Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DYT

30650_421853346513_313292786513_5478237_2760737_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HomeJam

LEAD ACTRESS (20-30 YEARS OLD)

and

MALE/ FEMALE SUPPORTING ACTORS (ALL AGES)

NEEDED FOR COMMERCIAL SHOOT WITH SNACK FOOD COMPANY

THIS MONDAY!!!!

TIME AND DATE : 17TH MAY 9 A.M. - 12 P.M.

VENUE : CITY CENTRE

SEND PHOTO/ HEADSHOT A.S.A.P

TO : homejamproductions@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Rates? Etc? I'd say you should have this in auditions if anywhere.

LEAD ACTRESS (20-30 YEARS OLD)

and

MALE/ FEMALE SUPPORTING ACTORS (ALL AGES)

NEEDED FOR COMMERCIAL SHOOT

THIS MONDAY!!!!

TIME AND DATE : 17TH MAY 2010

9 A.M. - 12 P.M.

VENUE : CITY CENTRE

For more information

SEND PHOTO/ HEADSHOT A.S.A.P

TO : homejamproductions@gmail.com

HOMEJAM PRODUCTIONS/ AIRGUITARIRELAND.COM is seeking an assortment

of people who can AIR GUITAR to appear on prime time TV show in Dublin.

Please send photos and video clips if possible to

officalairguitarireland@gmail.com

• Advertisement

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL WHO HAVE CONTACTED US FOR A TV SLOT

PLEASE ENSURE YOU REGISTER YOUR DETAILS A.S.A.P. at

AIRGUITARIRELAND.COM

Details include:

-STAGE NAME
    -TITLE OF 60 SECOND TRACK YOU WISH TO 'AIR' TO

THIS WILL GAURANTEE YOUR TV SLOT AS PLACES ARE LIMITED AND ALSO

PLACE AT THE IRISH CHAMPIONSHIPS.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE REGISTER NOW AS SPACES FOR

JULY 1ST 2010 SHOW AT THE VILLAGE, WEXFORD STREET

ARE FILLING UP.

for ay further queries contact

officialairguitarireland@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DYT

1383178735a12548006568l.jpg

Hi All,

Great response with the Air Guitarists for TV Show. However, we are

hoping to get a couple more female air guitarists.

The French have just announced their FEMALE CHAMPION.

and we know we Irish have some pretty talented females out there also.

The show is filming this Friday so get your details into

officialairguitarireland@gmail.com

asap.

We only have 2 slots available so first come first served.

If you can enclose a photo and any relevant links that would also

help.

*Winner flown to Oulu, Finland for finals in August 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CastingDirector

Seeking Irish-based actors and actresses of African origin for experimental film in August/September to be shot on location in various counties.

Please send CVs and headshots to: roughdraftpictures@live.com

HomeJam Productions is currently seeking a young rocky male

presenter, 20-40, with a cool look to host an upcoming music event

taking place on July 1st 2010.

For more details please forward any video links/cvs/ headshots to

homejaproductions@gmail.com

Please write

'MALE PRESENETER' in the subject box of email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

Anyone interested in joining an improv team?

Work Shop auditions this August 1st between 4-6

please email jtkearney@gmail.com to book in for a session and Ill email you details of the location.

We will perform in a city centre bar with a performance space seperate to the bar much like the set up in Anseo and She Been Chic.

Anyone interested will need to commit two hours a week rehearsal time and will perform on the first Monday of every Month.

We will be in development for two months before our first performance and the team will be 6 strong on stage.

We need a pool of at least 18 people to call on.

No previous experience necessary but a confident personality, quick wit and desire to enetertain are obviously an advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 srigney

Hi there

A short film to be shot in Offaly requires the casting of:
    Female: 25yrs-35yrs
    Auditions take place in St.Mary's Youth Centre, Tullamore, Offaly on Wednesday 18th August.
    The film is an abstract horror piece about a man who is haunted by visions of a deceased loved one. We are aiming for screening time at festivals nationwide. Due to budget constraints, the role is unpaid but travel expenses and food will be catered for.

Contact me at srigney16@gmail.com for all the information.

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Seafra

We are looking for up to fifty (50) volunteers to take part in a high-tension comedy show. We will be looking to narrow the 50 down to the best 12 hypnotic subjects for use in the video. this is not to be missed. contact us at seafra.ocathain@gmail.com for details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭TDiamond

No Drama Theatre is auditioning tonight (Tuesday August 24th) for it's next production Terry Pratchett’s ‘Wyrd Sisters’ [subject to license]. Auditions will be at our usual home, Synge St Boys CBS, from 6pm – 10pm.

If you are interested in auditioning and a full member of No Drama Theatre then email wyrdsistersnodrama@gmail.com to book your audition, receive the audition sheets and all other Wyrd related information. Call backs will be on Wednesday, August 25th.

Too scared to audition? Then come along at the same time for a fabulous workshop instead!

http://nodramatheatre.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finners_10

Hi all,
    The Parnassus Play for November is "Play On" by Rick Abbott. (See link
    http://www.knebworthplayers.com/playon.html ) It has a cast of 7 women and 3 men.

Breffni will be holding initial readings for the play on Wed 1 and Thu 2 Sep upstairs in Briody's Pub in Malborough St from 7.30pm - 9.30pm see link for map details.(
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/briodys.html ) we may have more auditions next week, depending on castings

We are hoping to encourage as many people as possible to turn up to the readings. Even if you are not going to be involved yourself, if you know of friends or colleagues, or anyone who might be interested in being involved in the play please encourage them to come along. In addition to the acting roles there are a number of other roles–
    1. Stage Manager
    2. Promotion
    3. Sound and Lights
    4. Costumes / Wardrobe

please email [EMAIL="Breffni.McGuinness@hospice-foundation,ie"]Breffni.McGuinness@hospice-foundation,ie[/EMAIL] if you are interested in any of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trudee

Hi, looking for a North American boy aged between 8 and 10 and a girl aged between 11 and 13 who are interested in acting. Either Canadian or U.S. they should look and sound N.American and be based in or around Dublin. It's for a film which will shoot in Dublin during October. If you have any kids of this age who fit the bill perhaps you'd email me on coconnor@esatclear.ie. Regards, Carmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sylvester88

There are a lot of entertainment hire opportunities at EntertainOz.
    Check it out: Entertainment hire--search entertainers, get your act listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Funtasia Frightfest

Wanted Actors......
    Have you got a talent for terror? Funtasia Waterpark is looking for six scary people to take part in Ireland’s first interactive horror show this Halloween :eek:
    To find them the
    Drogheda based waterpark is hosting an X Factor style talent competition called ‘The Scare Factor’ on Saturday 25th September 2010.
    The winners of Scare Factor will be invited to become paid members of the cast at Funtasia’s Halloween Frightfest which runs from October 22nd to 31st.
    Eager amateurs as well as experienced actors are invited to “dress to impress in their scariest costume’, and be at Funtasia Waterpark on Saturday 25th September. Casting starts at
    10am and runs until 5 pm.
    For more information on the Scare Factor see www.funtasia.ie or www.atmosfearuk.com You can also email questions to casting@atmosfearuk.com or call Funtasia Waterpark 041-9898000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Neasha

Hi all

I am a 24 year old photography Student from Dublin. I am looking for Male actors willing to work for free on a photographic projects I will be doing from januery-march 2011.

The photgraphic project is a D-day replication(War shot) on a beach location in Dublin. I am looking for as authentic as possible, looking for males between the ages 18-30. Looking for 10 actors.

If interested and would like to know more info please respond below or PM me here with a photo or a video clip if possible. Thanks a bunch.

(Below I have attached some images to give some examples of what I am thinking)

american-soldier-on-omaha-beach-6-june-1944.jpg

d-day06.jpg

d-day04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thelatinsphere

Female actor to play age range 35 - 45 needed for Galway Theatre Festival production. All rehearsals will be held in Dublin and performances will be in Galway City.
    The performances will take place Wednesday, September 27th at 8pm and Thursday, September 28th at 1pm in Nun's Island Theatre.

Availability for rehearsals including weekends needed.

This is a share-profit production.

If interested, please send your CV to thelatinsphere@hotmail.com

For further information on the Festival, please visit: www.galwaytheatrefestival.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RuthGuest

A male Actor between the ages of 18-23 is needed for a film i'm making. Needs to be able to smoke and cry easily. Film is about death/murder/mental health. Does anyone know anybody that will be up for it? I can't afford to pay but it would be experience and you would be credited.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SarzoMcDarzo

Test shoot for National Advertising Campaign tomorrow at 2.15pm in Dublin 1.

If your picture is chosen you will be paid €100 and a further sum if you are chosen for the TV advertisement.

If you are interested please email your name, age, nationality and phone number to: sarah@abccleaningservicesltd.ie

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow,

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Christy Ha

Can anybody tell me how to enter the on line talent competition featured on Beat 102 103 fm. I think its on awesome dot something.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so feel free to move.

I am currently involved in a low budget television show to be shown on channel 201 on Sky (Showcase).

It is a country and western roadshow - filmed in a different pub in a different county per episode. It will take place in a pub with bands playing, interviews etc.

Filming for the first one will be pretty soon - within the next few weeks. It will be in Ballina, Mayo.

Am looking for a comedian to play a role of the moody barman, who could have a minute's banter with the host at the start/ end of each commercial break.

It's a great opportunity to break into tv and if anyone is interested please let me know, send details.

Would be one days filming. We cannot pay anything, but can cover travel costs/expenses.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1 milton

RuthGuest wrote: »
    A male Actor between the ages of 18-23 is needed for a film i'm making. Needs to be able to smoke and cry easily. Film is about death/murder/mental health. Does anyone know anybody that will be up for it? I can't afford to pay but it would be experience and you would be credited.:D

Hi ruth could you leave your e-mail as I would be intersted in the film you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Butchering the Traditional Way presents The Passenger Seat

Auditions Sunday the 31st at 2:00pm-6:00pm, The Unitarian Church, Princes Street, Cork.

Actors needed: 2 males in their twenties, 1 versatile actor good at voices. All must have good comic ability.

An actor gets more than he bargained for when he rides along in Santa's sleigh to research him for a role. Santa isn't quite the jolly old soul most people think of and they risk life and limb delivering unwanted presents to people who very barely make the nice list. The Passenger Seat, a Christmas buddy comedy not intended for small children.

Main Characters: Santa, many years on the job have left him hardened and cynical. He normally works alone but gradually warms to his new partner. Underneath his tough exterior beats a heart of gold.
    Pierce, used to the coseted world of the Hollywood star but wants to prove himself in front of Santa as being a real man of action. Overwhelmed by what he sees with Santa.

Smaller Characters portrayed by one actor:

Hammid, a friendly hotdog seller.

Dictator, the ruler of a one party system.

Black Pete, former partner now sworn enemy of Santa Claus.

Fighter Pilot, an ace pilot.

Agent, smarmy 80s agent type.

Performance dates 11th and 12th of December at 8:00pm.
    Rehearsals Monday and Thursday at 7:00pm-9:00pm.
    Venue for both the Unitarian Church.

This is a profit share production. A third of profits go to the venue, the rest are shared between actors and stage manager.

Those interested should email Richard at Phaleg36@yahoo.ie with headshot and CV. Actors are welcome to bring a prepared piece to audition, something comic preferably. Hope to see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Hi all,

I'm looking for 2 actors for a 20 shot opening sequence i'll be filming this Fri (26th Nov) its part of my college course so unfortunately its unpaid and would probably best suit those building up their showreel footage etc.

Its relatively early days for me on this course so i also want to build up relationships with actors who i could work with again as i'll be filming a few short films during my time on this course and a lot more after.

If you're interested you can either pm me here or for a quicker response email: modestmagnet@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CleverPanther

Hello all

We at Clever Panther Productions are looking for volunteers for a Short Film which we are making for the Dare2BeDrinkAware Competition that is running at the moment. We are 2nd year students living in Cork and are hoping to do a day or 2 of shooting for an advert. We are looking for 1 male between 18 and 30 and 3 females aged 18 to 30.

If you have any interest or would like to know more please reply here or email us at cleverpantherproductions@gmail.com.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

Hi all,

Actors and Actresses required for an original Neon Fringe Production, Love in the Time of Social Networking due to be staged in mid-February 2011.
    We are looking for males and females to play multiple roles aged from mid 20's to early 60's.

Auditions will be held on Friday the 10th of December from 6pm-10pm in the Teachers Club.

The club is located at 36 Parnell Square West, Dublin 1.

As this is an original script, there will be no copies available before casting. There are no special requirements for the audition. Bring a CV and/or headshot if possible.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us on neonfringe@gmail.com

Thanks for your interest. Hope to see you there.

Neon Fringe Productions is a profit-share company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WhyAisling

Actors Needed for No-Budget Film
    Four actors need for a low-budget film based in Dublin. This is a black comedy based on a mother who thinks her son is dating a blow up doll.

Premise

Jessica is Christians' new girlfriend. Jessica has not yet been introduced to Christians' mother as she has a tendency to be a little over-protective. The last straw comes for Christian when his mother calls Jessica a blow up doll.

Characters Needed

Maureen (Mother)50-65yrs - Eccentric, and a little warped not compeletly removed from reality.

Declan (Husband) 50-65yrs - Maureens' long suffering hen pecked husband.

Christian (Son) 20-30yrs - Suffers from anxitey, reluctant to introduce his new girl friend to his Mother.

Jessica (Jammer) 20-30yrs - as real woman she is an ambitious blonde.

Must be available mid-january. If interested please contact Orla/Daniel at Libertiesproductions@gmail.com.

Hope to hear from you!!:)

Advertisement