Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-07-2019, 13:00   #61
Chesty08

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-b0n3 View Post
Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.
Never noticed that last year but yes makes sense. Thanks
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-07-2019, 20:01   #62
Damien360

2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?
09-07-2019, 20:09   #63
Damien360

Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
Mane to Salah
Fraser to Zaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien360 View Post
2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Any thoughts ?
09-07-2019, 20:48   #64
macraignil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Sting View Post
....and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.
Quote:
Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
Mane to Salah
Fraser to Zaha

Like draft 3 the best as Salah could still be on penalties and the other changes might not cost too much in points potential. Added the quote above as I remember having Ings in my team when I read it and have moved him out since. He still could be a great option at that price but would like to see if he will be playing 90minutes regularly first. Also seen someone questioning how Jimenez may not score as much points this season with it being their second season in the Premier league and also they have a tough run of fixtures to start with.
Thanks from:
09-07-2019, 21:29   #65
Nuts102

Allison

Laporte VVD Digne Azpi

Fraser Sigurdson Zaha Salah Docoure

Vardy

Button Adams Greenwood Stacey
Advertisement
09-07-2019, 23:20   #66
km79

Quote:
2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Any thoughts ?
2 non playing subs more than likely
Dendoncker being the playing sub.And they have a STINK start and Europa and you have Jiminez ?
Which might be ok
If you didn’t have Declan Rice as a starter??????
He offers nothing in FF as a midfielder
And Ings will be injured soon
10-07-2019, 00:25   #67
extra gravy

Ryan
TAA VVD Digne Laporte
Siggy Salah Sterling Zaha
Deulofeu King

Button 4.5 tpt 4.0 def 4.5 fwd

Not happy with Ryan, hope the Burnley keeper situation will become clearer. Could downgrade Laporte to a 4.5 and upgrade Ryan but don't see any 4.5 defender I want. The mid speaks for itself, will probably be fairly template. Tielemans/Maddison/Perez instead of Zaha could be done too. Prefer Gerry D to Jota, better fixtures and no Europa. King will no doubt troll us but two decent opening fixtures and can reassess after that. Bench to be decided but will be rubbish.
10-07-2019, 00:34   #68
extra gravy

https://twitter.com/PreeceObserver/s...433082368?s=19

And there we go...Pope in
10-07-2019, 07:17   #69
galwaylad14

I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 08:40   #70
elefant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaylad14 View Post
I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?
I have Noble in a few draft teams. He was scoring pretty well for his price at the end of last season.

Only thing is that he's likely to be your cheap midfielder anyway, so you're probably as well saving 4.5 and plumping for Dendoncker.
10-07-2019, 09:23   #71
Pete_Cavan

Personally I'd put Guendouzi as the best cheap mid. He's a very tidy footballer and intelligent for such a young player. He should improve this season and hopefully he can add an attacking threat to his game. The down side is he plays for Arsenal who are erratic but they will do better than Wolves this season who have the added workload of European football.
10-07-2019, 09:28   #72
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy View Post
I think Villa rotate fairly well with Burnley so might bet both :@
Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
5ml though .....
10-07-2019, 10:52   #73
sheroman01

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy View Post
Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.
10-07-2019, 11:08   #74
galwaylad14

Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?
10-07-2019, 11:11   #75
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaylad14 View Post
Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?
He is a firm preseason watch for me
The main issue is he has NEVER nailed down a first team spot at either arsenal or Chelsea

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion