Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The National Party

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Well obviously they need to build more social housing. Which is what plenty of people here have been saying for a long time now. The failure to do so isn't part of some plot to import foreigners and wipe us out, though.

There are far more banal but no less insidious reasons for that, mostly resulting from corruption and vested interests. Blaming immigrants is just looking for a simple scapegoat rather than confronting the harsh reality of continuing to vote in governments that won't deliver on their promises to build more social housing.

Well, the uncomfortable fact that too many people don't want to face is that it's mostly a product of the massive, practically cartoonish level of wealth inequality in the world.

It's a bit like Ursula K. Le Guin's famous short-story The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas; our wealth, in the West, is built on the back of suffering of so many people. Now personally I can't really fault those people for wanting to seek out a better life for themselves. After all, didn't Irish people do the same during the Famine? And didn't they face terrible discrimination because they were seen as barbarians invading America?

There won't be an end to immigration until people no longer have need to emigrate.

Well that's just it, isn't it? The fact on the ground, the reality, is that these political parties aren't solving anything.

When local Joe is screwed over by housing, yet sees with his own eyes that non Irish people are being given homes for free, the result is inevitable.

These current political parties ushered in a new world for ireland, so to speak.in doing so, they have rendered themselves obsolete going forward. They are no longer fit for purpose as the world they grew out of slowly disappears.

Hence, new political parties will gradually gain power. The same way it's happening elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Maybe. Every far-right party that's tried to set up here has failed miserably. Hell, even the likes of the PDs failed. Then you have the alphabet soup on the other side who're just as politically irrelevant.

Could things change? Absolutely. But then anything could happen. Personally, I'm not entirely convinced the appetite exists here for extremist political parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Going by what I've seen elsewhere and how they operate... I doubt it. Their most insidious tactic is to couch their objections in seemingly reasonable terms. And that they appeal to things like LGBT rights or women's rights but then turn around and start insulting those same groups, revealing their true intentions.

After all, the term 'alt-right' was coined by the American white-nationalist Richard Spencer precisely as a euphemism for people like himself. They know that their old arguments have been cottoned on to.

I'm reluctant to bring this up but... a lot of the talk about 'globalists' being a by-word for Jews came from their use of the triple parentheses around the word. But only the slowest of them still use those. My point being that they always seek out euphemistic terms for their targets. They're careful to play into peoples' fears just enough to give themselves plausible deniability.
    The one thing they can't do, however, is change the core of the arguments; Jews are not 'us', they want to destroy 'us', they want to overthrow 'us', they want to outbreed 'us'. The prejudice is as old as the hills, just the terminology has changed.

Hell, even today there's still debates over whether Jewish people are 'white'. Which just further demonstrates how meaningless the term is.

If you're expecting them to, like the Nazis, come straight out and start talking about how Jewish people are the cause of all our ills... that's being a little naive. They've learned from that past. Antisemitism was rife in Europe at the time and so it was fair-game to talk about Jewish people like that but nowadays they have to be careful.

But there are certain targets that they can still be open about. That prejudice against is seen as acceptable.
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said, but the number of posters who go along with that ideology is really, really small. Just look at the National Party thread where essentially zero people have shown support for it, bar the OP. I'm sure there are some, just not as many as you seem to believe.

Anyway I'll leave it there. I'll return the favour and give you the last word this time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Going by what I've seen elsewhere and how they operate... I doubt it. Their most insidious tactic is to couch their objections in seemingly reasonable terms. And that they appeal to things like LGBT rights or women's rights but then turn around and start insulting those same groups, revealing their true intentions.

After all, the term 'alt-right' was coined by the American white-nationalist Richard Spencer precisely as a euphemism for people like himself. They know that their old arguments have been cottoned on to.

I'm reluctant to bring this up but... a lot of the talk about 'globalists' being a by-word for Jews came from their use of the triple parentheses around the word. But only the slowest of them still use those. My point being that they always seek out euphemistic terms for their targets. They're careful to play into peoples' fears just enough to give themselves plausible deniability.
    The one thing they can't do, however, is change the core of the arguments; Jews are not 'us', they want to destroy 'us', they want to overthrow 'us', they want to outbreed 'us'. The prejudice is as old as the hills, just the terminology has changed.

Hell, even today there's still debates over whether Jewish people are 'white'. Which just further demonstrates how meaningless the term is.

If you're expecting them to, like the Nazis, come straight out and start talking about how Jewish people are the cause of all our ills... that's being a little naive. They've learned from that past. Antisemitism was rife in Europe at the time and so it was fair-game to talk about Jewish people like that but nowadays they have to be careful.

But there are certain targets that they can still be open about. That prejudice against is seen as acceptable.
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said, but the number of posters who go along with that ideology is really, really small. Just look at the National Party thread where essentially zero people have shown support for it, bar the OP. I'm sure there are some, just not as many as you seem to believe.

Anyway I'll leave it there. I'll return the favour and give you the last word this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Maybe. Every far-right party that's tried to set up here has failed miserably. Hell, even the likes of the PDs failed. Then you have the alphabet soup on the other side who're just as politically irrelevant.

Could things change? Absolutely. But then anything could happen. Personally, I'm not entirely convinced the appetite exists here for extremist political parties.

I don't think that exceptional mode of thinking works anywhere to be honest.

Again I would say that the sole reason that nationalist parties have only appeared very recently is directly tied to the rapid rate of change.

I think the most "interesting" time ahead for ireland is when the children of these immigrants grow up. Anecdotally, there are some classrooms and schools that are majority non native, and the sudden appearance of such change (adults versus children) will probably come as a real shock to most people.

• Advertisement

Ah, its not so much a political party I fear as radicalistion of individuals.

But, if I must have the last word then I'll just apologise for my behaviour towards you on the other threads. I'll be the first to say I sometimes speak impetuously. I was angry and I jumped the gun on you, so to speak, and for that I'm sorry.
    Gradius wrote: »
    I don't think that exceptional mode of thinking works anywhere to be honest.

Again I would say that the sole reason that nationalist parties have only appeared very recently is directly tied to the rapid rate of change.

I think the most "interesting" time ahead for ireland is when the children of these immigrants grow up. Anecdotally, there are some classrooms and schools that are majority non native, and the sudden appearance of such change (adults versus children) will probably come as a real shock to most people.

I had a really long reply written out because I think you raise some interesting points but I accidentally refreshed the page and am just feeling a bit miffed to start all over again right now.

Suffice to say, for now, that historically we've mostly experienced net emigration so I understand immigration is a new phenomenon for a lot of people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't think anyone is looking for an extremist party, but the way things are at the moment is not acceptable either where immigration isn't up for discussion at all by any of the political parties which is baffling because the system we have just is not working.

There is no political will to put a system in place where there is a quick turnaround at the airport once the immigrants story is heard and if they think its bullsh1it put them on the next flight back.

Same with lads arriving on trucks, set up a detention centre to hold them until arrangemants have been made and send them back ASAP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Barrett said something to the effect that Hazel Chu isn't ethnically Irish. Would have liked to hear him being asked about whether he believes Paul McGrath is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

coinop wrote: »
    Is it not in the interest of democracy to have alternatives? FF/FG/SF/Labour/Greens are all singing from the same hymn sheet. They're all pro-EU, pro-gay marriage, pro-abortion, pro-mass immigration. Choice is an illusion in Irish politics. For years voters have complained that "they're all the same" which is true, but now we have more complainers whinging that we have a choice. There has traditionally been no ideological basis in Irish politics due to the two main parties having their roots in the Civil War divide over the issue of partition. The National Party are here to change that.

For better or worse gay marriage and abortion are legal now. National party should focus soley on mass open borders immigration that the established parties clearly embrace. There are many on the Left that are just as concerned about mass immigration from the 3rd world and the skyrocketing crimes rates that accompany it. If the NP wants to get anywhere they're going to have to appeal to people on the Left that still have a foothold in reality and sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

joe40 wrote: »
    People calling for a right wing party?
    What does that even mean. I always understood right wing to be pro capitalism now it seems to be anti immigration, pro nationalism, anti welfare, anti abortion, anti LGBT, the list goes on depending on who you are listening to.

As it stands the national party are nowhere near mainstream.

A ti abortion anti lgbt can happen on the left too but is usually the oreserve of the extremist right, nobody is calling for that kind of party.

People are calling for lower taxes, lower welfare, immigration control etc.. which are gery moderate right views to hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

coinop wrote: »
    Let's have a thread about Ireland rather than America for a change. Founded in November 2016, the National Party was founded by Justin Barrett and his old friend James Reynolds. The two men had been involved in pro-life activism as teenagers and Barrett got a taste of the media spotlight during his No campaign to the Nice Treaty referendum in the early 2000s.

The National Party revolves around 9 core principles which makes it unique among Irish political parties in that it is ideologically based rather than following the populist trend of the day. The main points of NP ideology are: support for a 32 county Ireland, against mass immigration and against abortion.

The NP tested the waters by running candidates in the 2020 general election but none of their candidates were elected with only a few hundred votes each. The party blamed the media's determination to ignore them for their poor performance with most voters claiming to have never heard of the NP. Newspapers had incorrectly listed NP candidates as Independents if they even listed them at all. It seemed like there was a concerted effort by the mainstream media to pretend the NP did not exist and hope that they would fade away.

That all changed last night with RTE's hatchet job on Justin Barrett and the Nationalist movement in Ireland. RTE have realised that the NP are not going away so have decided they must take Barrett down. The public discovered the NP after the last general election and now the cat is out of the bag. They will build upon their name recognition for a more successful election run next time around. How do the esteemed posters of Boards feel about the NP?

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

The what party?

Justin who?

"Mass open borders" are just buzzwords used to scare people who don't know any better. Where are the examples of these "established parties" embracing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

With that screeching poisoned dwarf at their helm...I doubt they will go anywhere fast...thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Peter from Gort

Justin' Barrett's wife number 2 is at least 20 years younger than him, how did he pull that one off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The national party would do better if they dropped barret and the ‘no to abortion’ shtick.

Once a society starts infanticide, it is in decline. The replacement rate among native Irish is below 1.81 approximately. Germany France and Italy are well below that. They will be finished in a few short generation.

Justin' Barrett's wife number 2 is at least 20 years younger than him, how did he pull that one off ?
    Ah yeah wife number 2...when he had campaigned against divorce...

Once a society starts infanticide, it is in decline. The replacement rate among native Irish is below 1.81 approximately. Germany France and Italy are well below that. They will be finished in a few short generation.
    Infanticide....and the white nationalist right wing replacement theory.....all in one post ...classy.

They are violent nazis. They have threatened minorities here. They used to have connections with the IRA. yeah ..you sure?

That is Antifa, who have a wonderful reputation of turning up and wrecking the shop. See last week in France? SinnFein shop sell antifa goods.

gmisk wrote: »
    Infanticide....and the white nationalist right wing replacement theory.....all in one post ...classy.

Yup, its happening. Its happened before and it will happen again..... and look what they are bringing on to replace us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yup, its happening. Its happened before and it will happen again..... and look what they are bringing on to replace us.

I have news for you. We live, we die, and we are replaced by those who come after.

If you breed you will be replaced by your own kids.

I'm guessing that many people whining about the great white replacement are childless (like Gemma) or have fewer than 2 kids.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I have news for you. We live, we die, and we are replaced by those who come after.

If you breed you will be replaced by your own kids.

I'm guessing that many people whining about the great white replacement are childless (like Gemma) or have fewer than 2 kids.

Yes because we cannot afford to have them because we are taxed to the hilt to pay for all this diversity, direct provisions, charities and over seas aid that are money pits. Oh Gemmas husband died of cancer a few years back so classy dig there. We are bumped down the housing list and a working couple cannot get a mortgage. The Engineering and Technical grades are running out of the country. I have 4 of my 5 cousins were doctors and they are gone. 30% of your money is taken as tax at the start and then its picked away at. If you are just breaking even or have a negative balance on your bank account at the end of the money you are a slave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Any evidence that we're being replaced?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Of course, it's not like the government has to pay for roads, schools, hospitals, policing, the civil service, public transport, etc..

Any evidence that we're being replaced?

only have to look around you and see the changes in the inner cities and Balbriggan. Can I say that here without being censored? Can't talk about children that were sexually assaulted in Courtown last year? I am guessing you live far away from these places?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

only have to look around you and see the changes in the inner cities and Balbriggan. Can I say that here without being censored? Can't talk about children that were sexually assaulted in Courtown last year? I am guessing you live far away from these places?

None then. Ok.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Of course, it's not like the government has to pay for roads, schools, hospitals, policing, the civil service, public transport, etc..

Yes it has to be paid for but the Corporation pay very little in tax and it is all placed on the individual. All my cousins are gone to Singapore and Australia except one. They say the quality of family life is terrible here. Singapore and Dubai do the same thing but very little tax on the individual. Here the middle and upper working class is dying.

None then. Ok.

Didnt the media (and Boards included) shut those conversations down? The Police couldnt issue a description of the attackers in Courtown. We cant talk about the acid attacks in Waterford earlier this year, ye shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yup, its happening.

You've evidence of this?

Its happened before and it will happen again.

When? Where?

.... and look what they are bringing on to replace us.
    Who? What?

Didnt the media (and Boards included) shut those conversations down? The Police couldnt issue a description of the attackers in Courtown. We cant talk about the acid attacks in Waterford earlier this year, ye shut it down.

Why are you asking me? If this happened, you should be able to demonstrate this yourself.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Boards closes all threads regarding ongoing court cases. And the Gardaí didn't release a description because:

[quote=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/gardaí-issue-further-appeal-over-alleged-sex-attack-in-courtown-1.3984249[/quote]
    Investigators have been reluctant to share descriptions of the alleged attackers due to their age, sources said. A number, or perhaps all, of the suspects are underage.[/quote]

So there ya go.

Advertisement