Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-07-2019, 13:00   #61
Chesty08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-b0n3 View Post
Can't play free hit in week 1, it's still there don't worry.
Never noticed that last year but yes makes sense. Thanks
Chesty08 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-07-2019, 20:01   #62
Damien360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,572
2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?
Damien360 is online now  
09-07-2019, 20:09   #63
Damien360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,572
Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
Mane to Salah
Fraser to Zaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien360 View Post
2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?
Damien360 is online now  
09-07-2019, 20:48   #64
macraignil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Sting View Post
....and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien360 View Post
Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
Mane to Salah
Fraser to Zaha

Like draft 3 the best as Salah could still be on penalties and the other changes might not cost too much in points potential. Added the quote above as I remember having Ings in my team when I read it and have moved him out since. He still could be a great option at that price but would like to see if he will be playing 90minutes regularly first. Also seen someone questioning how Jimenez may not score as much points this season with it being their second season in the Premier league and also they have a tough run of fixtures to start with.
macraignil is offline  
Thanks from:
09-07-2019, 21:29   #65
Nuts102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,731
Allison

Laporte VVD Digne Azpi

Fraser Sigurdson Zaha Salah Docoure

Vardy

Button Adams Greenwood Stacey
Nuts102 is offline  
Advertisement
09-07-2019, 23:20   #66
km79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien360 View Post
2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?
2 non playing subs more than likely
Dendoncker being the playing sub.And they have a STINK start and Europa and you have Jiminez ?
Which might be ok
If you didn’t have Declan Rice as a starter??????
He offers nothing in FF as a midfielder
And Ings will be injured soon
km79 is offline  
10-07-2019, 00:25   #67
extra gravy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,864
Ryan
TAA VVD Digne Laporte
Siggy Salah Sterling Zaha
Deulofeu King

Button 4.5 tpt 4.0 def 4.5 fwd

Not happy with Ryan, hope the Burnley keeper situation will become clearer. Could downgrade Laporte to a 4.5 and upgrade Ryan but don't see any 4.5 defender I want. The mid speaks for itself, will probably be fairly template. Tielemans/Maddison/Perez instead of Zaha could be done too. Prefer Gerry D to Jota, better fixtures and no Europa. King will no doubt troll us but two decent opening fixtures and can reassess after that. Bench to be decided but will be rubbish.
extra gravy is offline  
10-07-2019, 00:34   #68
extra gravy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,864
https://twitter.com/PreeceObserver/s...433082368?s=19

And there we go...Pope in
extra gravy is offline  
10-07-2019, 07:17   #69
galwaylad14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,087
I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?
galwaylad14 is offline  
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 08:40   #70
elefant
Registered User
 
elefant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaylad14 View Post
I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?
I have Noble in a few draft teams. He was scoring pretty well for his price at the end of last season.

Only thing is that he's likely to be your cheap midfielder anyway, so you're probably as well saving 4.5 and plumping for Dendoncker.
elefant is offline  
10-07-2019, 09:23   #71
Pete_Cavan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,722
Personally I'd put Guendouzi as the best cheap mid. He's a very tidy footballer and intelligent for such a young player. He should improve this season and hopefully he can add an attacking threat to his game. The down side is he plays for Arsenal who are erratic but they will do better than Wolves this season who have the added workload of European football.
Pete_Cavan is offline  
10-07-2019, 09:28   #72
km79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy View Post
I think Villa rotate fairly well with Burnley so might bet both :@
Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
5ml though .....
km79 is offline  
10-07-2019, 10:52   #73
sheroman01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy View Post
Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.
sheroman01 is online now  
10-07-2019, 11:08   #74
galwaylad14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,087
Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?
galwaylad14 is offline  
10-07-2019, 11:11   #75
km79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaylad14 View Post
Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?
He is a firm preseason watch for me
The main issue is he has NEVER nailed down a first team spot at either arsenal or Chelsea
km79 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet