Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas Rail Replacement

Options
  • 19-05-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭

I live about 4 metres from the Luas Green Line in town and according to a very brief flyer I got in the post there is going to be works on this weekend for basically the whole weekend.

Does anyone know what "rail replacement" consists of (other than the obvious). In the past I know they've used welders and grinders meaning that even late at night it is extremely bright and loud. Just wondering should I be expecting that again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Closing off the road, or a lane. Saw cutting and breaking out the concrete or asphalt around the rails down to the level of the base slab or sleepers, cutting and detaching the rail, laying and re-welding in the new sections and reinstating the concrete or asphalt. It'll be noisy. Buy some ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Or complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Closing off the road, or a lane. Saw cutting and breaking out the concrete or asphalt around the rails down to the level of the base slab or sleepers, cutting and detaching the rail, laying and re-welding in the new sections and reinstating the concrete or asphalt. It'll be noisy. Buy some ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Or complain.

Haha, thanks for this. Basically the worst-case scenario in terms of disruption so.

I'll never complain about scheduled works. **** has to be done I get that - but I'd probably recommend never living in an apartment this close to the tracks. Works happen often. It sucks.

Advertisement