Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harassment based on the idea of 'slutshaming' or any other type of malicious rumours

• 12-10-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am just curious as to why so many people in Irish society think harassing someone to the verge of suicide is OK, if someone has spread malicious lies about them? When I say harassing, I don't mean confronting them and talking to them, I mean making loud comments in their hearing and generally making them fearful of leaving the house etc... It's crystal clear that this type of harassment is absolutely acceptable in Ireland. I am curious as to why. I wonder why, firstly, someone would consider it fine to bully someone based on something that they haven't even witnessed evidence of, and secondly, why they consider the victim's life to be worth less than their own. I welcome any thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cearta

My own life is being made completely unliveable, but in a kind of disengaged way, I don't understand why or how this happens. I could never bring myself to do this to anyone.

Advertisement