Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welsh Open

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Wilson put out off his misery. And the rest of us put out of our misery watching him. I hope not to see him in a final.for a long time.

On the other hand absolutely barnstorming display from Shaun Murphy. He really was magic today.

Dublin getting plenty of mentions. Murphy was nearly going to pack it in apparently. Glad he didn't. What a dominant final performance. He'll be one to watch at Sheffield on that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Wilson put out off his misery. And the rest of us put out of our misery watching him. I hope not to see him in a final.for a long time.

On the other hand absolutely barnstorming display from Shaun Murphy. He really was magic today.

I quite like Wilson and he’ll take a lot from this week. He’s got a good team behind him and one of the games top coaches too. He’ll win more ranking titles no doubt about it.

FR01 wrote: »
    I quite like Wilson and he’ll take a lot from this week. He’s got a good team behind him and one of the games top coaches too. He’ll win more ranking titles no doubt about it.

That's fine. He'll win a title somewhere along the line because he has the right attitude on and off the table. Practices hard. Head screwed on. I just dont enjoy watching him play. Find him slow, ponderous and wooden. He's not an exciting player to watch and thats no problem just the way he is. Seems a nice lad. Said few good words in post match interview. Cracked few jokes at own expense. Bar the 9-1 drubbing its been a good week for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wasn't able to watch live but just caught up with it on youtube - the handy speedup version.

Wilson didn't turn up at all so although Murphy did play very well he wasn't given much opposition. It was disappointing from Wilson. Wilson has talent but I feel he's one of those kinds of players that require years of experience before he'll ever lift a trophy.

I'm very pleased Murphy has been working on his game and it's paying off. It wasn't long ago we were saying he seems happier commentating and getting involved in that side of the scene. And all of a sudden he completely turned it around. Well done. I'd love to see him win a few more of the big ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Big thing for murphy this season, alongside others, was giving up his role on the wpbsa. When i heard that at start of season i remember thinking this lad might have a chance of getting back now. He was far too active and diligent in that job, to his credit really, and never thought it could be commensurate with his desire to get back in world top 10. He's won 2 titles this season now, first time he's done that since 2010. Still not sure i can see him as a world champion again but with a decent draw i wouldnt be ruling him out.

Advertisement