Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kayaking Lough Cutra? Is it allowed?

• 12-07-2018 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Has anyone attempted to kayak Lough Cutra? It claims to be the largest PRIVATE lake in Europe. There is a public access point on the east side of the lake, well away from the Castle, and nearby that public access point there are interesting islands with antiquities. I'd like to kayak to them but I am uneasy about the privacy element. Has anyone ever kayaked from this point and have they encountered any difficulties?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Hey, Are you talking about Lough Cutra in Gort?? I have a mate who kayaked there... she's local (ish). I was only in contact with her last night about kayaking and I'll ask her. I had a look at it on google maps and it seems tricky to pitch in.... I'll get back to you on that...

Advertisement