Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will the rave scene by like in Ireland/Europe for the rest of 2020?ext

• 19-04-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭

do you think there will be any gigs or if not, will there be underground raves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some guys I know in galway that organise legit club nights are talking about it in the coming months maybe, but tbh most of us don't think it's worth the potential risk at the moment. Maybe in the coming months depending on how things pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

where I live they have a good few raves in forests during the summer, it will be interesting to see if that happens this summer. it wouldnt bother me going to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

If the situation continues as is, it would be really silly to get back to raving. Raves generally involve substances that lower your immune system - not everyone, I know, but a LOT, lets face it. Ravers flu is pretty prominent without this being on top of it.

Someday....we'll rave again.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

There is still lots of gigs in the summer that haven't been cancelled yet. Anything that is less than a 5000 capacity event that was selling tickets before the pandemic started are still selling tickets now. For example you can still buy tickets for Caribou in the Iveagh Gardens in July:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’ve got tickets for a Four Tet gig in Berlin at the end of October. Anything earlier I wouldn’t be getting my hopes. With social distancing here to stay it’s hard to see how any gig or festival could go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any decent gigs or raves on this July??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Any decent gigs or raves on this July??

https://www.tomorrowland.com/en/around-the-world/line-up/artists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

deckie27 wrote: »

So tomorrowland is cancelled?? Why this link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So tomorrowland is cancelled?? Why this link?

Sorry link.didn't go to correct part of site.
    They are holding a virtual Festival.

https://www.festicket.com/magazine/news/tomorrowland-announce-lineup-their-brand-new-digital-festival-around-world/

deckie27 wrote: »
    Sorry link.didn't go to correct part of site.
    They are holding a virtual Festival.

https://www.festicket.com/magazine/news/tomorrowland-announce-lineup-their-brand-new-digital-festival-around-world/

Kill me now. :(

• Advertisement

will there be any dance music festivals or gigs on this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

pgj2015 wrote: »
    will there be any dance music festivals or gigs on this year?

Definitely won't be any festivals and any big gigs. Small ones I'm not too sure about, but if you can't even shout in a pub it's not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Hopefully there wont be a scene for the res 2020.

I rember when I used to have raves in a giant room in my uncle's factory, it was a real ugly, grimy looking factory ya used t see in the 70's & 80's, the place was huge, the doors were these big 15 ft metal things. The night watchman didn't care as long as he got a extra 50 quid for the night.

Advertisement