Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is car insurance coming down?

Options
  • 14-07-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

I’m due to get a renewal quote, is there any evidence insurance is going up or down, assuming no claims no change in circumstances?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

If you stay with the same company it seems to go up. Since 2012 or so I don't remember any of my renewals being cheaper, but going elsewhere generally means my insurance got cheaper.

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mine have been roughly the same the last 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mine has dropped by nearly €100, including online discounts etc. Shop around OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

pinktoe wrote: »
    If you stay with the same company it seems to go up. Since 2012 or so I don't remember any of my renewals being cheaper, but going elsewhere generally means my insurance got cheaper.

Mine went down staying with Aviva.

Although I seem to be in the 'perfect storm' as I passed my driving test in 2014 so it's now it's 5+ years having full licence, over 7 years no claims etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Kind of mixed, generally you need to shop around each year, sometimes your current insurer will not be competitive but come back to them a year later and they will be, it's a mess.

I’m expecting renewal quote any day. With Aviva found them competitive every year. 17 years no claims some I’m hoping for a drop.

Advertisement