Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-07-2019, 14:30   #91
Potential-Monke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
So, this is going for 25 in Smyths, worth a bite? I see people are saying the story is short, how short we talking?
15-30 hours according to the internet, but that's probably not a bad thing. Couldn't finish 4 or 5.
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 15:05   #92
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
15-30 hours according to the internet, but that's probably not a bad thing. Couldn't finish 4 or 5.
That's a fine length, 4 and 5 were way too long. Never finished 4 and 5 became a slog by the last 3rd. Cool, might give this a go then.
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 15:35   #93
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Could be completed is 10-15 hours I'd say.
21-07-2019, 09:15   #94
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Traded in AC Odyssey and got this, very happy with my choice. Only early on but loving the stealthing, treasure hunting, base fixing and quad biking. Mad to get stuck into more.
21-07-2019, 18:53   #95
dreamers75

Quote:
Traded in AC Odyssey and got this, very happy with my choice. Only early on but loving the stealthing, treasure hunting, base fixing and quad biking. Mad to get stuck into more.
The prepper stashes are oddly the best part of the game.

Capturing and releasing the bases and the repeatable excursions give the game a bit more length. Worth getting the bases to level 3 for the materials you get.
Advertisement
21-07-2019, 20:05   #96
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Absolutely loving the motorbike with side car, any idea if i can customise it at any point?
21-07-2019, 20:49   #97
EoinMcLovin

Quote:
Absolutely loving the motorbike with side car, any idea if i can customise it at any point?
Nope, vehicles can't be customised
22-07-2019, 15:08   #98
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinMcLovin View Post
Nope, vehicles can't be customised
Aw boo, especially as I came across a red bike and sidecar in the world and it looks like now i'm stuck with the rusty form anytime I spawn it, not cool Ubi. Other than that, loving it. I got a free gold double barrel sawn off from the ubi store that I've been wrecking people with and I never use a sawn off in shooters.
22-01-2020, 22:38   #99
The Phantom Pain

I can tell I'm gonna love this game already. I'm one of the few that thought Far Cry 5 was great (even enjoyed the multiplayer) so this picking up where it left off is only a plus. The first weapon you acquire is badass and I'm enjoying the base building and RPG elements. It's intimidating but I know I'll eventually master it all eventually.

World is gorgeous, as expected from Ubisoft, and motion capture is very well done. Also love the music.

The sensitivity of the camera is on acid or is that just me? Everything feels "faster" than Far Cry 5, less clunky. I feel like it doesn't take me 2 or 3 attempts to loot something, for instance.

I'm very early in but already I'm nostalgic for some of the characters from Far Cry 5 like Mary May and Cheeseburger. Spoiler: I doubt they survived.

Only weird thing is the twins look like 20 year olds but their voice actors are clearly double that age...
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 12:13   #100
The Phantom Pain

Still enjoying the game but for some reason the limited fast travel is bugging me when it shouldn't because this is a world made to explore. In Far Cry 5 fast travel is available from the start but I very rarely used it until late game. With Far Cry 5 I felt like there was more stuff to see on the way to the next objective other than just scrap for upgrades.

Here, the game doesn't want you to fast travel too much because you will miss out on the necessary equipment to upgrade, for instance, the facility to fast travel but then if they just enabled fast travel from the start rather than locking it behind expedition upgrades then that wouldn't be necessary...so essentially Ubisoft has created a problem so that you have to grind for the solution.

Oh and a tip for anyone who has yet to play this who wants to go stealth. Kill your companion. After becoming disillusioned with what seemed to be a step back in the stealth department my companion getting killed was perhaps the best thing to happen. The amount of times Carmina Rye got caught by not staying put or by actively goading the A.I. became beyond a joke. I do think that stealth has taken a backseat; everything just seems designed to get you into open combat and be as chaotic and off the wall as possible.

The enemy A.I. spawning is worse than ever. It’s the same problem as any other FC game - you can't take 5 seconds to even read a bloody note without being shot at. So I just end up ignoring them which is a shame because I'm invested in this world and characters and want to know what happened to it post-collapse. My first outpost takeover, which somehow I managed to complete undetected, was almost ruined by a wild dog spawning and putting the whole base on alert which meant I had to work extra hard to take down enemies. I felt cheated.

People seem to like the expeditions so can’t wait to get into that but want to level up first as I heard it’s better with more advanced equipment.
27-01-2020, 20:20   #101
The Phantom Pain

I have a question about upgrading versus crafting for anyone that knows:
Does upgrading simply add damage to the weapon? Or does it also change the tier? So for instance could I upgrade an epic (purple) into a master (gold) weapon?
27-01-2020, 20:34   #102
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Pain View Post
I have a question about upgrading versus crafting for anyone that knows:
Does upgrading simply add damage to the weapon? Or does it also change the tier? So for instance could I upgrade an epic (purple) into a master (gold) weapon?
It adds damage you can keep upgrading after the highest tier. As long as you have the mats.

But tbh once you reach a certain part and acquire a certain item, you wont bother with most weapons.
28-01-2020, 01:27   #103
The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
It adds damage you can keep upgrading after the highest tier. As long as you have the mats.
But can you upgrade it into a high tier. For instance can you upgrade an epic into master?
28-01-2020, 02:05   #104
The Phantom Pain

Really loving the game. Even the enemy spawning which initially irritated me has become more than welcome because enemies are target practice for the various weapon challenges. I did find myself crafting weapons lower than I could just for the sake of completing those challenges though but still have most of my weapons at master tier at least. I prefer Far Cry 5 only marginally simply because I think the story presentation in that game was better whereas New Dawn is more about gameplay. It's actually kind of sad looking at ruins that used to be thriving locations. It speaks to how well crafted the world of Hope County was that I remembered many of the locations from the photograph side mission.

btw also got the infamous Anger Management trophy and it's every bit as annoying as people say it is. Why is takedown, melee and eden wrath all on R3? Clearly, that's not a smart idea for obvious reasons. In the end I did it on a low level expedition mission where I made myself get caught and waited for the A.I. to spawn and gather together. It was so awkward and contrived.
28-01-2020, 11:22   #105
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Pain View Post
Really loving the game. Even the enemy spawning which initially irritated me has become more than welcome because enemies are target practice for the various weapon challenges. I did find myself crafting weapons lower than I could just for the sake of completing those challenges though but still have most of my weapons at master tier at least. I prefer Far Cry 5 only marginally simply because I think the story presentation in that game was better whereas New Dawn is more about gameplay. It's actually kind of sad looking at ruins that used to be thriving locations. It speaks to how well crafted the world of Hope County was that I remembered many of the locations from the photograph side mission.

btw also got the infamous Anger Management trophy and it's every bit as annoying as people say it is. Why is takedown, melee and eden wrath all on R3? Clearly, that's not a smart idea for obvious reasons. In the end I did it on a low level expedition mission where I made myself get caught and waited for the A.I. to spawn and gather together. It was so awkward and contrived.
Worse.trophy.EVER!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion