Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

cadaliac wrote: »
    You will find in a lot vodkas the price is directly proportional to the hangover, no matter what you mix it with.
    Personally, Finlandia is the best value on the market, for me. Lovely vodka, pure and ok for the hangover.

Whiskey is different. Some cheap nasty whiskeys would literally kill you. Again, mixing is a sin with a half decent whiskey (water for me) but then I find when you go over a certain price point, it makes no difference how expensive it is - you will still get a hangover.

Is there no hangover or groggy head eyes from drinking vodka and mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Sausage Tree Pure Irish Vodka 70Cl reduced from €49 to €35 in Tesco.

Not for me, but appears to be the lowest price this has been.

A bottle for €35 that normally retails for €49 is the very definition of a Booze Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I went to lidl yesterday to get the xxl box was none, can anyone who spots one in a cork store let me know please. Thinking of trying Ballincollig later. I never can get hold of that xxl box ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

fin12 wrote:
    I went to lidl yesterday to get the xxl box was none, can anyone who spots one in a cork store let me know please. Thinking of trying Ballincollig later. I never can get hold of that xxl box ☹ï¸

Wilton have them had about 40 boxes yesterday about 5 o clock

rahern wrote: »

Cool, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Anywhere doing 4 X 660 ml moretti for €10???

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Anywhere doing 4 X 660 ml moretti for €10???

Tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258288808

rahern wrote: »

Thanks, picked up one in Wilton like u said, still a nice few left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭cadaliac

fin12 wrote: »
    Thanks, picked up one in Wilton like u said, still a nice few left.

only saw this now, yea, Ballincollig had a full palate out this morning (I helped myself again).

Thanks to everyone who recommended the xxl beer, really nice. Going to try and get another box 2morrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Thanks to everyone who recommended the xxl beer, really nice. Going to try and get another box 2morrow.

I find the hangovers from it are hell but it's lovely stuff on the night in question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Need 2 bottles of champagne and one decent whiskey next week for gifts. Am I right in thinking best offers in O'Brien's? Checked there, Molloy's, Tesco and Super Valu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭raheny red

Get 30 quids worth and use the Lidl app for a fiver off!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Caranica wrote: »
    Need 2 bottles of champagne and one decent whiskey next week for gifts. Am I right in thinking best offers in O'Brien's? Checked there, Molloy's, Tesco and Super Valu

O'Briens have Taittinger on offer for 40e, lovely champagne:
    https://www.obrienswine.ie/products/taittinger-reserve-nv

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Brewdog punk ipa 48 cans £49.95 from brewdog.com, great price. Free uk delivery so use parcel motel etc for ireland
    Use code WELCOME10 for an extra 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Just for the above, PM don't allow alcohol so you're running the chance you have to collect your stuff at their depot. I've had stuff caught before, and stuff that made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

guyfawkes5 wrote: »
    Just for the above, PM don't allow alcohol so you're running the chance you have to collect your stuff at their depot. I've had stuff caught before, and stuff that made it.

The boxes also dont fit in the lockers so you'll have to go collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The difference between the XXL perlenbacher and the usual is mad. Absolutely rotten the usual stuff, this is savage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

rob316 wrote: »
    The difference between the XXL perlenbacher and the usual is mad. Absolutely rotten the usual stuff, this is savage though.

Aye, tis good tack.

Now don't be telling anyone like a good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Brewdog punk ipa 48 cans £49.95 from brewdog.com, great price. Free uk delivery so use parcel motel etc for ireland
    Use code WELCOME10 for an extra 10% off
    I tried entering the code WELCOME10. It says:

"THE COUPON CODE "WELCOME10" IS NOT VALID."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Anyone come across deals on slabs of heineken? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

yobr wrote: »

Think lidl was 8 for €10, not 100% on that. So would be 24 for €30. Guiness, bud and orchard thieves are same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

4 x 33cl of Leffe
    €7.50

Off licence in Ballygall.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yobr wrote: »

not much of deal, but just in case you are there, 8 cans are 12euro in tesco so 36 for 24. In the shop the piles of slabs/trays are listed as 6 for 11euro with yellow stickers saying its an offer, so some might blindly think thats the best going. The 8 for 12 is not shown as being an offer.

If you were to grab a tray from that section you would be paying 44euro for the tray, as the 8 packs have their own barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭oceanman

44 euro is mad money for a tray of heineken...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

jhammer wrote: »
    More of a wtf than a deal but Carlsberg have the red Liverpool Champions cans in Tesco. 4 for €10.
    Yes, thats 24 cans of the same Carlsberg you get in the green can but for €60.

Anyone try this? It's 5% and made in Denmark from what I've read

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Think lidl was 8 for €10, not 100% on that. So would be 24 for €30. Guiness, bud and orchard thieves are same

Thanks picked up 40 cans for €50 so not bad at €1.25 a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

Jack Daniels €28.50

(voucher makes it taste all the better)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Might not be the right area but this seemed like the best place to ask.
    I'm looking for about 10 liters of some type of cola shot such as piranha or something similar.
    Looking online this rarely if ever seems to drop in price, does anyone have any advice on purchasing for a decent price? Is NI a better option these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

BamesJond wrote: »
    Might not be the right area but this seemed like the best place to ask.
    I'm looking for about 10 liters of some type of cola shot such as piranha or something similar.
    Looking online this rarely if ever seems to drop in price, does anyone have any advice on purchasing for a decent price? Is NI a better option these days?

A what now?

To quote Grandpa Simpson: I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement