Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC - Maths, additional 25 points for B3 and higher - apply retroactively?

• 19-06-2020 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this question has been asked.

Best I recall, this wasn't in effect year I graduated.
    I just added up points like normal with no additional 25 tacked on anywhere.

Can this apply retroactively?

I ask from the point of view of potentially reapplying as an undergrad, as a graduate but if they ask what points I got in my LC, it'd look better with another 25 tacked onto the principle.

Is this the case?

When was the additional 25 points introduced anyhow??
    It seemed around 2010?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Purefrank128

I'm sure this question has been asked.

Best I recall, this wasn't in effect year I graduated.
    I just added up points like normal with no additional 25 tacked on anywhere.

Can this apply retroactively?

I ask from the point of view of potentially reapplying as an undergrad, as a graduate but if they ask what points I got in my LC, it'd look better with another 25 tacked onto the principle.

Is this the case?

In short, yes, if you sat the LC after 1992.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

In short, yes, if you sat the LC after 1992.

tenor.gif?itemid=5303926

Officially takes me into the 500+ club.

WOOOO!!

(given where I started off, a yokel country boy like me, that's a helluva thing)

Still short of the points for the course I want (545) but hey, looks better on my resume, plus I'm applying now as a graduate so not sure it'd make much difference anyways.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

The above poster has misread the document. It's nothing to do with 1992-2016, that was just when HD3 was a thing. Technically, anyone using LC results with HL maths would get the points, and the bonus was introduced in 2012.

However, as explained in the document, that B3 needs to have been part of your top 6 already - you don't get an automatic +25, it's that your maths grade becomes worth 25 more. In my case, for example, I got a HC3 which in reality only gave me 10 extra points by the time it 'broke into' my top 6, so you need to count it that way.

Advertisement