Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Fish & Chip Day Wednesday May 28th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sharktopus

On way to macari in raheny wahooo:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sharktopus wrote: »
    On way to macari in raheny wahooo:-)

All sold out

Joking :pac::pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Fish bar in cabra for 4euro and won a bottle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

No Pants wrote: »
    Jaysis, no. Have a fryer all right, but it hasn't left the cupboard in probably four years. I should get rid of it.

Not a health thing. Well, maybe a bit of a health thing. It's more like a new year resolution, just to see how far through the year I can get.
    You've performed splendidly and displayed great determination, now go collect your prize. Smoked cod and chips from the local;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Marsellas in Finglas East. Stuffed.com

2 chips, fresh cod and smoked cod and bottle of coke €10. Then won a can of coke :D my belly says thank god they are not this price all the time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Macari 66 in Churchtown is rammed. Mrs Garbanzo is down there queueing for 40 mins. She won't be a happy pixie when she gets in. Ringgggg....there's the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Lots of the non ITICA get in on the act. Plenty of them doing fish and chips for €5 in the city and in the suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

I haven't seen queues like this since 30 meters of rope was reduced to €5.99....
    Crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Not a person in the chipper in Delvin! !
    Lovely fresh cod and chip for 5€:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Got Borza Donnybrook, so good. Might make it a monthly thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

dodzy wrote: »
    You've performed splendidly and displayed great determination, now go collect your prize. Smoked cod and chips from the local;)
    Ah, the folks called in, so we all ended up eating in Kettle's. I had a chicken curry. There's always next year, if this clean living doesn't kill me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Enjoyed lunch today. The added mushy peas, tartare sauce and lemon wedges added to it. Not bad for €4.50 or so.
    b443bb71abdd9f36268c8f67e3a83779.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Went to the Roma takeaway on Park Street in Dundalk. Was fairly busy, but still only took about 12 minutes until I was walking out with 2 fish and chips. I must say, half price or not, I would never go back. INstead of a nice fresh piece of fillet, I received a rectangular formed piece of fish which was cheap garbage. If this is how they hope to obtain more customers, it failed badly as I will never go into that chip shop again purely on principle alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you should contact ITICA to tell them one of their members was using frozen fish for the offer

http://www.itica.ie/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

you should contact ITICA to tell them one of their members was using frozen fish for the offer

I feel like a snake, but I did just use that link and report my experience there. Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

INstead of a nice fresh piece of fillet, I received a rectangular formed piece of fish which was cheap garbage.
    What did they call it? that is usually called a "cod portion" or "fish portion" and the other more expensive one is usually called a "fresh cod" (rarely never frozen).

If a sign simply said "fish and chips", I would not expect one over the other. In previous years I saw both options in the deal, but it was pretty clear.

most chippers use frozen fish, both the cod portions and the "fresh cod", certainly no secret and certainly no news to the ITICA.

The definition of "fresh" came up in the food forum recently, seems fresh is pretty meaningless when speaking of fish, lots is frozen as standard.

google only shows the word fresh used once, and nothing about non-frozen
    We use the finest fresh fish and hand cut chips to give you that wonderful Fish and Chips experience. Your only decision is Salt or Vinegar, or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

I hope you all enjoyed your fish and chips yesterday. I know I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

canadian friend of mine who lived here for years is visiting and had his first 1 'n 1 at half ten yesterday morning, he remarked on facebook that midnight is hours away yet so he might have more

Advertisement