Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ripped Jeans

• 23-02-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I've never been a huge fan of the really distressed looking ripped jeans but I do quite like jeans with a subtle rip on the knee that can be seen mainly when walking or sitting down.

What I find really odd looking are jeans where there is just a massive section at the front missing (like the ones in attached pic) surely it must be a bit breezy??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Really don't like the ones with the little slits that you only see when sitting, its like your knees are playing peek a boo

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I go for ripped jeans in between both previous examples.. ones with more than just a slit but not with a huge section missing.
    For ripped jeans I like to have some statement rips but I like there to be those white threads still going across as not to bare too much skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

I don't mind either, I thought that was a funny comment about knees playing peek a boo! :) with the more serious ripped jeans I wear patterned tights or leggings underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

It’s an established fact the world has gone mad. But completely, utterly bonkers? That’s how it seems to me. I consider it an insult to the memory of our grannies and granddads who scrimped and saved, stitched, sewed, darned and repaired to ensure we were well clothed and could take our place in society with a sense of pride. This trend, which I presume began in the US, has gathered momentum on this side of the world. I’ll provide a lifetime subscription to the Skibbereen Eagle to anyone who can tell me what the message of this mode of (un)dress is. Is it “Look at me, I’m so nonconformist” or “I’m so cool and risqué”? I give up.

I think you may be taking it just a bit too seriously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

gg2 wrote: »
    I think you may be taking it just a bit too seriously...

What's your particular message? Seriously. Or not.

ttenneb wrote: »
    What's your particular message? Seriously. Or not.

Message regarding what exactly?

Advertisement