Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You on the lyrics again. :eek:

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother ( of 64)
    You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive

Lol , nice one Ted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, have a headache, think I'm gonna go to bed early tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've just finished melted cheese on toast with Worcestershire sauce. Food of the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭thomil

Deja Boo wrote: »

Now that would make a great first date!

Enjoy the sky, thomil!

I'm afraid I'm as socially active as that comet. One swing-by every 7000 years or so is all that I'm getting these days :pac:

If you have a moderately clear view to the northwest, I'd recommend for everyone to head out and get a look for yourself. It's clearly visible with the naked eye and easy to find, as it's visible in the constellation Ursa Major.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

hope you feel better cat lady!

Now that would make a great first date!

Enjoy the sky, thomil!

thanks deja boo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Honesty is great, but could you have been "too honest"?

Health issues are a very heavy topic for a first date.... From your post it would appear she works in healthcare so it may have come up organically, which is cool, but still very heavy :)

Too honest if I was looking too lie my way into the sack, but I've notime for that. She asked about my health before we had even met, I pretty much handed over a truckload of red flags and she still was up for meeting. Maybe it was a morbid curiosity thing.
    I was out with friends getting over a really bad break up..... Like shockingly bad (I actually still get knots in my stomach when I think of it... Not cos of the relationship, but he listed all the things that were wrong with me, it wasn't a short list, in a "I'm doing you a favour, these are things you can work on" kinda way (there's alot to be said for the line "it's not you it's me :)) .

That's pretty fcuked up. Very in your face and hard to dismiss. Sorry that happened to you.
    Wasn't looking for anything, my confidence was down the toilet, himself started chatting... I was like you seem really nice but no... He happened to be a friend of my friend a few weeks later, bumped into each other again.....

Given the situation with the virus, if I bump into anyone new without expecting it they've broken in and I'm about to be beaten to death with my own shoe.

A wise fella (miss you cd) once said first dates are best if kept to light, simple, best behaviour hello's (like over coffee or drinks); second dates are for focusing on something (anything) outside yourselves (like activities, movies, museums, comet spotting); and thirds are for for focusing on one another, (like dinner and walks and talks.) I kinda like that - an ease of transition thru the awkwardness of dating.

That just sounds very planned to me, the first question should always be what blood type they are in case the date goes wrong like that time it went really quite wrong.

kowloon wrote: »
    That just sounds very planned to me, the first question should always be what blood type they are in case the date goes wrong like that time it went really quite wrong.

:D

Seriously, kowloon, you need to keep it lighthearted in the beginning. The same way you wouldn't talk about your ex/broken dreams etc.

It's not being dishonest, rather It's seeing if there's a connection before opening up and exposing vulnerability.

Blood type ? :eek: ...if first dates require transfusions, yer doing it wrong (or maybe I am too old school, I dunno)

Yeah, I can't really talk about it too much but the family got compensation and most of the sausages were recalled so I think it'll be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've just finished melted cheese on toast with Worcestershire sauce. Food of the gods!

Hmmm......replace the Worcestershire sauce with Lea perrins and then it would be the food of the gods :pac:.

• Advertisement

Hmmm......replace the Worcestershire sauce with Lea perrins and then it would be the food of the gods :pac:.

Just as well I didn't make enough for you! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I'm sorry your date wasn't feeling the spark Kowloon, that's quite disheartening. I'd be very up front about my health problems from the start and my crazy, I tend to just pour it all out at the beginning so it weeds out the scaredy cats right away :p

On the couch trying to read but so tired.

96Xfepx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭3d4life

Some like a light smear of Marmite instead. I go with some dijon mustard :)

Deskside, listening to NYState planned criteria for reopening schools

sorry to hear about your date kowloon, that's a bummer, but don't give up :)

I tend to be upfront about my health conditions from early on (not them all), most people tend to go 'ahh I know someone else with autism/ASD', as it's becoming more common/understood

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I would have been much better served when dating if I had asked where they stood on pineapple on pizza as a first question.

Baggly wrote: »
    I would have been much better served when dating if I had asked where they stood on pineapple on pizza as a first question.

Always .

Trick is , just eat the pineapple off it first ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Too honest if I was looking too lie my way into the sack, but I've notime for that. She asked about my health before we had even met, I pretty much handed over a truckload of red flags and she still was up for meeting. Maybe it was a morbid curiosity thing.

That's pretty fcuked up. Very in your face and hard to dismiss. Sorry that happened to you.

Given the situation with the virus, if I bump into anyone new without expecting it they've broken in and I'm about to be beaten to death with my own shoe.

Yeah I get dating in the middle of a pandemic is hard :D

It's not about lying your way into the sack though. It's just sharing alot of personal information fairly soon can be overwhelming for the recipient.

The start of dating is presenting the best versions of ourselves, after a few weeks we slowly introduce the crazy :D

Ah the list :) it was tough, but you can't bend yourself to fit someone else's ideas of perfection... Cos perfection doesn't exist. I could have easily given him a similar list :D but yeah it does play on your mind especially in times of introspection, which is a dangerous persuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Trick is , just eat the pineapple off it first

I like pineapple on pizza!

Baggly wrote: »
    I like pineapple on pizza!

Lol , so do I but I thought you didn't !!

• Advertisement

The start of dating is presenting the best versions of ourselves, after a few weeks we slowly introduce the crazy :D

I find that incredibly difficult. If asked what kind of places I like to go out or something there's always going to be part of me that says 'anywhere is fine as long as it's 400 metres from a school'. It's hard to hold it in and try and be this handsome, mysterious type that people seem to want but I'm never going to be. You can't instantly stuff a decade or more of personal development into a brain that's past its best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just as well I didn't make enough for you! :cool:

I'll be crying in my sleep tonight :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not long home from a garden party, very well organised and we were all around in a circle sitting out in the evening sun :) About 8 of us all together but it was so nice to see friends I haven’t seen in ages :)

Night all :)

Bedside

Not long home. Saw a dog on the side of the road on the way back but couldn't stop on that stretch. Had to turn around in my own driveway and go back but we couldn't find him. Home now and exhausted. Had a lovely evening with the family.

I just took this picture of my dog sitting on a stool at the island and I think she looks so funny. The room behind her was in darkness and I just darkened out the few bits that were lit up like a bright white blanket. I dunno why really but I just got a laugh out of her big goofy head in the darkness, looking at me like.. 'I'm sitting in the human chair, give me the human food!!'

520390.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Or if they own pigs.

Not long home. Saw a dog on the side of the road on the way back but couldn't stop on that stretch. Had to turn around in my own driveway and go back but we couldn't find him. Home now and exhausted. Had a lovely evening with the family.

I just took this picture of my dog and I think she looks so funny. The room behind her was in darkness and I just darkened out the few bits that were lit up like a bright white blanket. I dunno why really but I just got a laugh out of her big goofy head in the darkness, looking at me like.. 'I'm sitting in the human chair, give me the human food!!'

520390.jpeg

Thats a purdy dog you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seph, prepare to have your mind blown... Lea & Perrins IS Worcestershire Sauce!

I’m just home after meeting a friend for dinner, was nice to be out And have food handed to me that I didn’t have to cook or serve.

I find that incredibly difficult. If asked what kind of places I like to go out or something there's always going to be part of me that says 'anywhere is fine as long as it's 400 metres from a school'. It's hard to hold it in and try and be this handsome, mysterious type that people seem to want but I'm never going to be. You can't instantly stuff a decade or more of personal development into a brain that's past its best.

Chin up friend and try not to lose hope.I won't offer anymore advice than that.I was contemplating the online dating thing,but after reading more up on it.Think my life would be less stressful sticking to strippers and club bunnies.

I see someone is posting pictures of there dogs again......second time this week........the poor cats never get a look in :pac:........the poor dears must feel left out :(

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Seph, prepare to have your mind blown... Lea & Perrins IS Worcestershire Sauce!

:eek: what the.......

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Work time again, 9hours and 2 minutes in the hotel, our absolute legal minimum :)

Have 7 flight attendants coming with us as passengers going home for their first days off in 4 months, for some of them the first time outside that hotel in 4 months. I’m just wondering how people who have never left a hotel need so much bloody baggage, they must have 50 KGS each :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement