Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

URGENT: need to buy diamond earrings today/tomorrow in Dublin

• 04-03-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭

Hi - I need to buy diamond stud earrings in Dublin today or tomorrow.

Where should I go to find out what is out there/available, so I make an informed choice.

I'm near Dundrum but can go into city centre no problem, or elsewhere.

Usually I would have time to do something like this, so I would visit lots of shops and get an idea of what's out there, and what type of price range I should be looking at. Price range is fairly flexible, within reason...I dont want to buy tat, and I want something that looks the part.

Can anyone offer advice on where I should start??!!

One other question: someone mentioned a brand in brown thomas that does glass instead of diamonds, but quality jewellery otherwise. Can anyone tell me the name? I think it is a UK company.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Try weirs they do the ones you are talking about, like diamonds but a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks for that.

I think "Brilliant" is the brand in Brown Thomas.

Reluctant to buy from Weirs, not sure why, I think I had a bad experience there once....the look down your nose at you type.

Anyhow, anyone know of smaller jewellers around town that might do decent cash price for the real thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Try ESL on Chatham St. (just off Grafton). Have dealt with them for a few years and would recommend to anyone.

Otherwise, maybe try Rocks on Grafton St. Might have lower priced stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Reluctant to buy from Weirs, not sure why, I think I had a bad experience there once....the look down your nose at you type.

Agree, have bought some diamonds in there before, and would have suggested them, but..

went in about about a year ago with 3-4k burning a hole in my pocket, looking for a decent watch, and after standing there like a plumb for 10-15 minutes trying to get talking to a sales person, decided to walk out and spend my money in another jewellers/watch shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Agree, have bought some diamonds in there before, and would have suggested them, but..

went in about about a year ago with 3-4k burning a hole in my pocket, looking for a decent watch, and after standing there like a plumb for 10-15 minutes trying to get talking to a sales person, decided to walk out and spend my money in another jewellers/watch shop.

Yeah I hate that, you're already a little anxious due to the value of the transaction, and the perceived snootiness, but you're not sure if that's just a chip on the shoulder or insecurity, then you just bail!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement