Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Kinley Delicious Kneecap

what do you use to check fps? afterburner does not work. It does not work for my buddy too.

Check my post above, afterburner does not work on x64 games

Console fps command is

Perfoverlay.drawfps 1

You have to do this for every round and the fps are in the top right hand corner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Perfoverlay.drawfps 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

if you havnt already grab the latest beta drivers...they didnt get rid of that random frame drop now and then but the performance overall has been improved

edit:

there are beta drivers out that specifically name battlefield 4 for both cards so make sure its them.

I wonder if they'll sneak commander mode in towards the end like they did caspian with bf3 beta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You seem to die alot easier in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Just started the download on 360, 1.56GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

quick warning to those intending to use conquest domination to quiickly rank up weapons or kits...doesnt look like any of the conq dom maps are ranked so no points...sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:/ Stuck on trying to update after finishing the install. "checking for update...circle circle circle..."

Can't play cos update is required. Meh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm going to become a chopper whore in this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    quick warning to those intending to use conquest domination to quiickly rank up weapons or kits...doesnt look like any of the conq dom maps are ranked so no points...sorry

I was hoping they'd leave CQD out of the game :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone got this on Xbox yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

65% downloaded
    will give it a quick go shortly and play it properly when the kids are in bed later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Played a few games of Domination there. Very CoD like. Not impressed to say the least. The health seems to have been cut (or the damage increased) Cant complain about the textures etc on a beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Cannot find this on my xbox :(
    On the forums is said change locale to UK but still no joy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

stuck on loading screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'm going to become a chopper whore in this :)
    Find the chopper front gun to be MASSIVELY overpowered. Can see it getting nerfed on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gentleman Octopus

Any body playing this with a 570gtx?

Yes, I do. It runs fine with the settings on ultra, however I have a small monitor so the resolution isn't all that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Runs fine for me but looks terrible, bits of it are nice. Not much change from the alphas tbh.

Some craic just now stopping tanks going over the bridge where you can flick a switch for the steel poles to pop up, i kept them closed.
    Out pops the guys from 3 tanks to try to open and i pick them all off from under the bridge,after much shenanigans and lols i managed to take out all three tanks and their crew just by pissing them off with this switch and making them pop out of their machines, hilarious stuff!

As for the game the gun mechanics are excellent,the game needs the be optimized for sure but the BF3 beta and release and subsequent patches are chalk and cheese.
    Im confident much will be done here.
    Im running everything on high/ultra with AA and HBAO off [hate them in games anyways,makes things too blurry] @ 1920X1200 pretty much solid 55-60 fps even in large battles.
    Drop down to medium and its smooth as butter constant 60fps.
    As with BF3 not much difference in appearance between ultra and medium.

THANK GOD THE WEAPON SOUNDS ARE MUCH IMPROVED over BF3 !!!
    Very satisfying rattle from any ive tried so far.

I accidentally downloaded into my normal HDD and found it a tad stuttery, downloaded it again to my much faster Crucial M4 SSD and the stuttering is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its weird. I got fps counter to work and it shows 30-70fps on high/ish settings, though sometimes it dips down to 5 fps. Sometimes it dips to 5 dps and goes back up to normal, that counter does not even show it. Things is I am getting arse performance even on Low settings. BF4 does not like gtx 680... :mad:

• Advertisement

Capture.jpg

Now what the f!ck is this about? I have the 13.1 beta driver, there is no 13.4 driver as far as I can see :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Elevators = game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Dermighty wrote: »
    Capture.jpg

Now what the f!ck is this about? I have the 13.1 beta driver, there is no 13.4 driver as far as I can see :P

I'm using catalyst ver. 13.4 and I haven't updated anything in ages . what card have you ?

jonski wrote: »
    I'm using catalyst ver. 13.4 and I haven't updated anything in ages . what card have you ?

HD 6700 I think, it's a 27" iMac

Updated to the current AMD stable drivers and I get the same error.

And the keyboard and mouse dont work when thegame launches. It worked a couple of times but now it doesn't, cant even use the origin ingame overlay, mouse wont work, but the keyboard can be used to bring the menu up (origin ingame overlay)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Its weird. I got fps counter to work and it shows 30-70fps on high/ish settings, though sometimes it dips down to 5 fps. Sometimes it dips to 5 dps and goes back up to normal, that counter does not even show it. Things is I am getting arse performance even on Low settings. BF4 does not like gtx 680... :mad:
    Are you using the new beta driver's, http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-331.40-beta-driver.html
    On reddit they're saying it fixed the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

If my new graphics card doesn't come today, i will be tonight......

Edit: Ooops, i've the GTX 560

After about an hour's play - seems good.
    Most settings auto-default to "High"

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

OriginV wrote: »
    Cannot find this on my xbox :(
    On the forums is said change locale to UK but still no joy!
    It was right on the front of the dashboard games page for me.

So far I'm enjoying it although the graphics are terrible on 360, clearly worse than BF3 because for some reason they have released it with a very low resolution texture pack but it does run great and doesn't bother me as I'll be getting it for the X1.

There seems the major bonus for players who can burst fire now and the spray and pray M16 noobs are getting owned :pac:

The new sidearm is cool.

Tanks are strange, shell drop off seems to have increased alot and on 360 the sights seem to me to be inaccurate.

Scout heli guns seem to have crazy damage against armoured cars (which are very cool too!)

Moving spot to RB is a great change as its far easier to paint targets on the run but vehicle controls are default set to use both sticks for movement which I have to see if I can change back to triggers for go/stop.

Environment damage seems no better than BF3 apart from the skyscraper collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Rather than typing "Perfoverlay.drawfps 1" everytime you load the game you can set it up so it automatically runs the command.

Create a text document named user.cfg and then type in

Perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Save the file and it should create the fps counter in the top right of the screen when you launch into the game.

I just use fraps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Really annoyed today, Come home to play GTA V online it does not work..

Go to download BF4 beta not showing up on dashboard.
    20131001_230703_zps084fcfb6.jpg

Advertisement