Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid jobs

• 14-08-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm applying for jobs and when applying with ETBs, it's very difficult to find out the nature of certain jobs.
    How will we know if we are applying for a temporary covid job? Are they being advertised as fixed term, fixed purpose or are they explicitly stating that they have arisen from covid hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

I've seen 2 posts looking for a resource teacher (not qualified) to fulfill additional needs under covid -19. I'd imagine the role is mostly supervision, but they were 22rpt hours. Other than that I have seen no other posts arising from Covid -hours. Wonder when these 1000 additional posts are going to be advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

ulsen wrote: »
    I've seen 2 posts looking for a resource teacher (not qualified) to fulfill additional needs under covid -19. I'd imagine the role is mostly supervision, but they were 22rpt hours. Other than that I have seen no other posts arising from Covid -hours. Wonder when these 2000 additional posts are going to be advertised?

The additional hours that are given to schools might not be advertised. Most schools will only get a partial extra teacher and those hours will likley be spread around current staff who are not on full hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ethical

Remember if a school is over quota they will NOT get any extra body!
    As a previous poster said there may not be an advertisement as such,a teacher on few hours may get a few more hours and thats about as good as it gets!

Advertisement