Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current cost of half-sleeve in colour

• 10-05-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi All,

I know there's a lot of variables but what approximate costs am I looking at these days for a half sleeve, in colour?

Dublin area.

Either hourly costs or general overall estimates appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Goose76 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I know there's a lot of variables but what approximate costs am I looking at these days for a half sleeve, in colour?

Dublin area.

Either hourly costs or general overall estimates appreciated.

thanks

How long is a piece of string...
    Would depend on detail involved, a detailed piece will take a lot longer than one with little detail and just a lot of blank space.
    Hourly rates for sleeves are a bad idea, try get it priced by the piece. Hourly rate could be anywhere between €100 - €200. No one can give you an estimate without an idea of the detail and how time consuming it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Thanks, I knew it was a vague question!!

there'll be a fair amount of detail and work involved I'd say, a few different separate images/tattoos (5/6) hopefully being tied into one against some sort of unified backdrop. some ideas I am set in stone on, others I'll need the artist's guidance on so it seems it will be a bit time-intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I got quoted a full sleeve recently and it was 1,200 for the whole piece, he estimated it would be about 4 sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

LorelaiG wrote: »
    I got quoted a full sleeve recently and it was 1,200 for the whole piece, he estimated it would be about 4 sessions.

Under 1k your tattoo artist is a close friend and doing you a favour, 1200 - 2k+ isn't unheard of think I'm 1200 into one that has more session to go so maybe 1600- 1800, from wrist up to my trap currently then to be run up to part of my neck and part of my chest.

With a detailed piece try get a price for the work not hourly. Depending who the artist is budget 1200-2k ish for a full sleeve.

Advertisement