Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest quad core Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) tablet @ €130 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Quango Unchained

If my calculations are right the pixel density of the screen is 264PPI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Yeah, the resolution and screen size are exactly the same as the iPad (4th Generation).

9.7 inches (250 mm) - 2,048 × 1,536 (4:3) - 264 ppi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Can anyone who has purchased one of these confirm it supports 5GHz wifi?

What's it like to streaming HD video?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Tried to get a better price through Flubit (since I'd have to use Parcel Motel either way) but my demand was rejected. The reason given I'll quote here:
    Demand Rejected - Unreliable supplier (fake goods or bad reviews)

We're really sorry but the offer on the link you provided us with is from, what we believe to be, an unreliable supplier, either selling counterfeit products or failing to deliver on sales. Unfortunately, we won't be able to create you a better price than the link you provided us with because we create our offers to be lower than the link you give us. If the link is too low due to the reasons stated above, our suppliers are unwilling to create better offers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Fnz wrote: »
    Tried to get a better price through Flubit (since I'd have to use Parcel Motel either way) but my demand was rejected. The reason given I'll quote here:

I got an offer from flubit of 6% off the £99 price but I didn't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Apogee wrote: »
    Can anyone who has purchased one of these confirm it supports 5GHz wifi?

What's it like to streaming HD video?

If, and I stress if, this is a rebranded pipo m6 pro, then no it doesn't support 5ghz wifi. Streaming is actually pretty good. Especially if it supports pipo m6 roms. The wifi radio is set to 80% power by default, there are roms that use the full power setting. Streaming is actually pretty good. High bitrate 1080p content e.g. 10gb+ movies will stutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Simi wrote: »
    If, and I stress if, this is a rebranded pipo m6 pro, then no it doesn't support 5ghz wifi. Streaming is actually pretty good. Especially if it supports pipo m6 roms. The wifi radio is set to 80% power by default, there are roms that use the full power setting. Streaming is actually pretty good. High bitrate 1080p content e.g. 10gb+ movies will stutter.

If this is the same product, mixed reports on the wifi performance, in this thread (page 3 onward):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2364463&page=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

joeperry wrote: »
    I got an offer from flubit of 6% off the £99 price but I didn't buy.
    Fnz wrote: »

The listing seems to be being fulfilled by a different seller now - "Electroniceze" and not "BE Tablets" as it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Still "BE Tablets" for me.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on this BA, hope I get a good result like other people!
    Will report back to curse/thank the OP !

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw it went back to B.E. today.

I ordered one Friday, got dispatch email yesterday and Royal Mail picked it up today. Hopefully it'll be at PM depot by Friday and I'll get it Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

I ordered on the 21st and got a message last night that it had been delivered
    Amazing service

Just checked my tracking and it's already "arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.". So hopefully it'll be in my PM locker in the morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Ordered mine on 15th. Still no delivery :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

ordered mine on the 19th,still waiting and cannot track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Ordered mine on 15th. Still no delivery :(:(
    horse7 wrote: »
    ordered mine on the 19th,still waiting and cannot track.

NOW ye tell me !

In fairness it says "In stock on April 26, 2014.", so I don't expect a dispatch until at least next Monday and I paid extra for expedited delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

J o e wrote: »
    Just checked my tracking and it's already "arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.". So hopefully it'll be in my PM locker in the morning. :)

I ordered on the 18th and it says dispatched. No tracking available though :(

Nothing in PM either yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Happy update :)

Contacted BE Tablets via amazon querying the location of the tablet and they replied almost immediately with tracking number.
    Item XXXXXXXXXXXX arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.

So fear not fellow tablet purchasers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

my seller is Electroniceze and via amazon No tracking number was provided by the seller.

My order was through "BE Tablets" and there was a tracking number provided in order details on the Amazon website after the dispatch notification email was sent. It's been marked as delivered in Northern Ireland now.
    We have a record of item <snip> as being delivered from Belfast South & Central DO on 2014-04-24.

• Advertisement

It's been checked into PM - which one of these packages is anyone's guess. :P

6dPYSR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Does this o/s include the Play store app or is it a more bespoke version of Android?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

Does this o/s include the Play store app or is it a more bespoke version of Android?

Thanks.

Received mine last night, google play store

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

Any custom 4.4 Roms available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Anyone been able to verify whether it's just a rebranded Pipo M6 yet? I'm looking for a cheapish ten incher with an amazing screen to have beside me while doing work on the laptop and for reading comics so it could be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Mrs Viking just got hers, very impressive so far. Screen is very good.

Only negative so far is that Dropbox seems to crash when started.

Picked mine up this morning - disappointed.

It can't play HD videos (even 720p) without stopping and starting, even the one demo video that came on it.
    Frequent connection errors coming up requiring web pages or apps to be loaded twice.
    Small air bubble under glass on the display frame and a spec of dirt under at other side of screen.
    Front facing camera isn't centrally aligned in the space... also there is a break in the front surface for this.
    Found the display quite dull unless looking directly perpendicular.
    Most icons are too low resolution for the display although you could swap these out.

Maybe I'm just fussy! Anyway I'm trying to claim a refund. Although the option wasn't available in the refund center as the item contains hazardous gas or liquid...... I've contacted B.E. so will see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

I played the sample video just now, it stopped for a tiny moment when I brought up the menu but played fine otherwise.

Played "Birds" and "Planet" from this list without any issues: http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

Edit:
    I'd imagine the small bubble/dirt is under the screen protector rather than the glass itself.
    Is the front facing camera actually blocked by the misalignment? It might just look misaligned but in fact the lens is in the centre? Try taking a photo.
    Check your display brightness, viewing angle is quite good I think

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

J o e wrote: »
    Picked mine up this morning - disappointed.

It can't play HD videos (even 720p) without stopping and starting, even the one demo video that came on it.
    Frequent connection errors coming up requiring web pages or apps to be loaded twice.
    Small air bubble under glass on the display frame and a spec of dirt under at other side of screen.
    Front facing camera isn't centrally aligned in the space... also there is a break in the front surface for this.
    Found the display quite dull unless looking directly perpendicular.
    Most icons are too low resolution for the display although you could swap these out.

Maybe I'm just fussy! Anyway I'm trying to claim a refund. Although the option wasn't available in the refund center as the item contains hazardous gas or liquid...... I've contacted B.E. so will see what they say.

Oh dagnabbit. That doesn't sound good.

• Advertisement

viking wrote: »
    I played the sample video just now, it stopped for a tiny moment when I brought up the menu but played fine otherwise.

Played "Birds" and "Planet" from this list without any issues: http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

I'll load it up again and try those. Did you let them play through? I had the issues after maybe 20secs onwards.

Also, I'm an idiot... there was a THIRD screen protector on the display... no bubble now or edge around camera. :-)

Advertisement