Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HRT

Options
  • 01-06-2019 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

I was recommended this lately for heart protection and to help with irritability and mood swings(justifiable annoyance/anger), I've had horrible experiences with artificial hormones, dr says the patch is only a tiny amount so it should be ok!

All the info I've read is contradictory, what kind of experiences have ppl with hormone sensitivity had with hrt and how expensive is it, are there follow up appointment necessary that push the costs up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bredabe wrote: »
    I was recommended this lately for heart protection and to help with irritability and mood swings(justifiable annoyance/anger), I've had horrible experiences with artificial hormones, dr says the patch is only a tiny amount so it should be ok!

All the info I've read is contradictory, what kind of experiences have ppl with hormone sensitivity had with hrt and how expensive is it, are there follow up appointment necessary that push the costs up?

So long since my days of HRT that my experience may not help ( I dropped it for side effects) but it seems that you are not happy with the idea. Maybe ask the dr what alternatives he can suggest? Does he know re your previous bad experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Graces7 wrote: »
    So long since my days of HRT that my experience may not help ( I dropped it for side effects) but it seems that you are not happy with the idea. Maybe ask the dr what alternatives he can suggest? Does he know re your previous bad experiences?
    I did tell her and she said this was different, I, in general dont like pharma of many kinds.
    So I posted here to get a cross section of views on it ahead of making a decision.

I did tell her and she said this was different, I, in general dont like pharma of many kinds.
    So I posted here to get a cross section of views on it ahead of making a decision.

Are there any online support groups for that product? Always useful...google?

Are there any online support groups for that product? Always useful...google?
    Anything like that Ive found has a very clear bias either way, so atm not useful to me.
    Ive read the medical stuff alright, but nothing like shared experiences for things like this I feel.

Anything like that Ive found has a very clear bias either way, so atm not useful to me.
    Ive read the medical stuff alright, but nothing like shared experiences for things like this I feel.

That actually helped me decide about things.

Oh I didn't mean medical forums but user forums. People who have used the meds and had good or bad experiences. Like here but more focussed and numerous. I joined a few re meds in the past and found it helped me decide. Sorry if I was not clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Menopause Matters might be a good resource for you to look up - it’s a british website and has a forum section if you’re looking for users views.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/index.php

That actually helped me decide about things.

Oh I didn't mean medical forums but user forums. People who have used the meds and had good or bad experiences. Like here but more focussed and numerous. I joined a few re meds in the past and found it helped me decide. Sorry if I was not clear

Not your fault, my brain wired to think science and that meant I overlooked the more communal options.

Not your fault, my brain wired to think science and that meant I overlooked the more communal options.

sokay; if ever a new meds is suggested I go straight to user forums for genuine experiences as well as the pharma sites. the pharma sites are excellent re side effects but real folk are better. Hope you find what you seek.

Advertisement