Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tullamore Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I see o connors trying to attract a very different crowd with Monday Club and buckets of beer! Last pub I'd ever have expected to see like that

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I see o connors trying to attract a very different crowd with Monday Club and buckets of beer! Last pub I'd ever have expected to see like that

I was in there on Monday night, they had a dj from 4-8 (We missed it). I'm from Dublin so was only down for weekend but the place was full of some very unusual characters :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

When's the Tullamore Community radio going on air does anybody know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    When's the Tullamore Community radio going on air does anybody know ?

I think it's later this year from what I can remember. Does anyone know if it's gonna be on FM or just online?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The Asian Street Food chain Lana are opening in town so I'm presuming they will go into the Paddy Field.

Pan-Thai might aswell pack up now because Lana is top notch. And very reasonable.

Lana are going into BK2, still nothing further on Paddy Fields.

• Advertisement

Paddy fields missing its roof from behind so it'll be a while before anythings in there! Only realised there's a costa in apple green on Clara road this evening. I live pretty much next to that shop and never noticed it before. Said it to the girl who informed me it's there about 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Paddy fields missing its roof from behind so it'll be a while before anythings in there! Only realised there's a costa in apple green on Clara road this evening. I live pretty much next to that shop and never noticed it before. Said it to the girl who informed me it's there about 6 months!

Isn't there Costa coffee available in Brendan Dolan's also, albeit a machine. Never got the Coffee to go craze meself, I've always preferred to spend a bit more on instant or a good ground. Bought a tall stainless steel travel mug in TK Maxx in the good old days for a tenner...it's still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Anyone know whats going on up by o Connor park... What's going there... I've heard a few stories... One a petrol station... Another was a car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on up by o Connor park... What's going there... I've heard a few stories... One a petrol station... Another was a car park...

Graveyard for Offaly GAA teams ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ground floor retail units and apartments over. Basement car park for the apartments as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Ground floor retail units and apartments over. Basement car park for the apartments as well.
    Yep 1 unit will be a Spar and another will be a chemist

Another chemist?!

Is that the old Phil o'reilly shop? Glad to see something happening with it if it is. Far too many undeveloped sites in town.

Another chemist?!

Haha hopefully as the town badly needs another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

medoc wrote: »

With rental apartments above. A little goldmine I'd say with all the junior doctors, nurses etc.

Yep on the face of it sounds crazy that the town needs another chemist but it is right across the road from the hospital/clinic

Do the maths

Yep on the face of it sounds crazy that the town needs another chemist but it is right across the road from the hospital/clinic

Do the maths

Great location granted and my comment was tongue in cheek. But still think we are more than adequately served for chemists. Still any development of derilict sites is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

I've heard someone saying a SuperValu as well...

Now that is something the town is lacking.

Great location granted and my comment was tongue in cheek. But still think we are more than adequately served for chemists. Still any development of derilict sites is welcome.

Indeed, seems to be alot more NEW for sale signs going up for green fields sites at the moment like the field near Dolan's shop on the Clara road (great site for housing as its close to town)

• Advertisement

At Phil riellys old shop? No it's a chemist, a spar and apartments.

Indeed, seems to be alot more NEW for sale signs going up for green fields sites at the moment like the field near Dolan's shop on the Clara road (great site for housing as its close to town)

Which field Benny? On the right heading to Clara? Moorehill house is going to be developed too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Now that is something the town is lacking.

A place to get robbed?

At Phil riellys old shop? No it's a chemist, a spar and apartments.
    Yep I said this earlier in the thread

Which field Benny? On the right heading to Clara? Moorehill house is going to be developed too

Yep that's the one used to be called Kearney's field I belive, had head something about the Moorehill, awful shame about that place thanks to that gangster from Edenderry. Hopefully true, what did you hear about it

Yep that's the one used to be called Kearney's field I belive, had head something about the Moorehill, awful shame about that place thanks to that gangster from Edenderry. Hopefully true, what did you hear about it

Retirement village, how true or far ahead that is, I'm not sure. I'm sure you know who's doing it.

akelly02 wrote: »
    A place to get robbed?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

SuperValu are robbers

akelly02 wrote: »
    SuperValu are robbers

As are Centra as are Dunne's as are Spar as are...... more choice is more competition. But as has been pointed out above it's not SuperValu so it doesn't matter to this discussion. I'd still rather a Spiervalu in town rather than another Spar or Centra.

• Advertisement

As are Centra as are Dunne's as are Spar as are...... more choice is more competition. But as has been pointed out above it's not SuperValu so it doesn't matter to this discussion. I'd still rather a Spiervalu in town rather than another Spar or Centra.

theres already two centras so thats plenty, supervalu would have a better choice than spar

Advertisement