Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Have a few questions regarding the deal.
    1) Do you have to pay for calls to other networks and landlines out of your €20 top-up or do you buy a bundle for the 28 days.

2) Do you have to use the €10 bonus credit within the 28 days or risk losing it?
    (In other words you're not allowed to carry it forward to next month)

1) Yes, but I use my credit to buy Viber credit, and use Viber to call landlines at 2c/mins and mobiles at 9c/mins

2) it carries forward/builds up

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vision123456

Basil3 wrote:
    1) Yes, but I use my credit to buy Viber credit, and use Viber to call landlines at 2c/mins and mobiles at 9c/mins

Basil3 wrote:
    2) it carries forward/builds up

With Viber credit does the other person your calling also have to have the Viber app is it the data your using to call them.

With Viber credit does the other person your calling also have to have the Viber app is it the data your using to call them.

No, they see your normal number, and they answer it like a normal phone call. If they have Viber, I think it will call them on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

Basil3 wrote: »
    No, they see your normal number, and they answer it like a normal phone call. If they have Viber, I think it will call them on that.

When you ring someone you have the option of ringing them over Viber, which will ring their app or viber out which will ring their phone

webpal wrote: »
    When you ring someone you have the option of ringing them over Viber, which will ring their app or viber out which will ring their phone

Yeah, I usually go to a Viber conversation and then use the phone icon to call someone, which automatically gives a viber call.

If you go to contacts, you have the option of which type of call you want to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is anybody getting an Error when trying to purchase an app using phone credit. Tried two different apps and getting error and then tried using paypal which went through with no issue.

Is anybody getting an Error when trying to purchase an app using phone credit. Tried two different apps and getting error and then tried using paypal which went through with no issue.

This could be your issue?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107301696&postcount=138

I've never had to verify my age, and can make purchases. I'm blocked from any dodgy sites using mobile data on 3, so they definitely don't know that I'm over 18.

Basil3 wrote: »
    This could be your issue?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107301696&postcount=138

I've never had to verify my age, and can make purchases. I'm blocked from any dodgy sites using mobile data on 3, so they definitely don't know that I'm over 18.

Don't think it's this as I've been able to pay via credit before and I've contacted Three support and they have said there is no issue on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

My YouTube account is disabled but I just contacted them stating I want to buy Google premium. Bet ya they'll unblock it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭LucyIrish06

Im having the exact same problem since reading this thread. Went on to buy "farming simulator" which is 5.99 and keep getting an "error" message, tried to buy another app for 99c just to see and its still the same, never had this problem purchasing apps before.
    Checked for a software update to see if thats the problem, waiting on it to update which is taking ages, stuck on optimizing app 111 of 111 the last 5 mins :Z

• Advertisement

Im having the exact same problem since reading this thread. Went on to buy "farming simulator" which is 5.99 and keep getting an "error" message, tried to buy another app for 99c just to see and its still the same, never had this problem purchasing apps before.
    Checked for a software update to see if thats the problem, waiting on it to update which is taking ages, stuck on optimizing app 111 of 111 the last 5 mins :Z
    I'm just off from google play support and they are saying there is no error on their end and that there is a payment blocker on the carrier's end. I had contacted Three before hand and they are saying no issue on their end. Got somebody at work to try on their phone and getting same issue

I'm just off from google play support and they are saying there is no error on their end and that there is a payment blocker on the carrier's end. I had contacted Three before hand and they are saying no issue on their end. Got somebody at work to try on their phone and getting same issue

Thats very strange, must be a bug somewhere. Worked perfectly before when purchasing apps.
    I still cant attempt anything yet. My phone is still stuck on "upgrading android... Optimizing app 111 of 111" going on 15 minutes now :Z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm having the same problem trying to buy credit on Viber. Error message and I've bought app and music before without a problem.

Ive just tried buying the app via bank card and it worked no problem (kinda raging because i have 30e+ credit)

Ive just tried buying the app via bank card and it worked no problem (kinda raging because i have 30e+ credit)
    Yeah the error seems to be on Three's end and not Google

Hopefully they haven't discontinued it! :(

Ya, that would suck....I have well over €100 credit atm.

Checked on Viber, and couldn't top up using credit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

There seems to be a problem with paying for anything with three credit at the moment, just tried paying for parking and got an error

Three obviously have no clue what is going on. I went on their live chat and they said it is because I have reached my spending limit. I've only spent €10 in the last month.

Ive just been on to three chat out of curiosity and to say they were useless would be an understatement. Im convinced the person i was "talking" to was a robot. I done a lot of repeating myself constantly so i simplified the convo which Ill post the below:

"Lucy, the app which you're trying to purchase is provided by the Google service.
    And if you're getting error while downloading or purchasing the app please contact google and report this to them. "

I then told the person I tried paying with my card and it worked fine and their reply was:
    "Lucy, there will be issue with your card. So please contact your card services as there is no issue from our side." (defo a robot or they cant read a message)

(Back and forward conversation explaining its not my card bla bla..) Their reply was:
    "Can you try getting any other app from the phone credit and check if that works?" (even tho i stated in my very first message with them i tried buying another app for 99c and also didnt work).

"Can you please restart your phone and then try if that works?" (Ah the aul have you tried turning it off and on again :Z)

"In order to check the reason our technical team has to investigate on it thus, I'm escalating the details the relevant team. Once I'll escalate the details our team will look in to this and in 3 to 5 working days you'll be contacted about the same in order to fix this."

I have literally just wasted an hour of my life i will never get back because of this :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ive just been on to three chat out of curiosity and to say they were useless would be an understatement. Im convinced the person i was "talking" to was a robot. I done a lot of repeating myself constantly so i simplified the convo which Ill post the below:

"Lucy, the app which you're trying to purchase is provided by the Google service.
    And if you're getting error while downloading or purchasing the app please contact google and report this to them. "

I then told the person I tried paying with my card and it worked fine and their reply was:
    "Lucy, there will be issue with your card. So please contact your card services as there is no issue from our side." (defo a robot or they cant read a message)

(Back and forward conversation explaining its not my card bla bla..) Their reply was:
    "Can you try getting any other app from the phone credit and check if that works?" (even tho i stated in my very first message with them i tried buying another app for 99c and also didnt work).

"Can you please restart your phone and then try if that works?" (Ah the aul have you tried turning it off and on again :Z)

"In order to check the reason our technical team has to investigate on it thus, I'm escalating the details the relevant team. Once I'll escalate the details our team will look in to this and in 3 to 5 working days you'll be contacted about the same in order to fix this."

I have literally just wasted an hour of my life i will never get back because of this :L

This worked for me

Thanks for trying that Discodog. Can you go to your device settings menu, go to Applications/Applications Manager, Tap on All Applications, search and open Google Play Store App, tap on Clear data and Clear Cache.

Discodog wrote: »
    This worked for me

Thanks for trying that Discodog. Can you go to your device settings menu, go to Applications/Applications Manager, Tap on All Applications, search and open Google Play Store App, tap on Clear data and Clear Cache.

Done this and unfortunately nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Bugger.

All of a sudden I can't play for stuff on Google with credit either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Error here on Three too

Error here on Three too

Think we'll have to get a Three thread going...

EoinMcLovin has started a thread already...

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057884384

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Opened a ticket with Viber and they're saying it's an issue at Three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Not fixed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Once that gets fixed, youtube premium is now available in Ireland. Includes a Google Play Music Subscription for 11.99/month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Once that gets fixed, youtube premium is now available in Ireland. Includes a Google Play Music Subscription for 11.99/month

I'm already paying 9.99 per month for Deezer so for 2 euro extra this seems like a good deal. I was also considering amazon prime but don't think you can pay for that with credit?

Advertisement