Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PRSI+TAX NOT PAID BY EMPLOYER BUT DEDUCTED FROM WAGES

• 29-05-2020 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, i was looking through my PRSI cintrubution statement and in 2008 i left my employment in june and went into jobseekers til march 2009 on my statement for 2008 there is 26 credited contributions but no paid. I'm in my early 30's now will this affect my pension in also lived out of Ireland for a few years.
    I was paying prsi etc out of my wages.
    What can i do to fix this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You can pay the missing contributions, I'd also report to Revenue that the employer took the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 msullyo

I found a few old payslips few months back I dunno did I bin them or move them 2 another corner! I remember he stopped paying through the bank and we got cash. The business was struggling 2008 recession era. That year I worked 7days a week from feb til end of june!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You can pay the missing contributions, I'd also report to Revenue that the employer took the funds.

for 2008?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 msullyo

for 2008?
    Yes 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

msullyo wrote: »
    Hi, i was looking through my PRSI cintrubution statement and in 2008 i left my employment in june and went into jobseekers til march 2009 on my statement for 2008 there is 26 credited contributions but no paid. I'm in my early 30's now will this affect my pension in also lived out of Ireland for a few years.
    I was paying prsi etc out of my wages.
    What can i do to fix this

It is possible that a 6 month period will not have any adverse impact on your pension entitlement. If you have 40 years of contributions/credits then you will qualify for a full pension on current rules. However, as you don't know what the future will hold, there is a possibility that it will have an impact, and it will be much easier to resolve this now rather than in another 30/40 years.

First step would be to contact the employer if they are available, and ask them to rectify. If this doesn't resolve things, it would be a matter of contacting social welfare and advising them. They can appoint an Inspector to investigate. They may do this alongside Revenue, particularly if any PAYE was also not being passed on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement