Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tullamore shopping centre

• 09-08-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

If this new shopping centre gets the go ahead what would you like to see in it?
    Suggestions from my friends
    Penny's
    Starbucks
    T K Maxx
    Mark's & Spencer
    Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

raik18 wrote: »
    If this new shopping centre gets the go ahead what would you like to see in it?
    Suggestions from my friends
    Penny's
    Starbucks
    T K Maxx
    Mark's & Spencer
    Any other suggestions?

Wouldn't mind a New Look, River Island, Monsoon, Claire's Accessories or The Body Shop. Would most of all love a Penney's here.

Supposed to be a number of apartments, a cinema, restaurant and cafe going in there from what I've read so far. No idea who the anchor is going to be, they're keeping schtum on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

M&S, New Look, Monsoon are all closing stores. The same goes for Top Shop. Karen Millen and Coast were bought by Boohoo and will only sell online. Wallis I think is gone.

Penny's is the only healthy chain that I can see opening a store. I think it's absolute insanity to open a shopping centre at the moment unless you want empty retail units everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

meeeeh wrote: »
    M&S, New Look, Monsoon are all closing stores. The same goes for Top Shop. Karen Millen and Coast were bought by Boohoo and will only sell online. Wallis I think is gone.

Penny's is the only healthy chain that I can see opening a store. I think it's absolute insanity to open a shopping centre at the moment unless you want empty retail units everywhere.

Tullamore in poor planning shocker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Penny's unlikely to open in Tullamore due to it's store in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I would like a Supervalu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 raik18

Some else said an Easons would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Even the design is dull and insipid.

This makes zero sense. Duplex apartments might have been a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭medoc

Realistically the only major shops that would be possibly likely are Penny’s and Iceland. The new cinema if built to a good standard would be badly needed. The IMC is a horrible cinema and badly needs modernisation, a new location or competition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Where is the new shopping centre going?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Where is the new shopping centre going?

Proposed for the old Coens site. Beside Church Road Dunnes and across from the new Lidl.

• Advertisement

medoc wrote: »
    Proposed for the old Coens site. Beside Church Road Dunnes and across from the new Lidl.

I heard that’s a retail park and not a shopping centre???

I heard that’s a retail park and not a shopping centre???

Yea latest plans are for 5 or 6 separate buildings with a mix of retail and residential. The Celtic tiger era was a proper shopping centre. It’s currently awaiting further information from the developers at present according to the paper.

It's gone to bord pleanala.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The traffic from Swimming pool back into town via Henry Street is extra mad with the new traffic light system, the road works and the schools back.

Got caught in traffic yesterday, I feel for anyone having to do this route everyday at school times.

It's gone to bord pleanala.

Sorry you are wrong there - I just had a look on the Offaly county council website and its out for further information.

Sorry you are wrong there - I just had a look on the Offaly county council website and its out for further information.

If you look at bord pleanala you will see it there for October. You will also see Offaly cc do not update their information with any regularity

If you look at bord pleanala you will see it there for October. You will also see Offaly cc do not update their information with any regularity

Different development with An Bor Pleanala i think, if you look at www.offay.ie and planning reference number is PL2/19/96 you will see its at further information stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

medoc wrote: »
    Realistically the only major shops that would be possibly likely are Penny’s and Iceland. The new cinema if built to a good standard would be badly needed. The IMC is a horrible cinema and badly needs modernisation, a new location or competition.

Agreed. Don't know why they bothered to do a half ar'sed revamp as it added feck all to it. But then maybe its better left alone as the people that own it also own the Savoy in Dublin and what happened to that is a disgrace. Would be nice if VUE or Odeon came to Tullamore.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement