Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying phone online

• 03-07-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I'm in need of a new phone but don't know the difference between the UK version, Amazon exclusive and Xiaome Global versions. I've narrowed it down to Huawei, Xiaomi or Samsung phone. Any links to a decent buy would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

I bought the Xiaomi Mi 9T about 2 months ago (came from galaxy S6) and I am delighted with it. Great camera and unreal battery.

Bought it from Xiaomi Ireland online. I could probably have got it cheaper elsewhere but I am a bit paranoid about the likes of gearbest etc etc.

Logo wrote:
    I'm in need of a new phone but don't know the difference between the UK version, Amazon exclusive and Xiaome Global versions. I've narrowed it down to Huawei, Xiaomi or Samsung phone. Any links to a decent buy would be appreciated. Thanks

Just watch out for new versions of Huawei, I understand they no longer support Google Play store etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Honourbuy are an EU based site selling Xiaomi Mobile phones. No customs issues and global unlocked phones at a great price.

Honourbuy are an EU based site selling Xiaomi Mobile phones. No customs issues and global unlocked phones at a great price.

They score well on trusted reviews.

I can't remember now if it was how they didn't have the phone I wanted or if it was just a nominal price difference that made me go with Xiaomi Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Damiencm wrote: »
    They score well on trusted reviews.

I can't remember now if it was how they didn't have the phone I wanted or if it was just a nominal price difference that made me go with Xiaomi Ireland

I bought two phones off the site. Xiaomi note 5 plus. Getting old now but still working well and meets mine and my wife's needs. Came 4 days after I ordered. Will be going to them again when I upgrade probably the Mi Mix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement