Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Have you a source for this

A source for what? The company placing an emphasis on health and fitness?

I was referring to the fact that there's a fairly comprehensive fitness test which needs to be passed before getting the job. I understand there are also random tests throughout the job.

Maybe it's the Regulator or some other body who do the testing and not Irish Rail. Either way, if Health and Fitness is important for the role, it would seem to make sense to have a small fitness room at the main depots. Or at least discount membership at a local gym.

I was only asking a question. No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Lots of news stories about Covid having severe negative financial impact on rail and bus companies, as social distancing is to continue for the foreseeable future.

Has any of the Train Drivers on here heard anything on the grapevine regarding the planned Train Driver recruitment? Wondering if it's still going ahead. Hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Whatever about more drivers, I believe the current ones at mentoring stage have been stopped because only one member of staff can be in the cab. This could go on for a long time as wearing of face masks might not cut it with those involved.

My question on this, is there a time limit before for example trainees would have to start there mentoring over again. Is for example a 6 month gap in training acceptable?

I could be wrong but don't all current drivers have to drive there route at least once every 6 months to keep up knowledge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

Also has anyone heard anything re the Customer Service Officer position, I’m after giving up hope but just wondering if anyone knows anything

Maybe no news is good news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Also has anyone heard anything re the Customer Service Officer position, I’m after giving up hope but just wondering if anyone knows anything

Maybe no news is good news...

I’d say ultimately they will be still recruiting for these positions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I got an email from the OPC crowd telling me that I will hear back from Irish Rail about the Customer Service job at some point and they invited me to be a guinea pig for a test they are developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Knock2

Does anybody kno the approx starting salary for o.c.s role
    Is it in the 33k/35k ?
    Also how many hours a week would the contract be?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

Knock2 wrote: »
    Does anybody kno the approx starting salary for o.c.s role
    Is it in the 33k/35k ?
    Also how many hours a week would the contract be?

I’ve heard it’s a 48 hour week contract but not sure on the pay

If it’s a 48 hour contract u would think the staring salary would b 33k+ min considering its shift work and weekends
    Anybody have an idea how we can find out it was unusual that it wasn’t posted with recruitment ads??

If it’s a 48 hour contract u would think the staring salary would b 33k+ min considering its shift work and weekends
    Anybody have an idea how we can find out it was unusual that it wasn’t posted with recruitment ads??

Send HR a direct message

• Advertisement

It would be up to 48hrs with most weeks shorter and hosts (Cork route) start rate low 30s this is likely similar if not the same. Cushy job and very well paid considering.

Revenue starts at 41000

I should say I have not viewed the specific add for CSO's but:

I suspect roles will be for contract of between 39 hours and 48 hours depending on the depot. For example based in Heuston would likely require high contract rate compared to Waterford based on journey times. If you had a contract for 39 hours its likely the roster would not reach this maximum hours per week. I could guarantee not a single CSO or Train Host work 48 hours per week, most 35-45 hours and typical shift is 6-9 hours.

I don't know the salary but around 31k-36k depending if your contract is for 39, 40 41 hours up to 48 hours and rise to max of scale over time.

I would't email an employer looking for salary details before you have interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

39 hrs . Around 32k for new entrants.

It will be interesting to see how recruitment goes and how current trainees are getting on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I saw a DART today with two people in the cab both wearing masks. Mentoring perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

GT89 wrote: »
    I saw a DART today with two people in the cab both wearing masks. Mentoring perhaps?

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Just got an email, was meant to attend in March for phase 1 but was postponed. Back now end of June, whooo

• Advertisement

Just got an email, was meant to attend in March for phase 1 but was postponed. Back now end of June, whooo

I presume that’s for driving?
    Any update will With the customer service role Recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 andybar

Hi all,

Got the e-mail about the next confirmed dates for phase 1.
    Just wondering does anyone know if you have to produce educational documents or even further down the line?

Does be a pain trying to get hands on them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

andybar wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got the e-mail about the next confirmed dates for phase 1.
    Just wondering does anyone know if you have to produce educational documents or even further down the line?

Does be a pain trying to get hands on them!!

No, they dont ask for them. Thats for the driving job anyway.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    No, they dont ask for them. Thats for the driving job anyway.

Thanks very much just took ages to get leaving cert results before for the Prison Service and lost them when I moved house. With everything going on I was panicking thinking I wouldn't be able to get them in time 👍

Replied last week confirming my preferred dates for the tests coming up, heard nothing since. Has anyone heard back yet?

Replied last week confirming my preferred dates for the tests coming up, heard nothing since. Has anyone heard back yet?

Is that for the driving or the customer service role?

Is that for the driving or the customer service role?

Driving

Driving

For the driving job, I myself havnt gotten a confirmation email for selected dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

I replied to e mail two weeks ago and have confirmation of test date thankfully

• Advertisement

How did people get on with phase 1?

Advertisement