Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-03-2019, 22:10   #1
jasongoodbody

Smallest detailed tattoo

I'm toying with the idea of getting a very basic small tattoo on my thigh.

Two playing cards, one over the other as in the photo.

Would be looking for Queen of hearts and diamonds and just black. What's the smallest I could get it with the heart/diamond still visible?
Advertisement
22-08-2019, 12:45   #2
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongoodbody View Post
I'm toying with the idea of getting a very basic small tattoo on my thigh.

Two playing cards, one over the other as in the photo.

Would be looking for Queen of hearts and diamonds and just black. What's the smallest I could get it with the heart/diamond still visible?
Hard to say - best to book a consultation with an artist you like and have them take a look. People sometimes say "but the artist always wants to make it bigger" and that tends to be a good sign. With small tattoos the thing to keep in mind is that, as the skin ages, they will become less and less defined. The bigger the tattoo, the thicker the lines, the better it will hold up with age.

From experience I'm thinking a couple of inches high anyway, unless you're wanting to get a single needle tattoo (which I wouldn't recommend, they get blurry quick, especially in a high traffic area such as your thigh (pants on, pants off - You'll notice if it's high traffic by the amount / length of hair you have there)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion