Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wileyfox Swift 4G Dual-SIM Cyanogen OS Smartphone 99£ from Amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I just asked the wife, she has one

"its grand, its sometimes not fast. The power button is above the volume button which is annoying. The screen is not as receptive" (pretty sure she means responsive)

She is comparing to a Nexus 5 which was her old phone.

Used 70% for Daily Mail, 20% Facebook and 10% calls.

The photos she has sent me are fine - not brilliant and defo not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Feidhlim wrote: »
    The power button is above the volume button

Eh, no it's not. I'm not to sure of this is a typo but the only reason I bring it up is because I wonder if it's a different phone. The buttons are pretty close together which I saw people commenting on but personally it's a non issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

All really good info but could anyone tell me how the galaxy s4 would compare with the Swift? (and Storm if anyone has one)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

murphm45 wrote: »
    Eh, no it's not. I'm not to sure of this is a typo but the only reason I bring it up is because I wonder if it's a different phone. The buttons are pretty close together which I saw people commenting on but personally it's a non issue.

Not a typo, that's what she told me. But you're correct, it's above and it is the same phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Not a typo, that's what she told me. But you're correct, it's above and it is the same phone.

I think you've found why she thinks it's annoying there so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Just bought one with a screen protector and case for £115.

Great value for a nice 5 inch screen phone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

beauf wrote: »
    Any examples?

I guess as it's through Amazon they are pretty good with returns etc.

55 one & two star reviews is quite a lot. A lot say that they were very happy with the phone but problems developed & Wileyfox customer care was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Will be returning mine.
    Keeps rebooting mid-call, losing phone signal and the screen can be a bit jittery.
    Pity, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭corks finest

Will be returning mine.
    Keeps rebooting mid-call, losing phone signal and the screen can be a bit jittery.

K3 note

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Will be returning mine.

http://www.oppomart.com/phones/xiaomi-mi4.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Got this yesterday. Google services like chrome and YouTube etc cannot get a connect over my data. Works fine over WiFi. Other apps are fine over data. Play store works over data.
    Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Frank11 wrote: »
    Got this yesterday. Google services like chrome and YouTube etc cannot get a connect over my data. Works fine over WiFi. Other apps are fine over data. Play store works over data.
    Anybody any ideas?

There's a setting somewhere preventing them using up your data, but sorry, can't remember where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Bought one, had to return it as the microphone wasn't working correctly, could barely be heard on a phone call, and was also low when picking up audio on the video camera. A pity, as otherwise the phone seemed very good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

That is a serious amount of phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just as a balance, got one for the OH and has it since Tuesday. First impressions good, none of the issues above noted and looks slick. She seems happy enough anyway and she has good taste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody having issues with the wileyfox swift and latest update? Mine has a strange problem....

The data on my three simcard won't work.....My girlfriend and I both updated the software last friday morning. I can't get data to work on my three sim card. I tried resetting the APN settings, entering them manually all that sort of stuff. I then switched sims with my gf and her three sim worked fine in my phone and my three sim worked fine in her phone!

Other relevant info is that I ported a number to the sim months ago but the sim doesn't have any phone number associated with it in the android system. I am living in the UK, I do have data when roaming turned on though!
    So strange that my sim works in her phone and her sim works in mine, but mine won't work in my own - mind boggling.
    I've a new three sim on the way so other than switching my number to that I don't know what else to do!
    The sim was working fine untill the phone was updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got mine but was turning itself off every few minutes.

Replacement on the way from Amazon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭peneau

Anybody having issues with the wileyfox swift and latest update? Mine has a strange problem....

The data on my three simcard won't work.....My girlfriend and I both updated the software last friday morning. I can't get data to work on my three sim card. I tried resetting the APN settings, entering them manually all that sort of stuff. I then switched sims with my gf and her three sim worked fine in my phone and my three sim worked fine in her phone!

Other relevant info is that I ported a number to the sim months ago but the sim doesn't have any phone number associated with it in the android system. I am living in the UK, I do have data when roaming turned on though!
    So strange that my sim works in her phone and her sim works in mine, but mine won't work in my own - mind boggling.
    I've a new three sim on the way so other than switching my number to that I don't know what else to do!
    The sim was working fine untill the phone was updated.

Believe it or not I've had this problem on my phone (Xperia Z2) with three since June 2015 and can't get it resolved have tried everything including change of sim and phone (was previously Xperia ArcS) and contacting three in every way possible. Best of luck getting your problem resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Anybody having problems with the WiFi dropping while the phone is asleep and not reconnecting there after. Have to disable/enable Wifi to get it back working.

The OS was updated to the recent COS 13

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Have to say I find this phone amazing for the money. I have it past month, no complaints at all and I absolutely love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

murphm45 wrote: »
    Ah that's were you're wrong http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_c1-6885.php

Technically foxconn are making it, Nokia (or what's left of the company that Microsoft didn't buy) are designing it and licencing other companies to make it. I wonder will it even be realised here though, the n1 tablet was only released in China.

Yeah was reading about that here
    I've played with one or two lumias in the past, was impressed with their responsivess/camera/solid build etc, just didn't like the tile version of Windows Phone.

Having been one of early backers of Android back in 2006 (before pulling out to go with Microsoft) its good to have them back in the fold. I think Nokia's expertise in hardware along with the improvements in Android N, should make them a good mix. But that spec you posted, an Adreno 510 GPU along with a Snapdragon 652, that would be such a letdown!
    Think I will go with the update to Blackberry's android phone, the Priv.

As for Wileyfox, clove do a good spec sheet [url] https://www.clove.co.uk/wileyfox-swift[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

About the deeper usb slot, would this possibly work:

395997.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

eman66 wrote: »
    About the deeper usb slot, would this possibly work:

395997.jpg

Get one of these, pick the 7mm option, saves the charging socket from wear as you leave connector in it permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

As my HTC is acting up and I'm mid contract I was thinking of purchasing this phone, forgive my ignorance but I'm guessing I can just pop my sim from the HTC into this phone and it will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Yeah. Phone isn't locked and will accept any Irish network SIM cards

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

basskebab wrote: »
    Yeah. Phone isn't locked and will accept any Irish network SIM cards

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Bought one of these in November and had an awful time getting the screen replaced with them under my repair voucher. Took 3 months and now the phone keeps randomly turning off as if its dead. Anyone any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    now the phone keeps randomly turning off as if its dead. Anyone any experience of this?

Typically a crap cell thats dropping voltage below critical. It may be easier on your sanity to just purchase a new battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ED E wrote: »
    Typically a crap cell thats dropping voltage below critical. It may be easier on your sanity to just purchase a new battery.

Any particular kind, or just another Wileyfox one? I certainly won't be sending it off again, that's for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I had same phone past year and no issues and battery still amazing. Couldn't fault mine at all

Advertisement