Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20/21 Transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I wonder will any club save City from Stonesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'd say Stones will leave, have to keep the homegrown quota up for Europe so Ake replaces that too due to how long he was at Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nathan Ake gone to Manchester City for £40 million.

I don’t see him as the type of player City need but definitely the type of player they would buy.

Left sided centre back who fits into the homegrown status rules. I don’t know if he is the answer to any of their problems but those 2 things come with a premium in themselves and probably makes him more valuable than Otamendi, Stones (who may be homegrown but is also garbage) and an out of position Fernandinho.

I’m a little bit surprised they aren’t aggressively pursuing an elite CB. Maybe they still will, because now that they’re getting Fernan Torres on the cheap, they don’t really have a need to sign attacking players. A more reliable LB and CB would have been top of their list IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Stones would do better outside of England IMO.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Stones would do better outside of England IMO.

LOI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I wonder will any club save City from Stonesy.

?preset=player&greyscale=false

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Hojbjerg to Spurs confirmed. Defensive midfield might not make him a good FPL option but I think he might be a good fit for what Spurs need to be a better team and may make their other players a better option.

Walker-Peters moving the other way. Not convinced with the Southampton defense but he seemed to play well when I saw a game he played in a few weeks back.

Ziyech new to Chelsea might also be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Willian gone to Arsenal too. I wonder what that does for penalties in that team, you’d guess Auba holds them

Green&Red wrote: »
    Willian gone to Arsenal too. I wonder what that does for penalties in that team, you’d guess Auba holds them

Yeah, Willian is no penalty veteran.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, Willian is no penalty veteran.

Hazard has been the one taking them for years for Chelsea

Dont know if he took them at Shaktar pre Chelsea but you’d imagine Auba will still be first choice no matter

• Advertisement

Hazard has been the one taking them for years for Chelsea

Dont know if he took them at Shaktar pre Chelsea but you’d imagine Auba will still be first choice no matter

Exactly that

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macraignil wrote: »
    Walker-Peters moving the other way. Not convinced with the Southampton defense but he seemed to play well when I saw a game he played in a few weeks back.

They have just signed Mohammed Salisu from Real Valladolid for almost 11 million quid. He's apparently one of the best up-and-coming young centre-backs in world football.

Now I'm not saying he's going to turn out like Van Dijk but he's very highly-rated in Spain and should bolster their defence next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

macraignil wrote:
    Hojbjerg to Spurs confirmed. Defensive midfield might not make him a good FPL option but I think he might be a good fit for what Spurs need to be a better team and may make their other players a better option.

Might be an option in the sky sports version were points are awarded for passes, tackles and intercepts. I read a stat yesterday that Hojberg has the most ball recoveries or something like that in the league last season.

Willian to Arsenal has now been confirmed.

Willian to Arsenal has now been confirmed.

A player I've spent the last 5 years avoiding moving to a team I've spent the last 5 years avoiding

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A player I've spent the last 5 years avoiding moving to a team I've spent the last 5 years avoiding

So you haven't had Sanchez and Auba for spells in the last 5 years?

So you haven't had Sanchez and Auba for spells in the last 5 years?

I've had Danny Ceballos a lot more recent than that unfortunately! Willian to Arsenal just sounds like a awful mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ramsdale set to rejoin Sheffield United for 18.5 million :O

Would love him to be 4.5, but expecting 5.0 :(

'Bournemouth accept £18.5m Sheff Utd bid for Ramsdale'

https://www.skysports.com/share/12049786

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rumours going round that Southampton are interested in Jack Butland with Angus Gunn going in the opposite direction.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-butland-stoke-city-southampton-4443678

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Chilwell heading to Chelsea. Really don't like the look of that Leicester defence, Evans suspended as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Fitz* wrote: »

That’s great news for those of us on Johnstone

Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s great news for those of us on Johnstone
    Sell that one to me. I know very little about West Brom, but it would be a handy 8.5 combo if the Brighton one is disintegrating.

Thiago Silva due to have a medical at Chelsea on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone to hazard a guess at Messi prize if he came? 12-13M?

Anyone to hazard a guess at Messi prize if he came? 12-13M?

I’d say they would go one higher than they’ve gone before so 13.5 is it? It would certainly make the captaincy side of the game crazy boring.

I’d say they would go one higher than they’ve gone before so 13.5 is it? It would certainly make the captaincy side of the game crazy boring.

Ah yeah but can he do it on a cold wet Tuesday night in Sto ... eh I mean Sheffield?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thiago Silva due to have a medical at Chelsea on Thursday.

He's 36 now, of course he has the experience but will he have the pace to cope with the PL. Think they needed to go all to buy a top young CB, Silva is very underwhelming imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

It would be a nightmare. You literally have to get him even you don't want to cos so many would buy him in. Can't see him going to England to be honest

• Advertisement

jamesbere wrote: »
    It would be a nightmare. You literally have to get him even you don't want to cos so many would buy him in. Can't see him going to England to be honest

I think City could happen. I’d love him to go to Inter and make Serie A next year super interesting though.

Advertisement