Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orsi Hedgecutter

Options
  • 15-07-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this brand of hedgecutter? I am in the market for a good second hand one and there is one of these for sale locally enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Grueller wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this brand of hedgecutter? I am in the market for a good second hand one and there is one of these for sale locally enough.

Had one years ago. A bundle of poo and a major headache to put on and off the tractor l. Don’t know what the new ones are like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Had one years ago. A bundle of poo and a major headache to put on and off the tractor l. Don’t know what the new ones are like

Thanks David. Staying away so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

davidk1394 wrote: »

I don't know anything about this brand. But I would have thought that in general you just get a bracket made up to fit your three-point linkage? What was the headache if you don't mind me asking? Was it a problem with the design of the machine or the tractor? Or in connecting up the pipes and maybe electrics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I don't know anything about this brand. But I would have thought that in general you just get a bracket made up to fit your three-point linkage? What was the headache if you don't mind me asking? Was it a problem with the design of the machine or the tractor? Or in connecting up the pipes and maybe electrics?

It was just a difficult machine to attach to the tractor. Had to use the 3cx to help put it on. It was cable control so no electrics. Only had it for 2 seasons and traded it for a new McConnell PA93.
    I remember when I was younger being sent in between the tractor and hedge cutter to put on the PTO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Was the machine durable, well built, reliable etc. I looked at the machine after and it's in really good condition and is exactly the size to suit my tractor. It is easy hooked up too as it's a 3 pt linkage model. I am seriously tempted by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Grueller wrote: »
    Was the machine durable, well built, reliable etc. I looked at the machine after and it's in really good condition and is exactly the size to suit my tractor. It is easy hooked up too as it's a 3 pt linkage model. I am seriously tempted by it.

Have an Orsi flail at work. Flicks up to do hedges. Doesn’t do a whole pile every year. But what does seems grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

I once had a CR420, 3 point mounted. Thought it was a nice machine, tidy and sturdy.

Advertisement