Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Psychology of Vision/New Age Religion operating in Munster Area

Options
  • 06-05-2019 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience of a new age religion called Psychology of Vision in Ireland? I know there is a version of it run in the South West of Ireland - namely Kerry/Clare/Limerick by 2 women- Fran and Denise- who are former "POV trainers". I have been hearing and seeing some usual behaviour connected to this group. They offer some form of solutions to happiness within your personal relationships and general success but from what I can gather, there is more dissolution than resolution going on. Marriages, families, relationships on their knees. The founders of .. school of thought for what of a better word - Chuck and Lency Spezzano - have been embroiled in some kind of scandal meaning they are not allowed to work in the US so their teachings have mysteriously migrated to Europe and Asia...I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience of this group via family, friends etc. They offer group "workshops" where it appears that one bears their soul in public and therefore cultivates this communal trust... something which appears to be manipulated by creating a dependency on the group. There also appeared to be a tiered system whereby the more people you involve, the more likely you are to progress into a leadership role within the organization. All of this "work" is very, very expensive- hundreds of euro per weekend. There is also a weekly "forum" for the truly ... dedicated(needy) And of course, if you are "in real crisis", there is a special premium you can pay to meet them for a private session with the two ladies.

As I am a newer user to boards, I can't yet post links but you search Lency Spezzano on youtube, you will find details of a "process" which is the holy grail of this "work". There is a few videos that will show you what they are all about...

Similarly, if you search Denise Psychology of Vision Ireland, you'll be taken to a blogspot account which has a transcript and screenshots of her meeting Lency, the leader of the organization. Here we can see Denise ask for 3 things - peace, success and most worryingly, LOTS OF MONEY... This is a major red flag...

Quite alarming to have an organization like this operating in my community in my opinion. If anyone has any information about experiences with this group or similar, it would be great to make contact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Saladin Ane

It's the old story. The difference between a cult and a religion. If the leader is dead, lived in poverty beforehand and was modest in all things it's a religion. If the head of things is alive, living in style and charging lots of moolah, it's a cult.

Go pick your poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Never heard of them but it would be impossible almost, to stop them from operating especially in Ireland. Freedom to practice whatever religion you want, need or like. Take the House of Prayer as an example.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

MOD NOTE: Please be careful of naming individuals and making claims about them that may constitute libel. Also, no need to post this in more than one forum so the other thread is deleted.

Advertisement