Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman sues Dunnes Stores over glass jug which shattered after she poured hot water in

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

100grand in 7 months IIRC?

Does IIRC stand for Irish Indoor Rowing Championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

See one there for 2mill to a homeless man that fell against a bus....
    Wtf....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Think I'll find a pothole somewhere and accidentally on purpose trip on it. Nice bit of cash when they see im afraid to walk in public again incase I fall into a pothole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

deandean wrote: »
    And I note from that article that she was cross claiming against the judge finding her just 25% negligent. LOL!

Some people are never happy :P

I predict that there reduction of awards, based on contributory negligence, will take a drop in order to see lower awards given approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

See one there for 2mill to a homeless man that fell against a bus....
    Wtf....

I mean, you could at least try to be less sensational about it. The man was literally boarding the bus, the driver closed the door and then drove off.

Here's the story
    A homeless man who suffered catastrophic injuries and is paralysed from the waist down after falling under a bus in Dublin city centre has settled his High Court action for €2m.

Michael Carroll had been homeless for 15 years at the time of the accident in October 2014, the court heard.

Mr Carroll now has paraplegia, has to use a wheelchair and needs full-time care, Richard Lyons SC, with Niall O’Neill BL, said.

Counsel said this was a tragic accident where Mr Carroll had been about to board the bus, the doors closed and the bus drove off.

Mr Carroll, who was near the side wheel, fell under the bus and suffered catastrophic injuries, counsel said.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I mean, you could at least try to be less sensational about it. The man was literally boarding the bus, the driver closed the door and then drove off.

Here's the story

Just because he says he was boarding doesn't mean that's true either.

I've had all sorts happen in the job and because someone is beside the bus doesn't mean they are boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just because he says he was boarding doesn't mean that's true either.

I've had all sorts happen in the job and because someone is beside the bus doesn't mean they are boarding.

you've never closed the doors on someone about to board?

you've never closed the doors on someone about to board?

Seriously read the article..,..

He was intoxicated, stated by himself.

Video footage would have shown what happened.

Seriously read the article..,..

He was intoxicated, stated by himself.

Video footage would have shown what happened.

does that mean he must be lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I need some advice here.

I was wearing a pair of socks, made in guatemala, and walking down a road when my toes slipped to the side. The socks were immediately torn and before I knew what was happening my balance was compromised by gravity.

I staggered to the left and then to the right when a wall built by the local county council in 1996 jumped out in front of me and shoved me, against my will, sending me flying head-first into a bus stop that was leaning at less perpendicularity than is acceptable to the earth.

My nerves have been blasted to smithereens ever since and I need money for holidays, new socks and a car before long.

Who do I contact for money?

• Advertisement

does that mean he must be lying?

Well seen as even if he ran out or just lay under it, they'd pay out anyway it does not seem to matter.

Gradius wrote: »
    I need some advice here.

I was wearing a pair of socks, made in guatemala, and walking down a road when my toes slipped to the side. The socks were immediately torn and before I knew what was happening my balance was compromised by gravity.

I staggered to the left and then to the right when a wall built by the local county council in 1996 jumped out in front of me and shoved me, against my will, sending me flying head-first into a bus stop that was leaning at less perpendicularity than is acceptable to the earth.

My nerves have been blasted to smithereens ever since and I need money for holidays, new socks and a car before long.

You that person that called in to say they were on my bus, walked into a street pole and somehow thought it was my fault????

Well seen as even if he ran out or just lay under it, they'd pay out anyway it does not seem to matter.

so now you think he deliberately hurt himself. not sure 2 million would cover that kind of injury for me.

so now you think he deliberately hurt himself. not sure 2 million would cover that kind of injury for me.

Never said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Gradius wrote: »
    I need some advice here.

Take it to Strasbourg, but frankly, I think they've bigger fish to fry.

Advertisement