Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

T&PA Nights Out - A Social Experiment

• 19-02-2015 2:57pm
    Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭

Howdy All,

Just floating an idea regarding a social aspect to the T&PA forum. I was considering a meetup type group that could head off to events with other like minded individuals. We all know that it is often hard to find someone to drag along to Theatre Festival shows or the local societies offering. We would also hope to support any productions and events that forum users are involved in.

So! Here is your outlet.

Some rules:

If you have an event that you wish to head along to, send me a pm and I'll create a thread. The instigator can pick a variety of dates that are suitable to them (as it's their idea) and anyone else interested can vote on their interested dates. Majority will rule on this, unless ticket availability dictates otherwise.

You are responsible for your own ticket purchase, Boards.ie or it's mods will not be footing the bill based on thanks or promises on thread, and then being left in debt because of no-shows. Obviously some events are designated seating so we can try organise this via pm.

We can meet for pre-drinks or a pre-theatre dinner, at the interval or after the show for a chinwag/dissection of the performance. Or any combination of the three.

This is not exclusive to the Dublin area either, so please let me know of any events you think the rest of the forum would enjoy.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sounds good to me, there are often things that I end up going to alone or I miss out on because I don't organise a ticket in time.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

miamee wrote: »
    Sounds good to me, there are often things that I end up going to alone or I miss out on because I don't organise a ticket in time.

I'm the same.

Most of my cultured friends are not in Dublin and therefore I miss out on nights out because they can't travel or I can't travel or the event is sold out before we get our act together.

I've an event in mind for our maiden voyage - I'll throw up some details in a separate thread tonight after work.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Sounds like a great idea! I don't attend a huge number of events, but as above, when I do, it's quite often alone.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea! I don't attend a huge number of events, but as above, when I do, it's quite often alone.

Which is a shame. A lot of people miss out because they don't like to go to things alone. Ireland has great cultural events they should be enjoyed by everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If an event is "Photography Friendly" then let the folks over in the Photography Forum know too.

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    If an event is "Photography Friendly" then let the folks over in the Photography Forum know too.

Ooohhh good idea.
    Will keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Sounds good! I can't always find someone to drag to the things I want to see.

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    Sounds good! I can't always find someone to drag to the things I want to see.

I know I'm the same. If you're in Dublin or fancy a trip up we have an event listed for the week after Easter that us currently being polled for dates. The more the merrier.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Anybody fancy a night out/meet up at the Dublin Theatre Festival this year?

Anybody fancy a night out/meet up at the Dublin Theatre Festival this year?

Could be arranged if you have any suggestions?

• Advertisement

I was thinking "Luck just kissed you hello" or the Fishamble one, "Bailed Out!". I'd also suggest "Hooked!" but it's only on in some suburban theatres, nothing central which may not suit for the purposes of a meet up.

I haven't really investigated much else yet. Some of the shows are already sold out :(

I was thinking "Luck just kissed you hello" or the Fishamble one, "Bailed Out!". I'd also suggest "Hooked!" but it's only on in some suburban theatres, nothing central which may not suit for the purposes of a meet up.

I haven't really investigated much else yet. Some of the shows are already sold out :(

Tis always the way! I'm happy to head along to anything.

Luck just kissed you hello is now sold out for Project Arts Centre perfs as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

Hedda Gabler week of 5/03/18 the at "Hamlet" for female roles, unless, that is, you're Maxine Peake.

Advertisement