Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2018, 22:37   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Sheer mythology is that!
No it isnt for someone only in their 40s.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-10-2018, 10:02   #62
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
A remark a nurse said the other day made me feel younger again.

I was getting the seasonal flu jab. The nurse asked was I ok with injections, I'm grand with them. But putting the plaster on afterwards she say's 'red heads always bleed more'.

Now its been awhile since I've been recognized as a red head so I'm guessing there's some still left.. One of the things I missed most the older I got was my shock of red hair, I loved it.
(2) thanks from:
02-10-2018, 10:44   #63
Wheety

When 3plus sent me notification of a presale for someone called Anne-Marie.

Playing the 3 Arena and I've literally never heard of them before.
(2) thanks from:
04-10-2018, 12:30   #64
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan Eager Lever View Post
No it isnt for someone only in their 40s.
ah well true indeed. lol...I keep tryin g and hoping but go down and down. Glad there are two strong men to help me in and out of the ferry.... ;)My knees ...
05-12-2018, 00:24   #65
madmaggie

I'm thinking of getting one of those garden kneeler/stools. It would be handy for loading the washing machine or getting at a low press. I have a sticky knee and need something to hold on to to get back up again.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 00:36   #66
Duck Soup

I looked at the back of my hand one summer and thought to myself - wow, loads of freckles this year. That winter, the freckles were still there and I realised they were liver spots. Then the year I spent squinting, asking myself why my eyes were always tired when I wanted to read. Eventually I accepted that my eyes weren't tired, but that I needed reading glasses.

I tend to treat infirmities of old age as negotiations with death.
(4) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 11:19   #67
looksee
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaggie View Post
I'm thinking of getting one of those garden kneeler/stools. It would be handy for loading the washing machine or getting at a low press. I have a sticky knee and need something to hold on to to get back up again.
That's a great idea, I might get a second one for indoors, the one that lives in the garden is always full of booby trap water and snails.
(3) thanks from:
12-12-2018, 12:09   #68
Graces7

[QUOTE=Duck Soup;108802300]I looked at the back of my hand one summer and thought to myself - wow, loads of freckles this year. That winter, the freckles were still there and I realised they were liver spots.

This made me smile... My fingers are now bending at the top joint, ever more inwards.. over and over they go.. used to make folk smile when they saw me knitting at the market stall..
12-12-2018, 16:48   #69
Rubecula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybaby1 View Post
(Polishes fingernails on shoulder!)
who's nails and who's shoulder? and I am not sure that is polishing them as to me it looks like you are stropping them
Advertisement
12-12-2018, 20:22   #70
Jellybaby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubecula View Post
who's nails and who's shoulder? and I am not sure that is polishing them as to me it looks like you are stropping them

I posted that so long ago........I forgot why!
Thanks from:
13-12-2018, 00:46   #71
Rubecula

no idea why it showed up so late on my 'puter
13-12-2018, 09:41   #72
Srameen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybaby1 View Post
I posted that so long ago........I forgot why!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubecula View Post
no idea why it showed up so late on my 'puter
Well, the thread is "something made me realise I was getting older".

Lately I seem to get more muscle strain from lifting or hauling than I used to.
Thanks from:
13-12-2018, 17:44   #73
New Home

Today was a day that made me feel like I was in my mid-90s, and not quite right in the head.

1. I kept mixing up my words (Spooner would have been proud), and I couldn't remember the word "glaucoma" so I had to ask the internet.
2. I was supposed to go to the post office and then to a specific shop in the next town to get some presents for Christmas, and before leaving the house I had to be reminded to go to the shops, because the thought had gone right out of my head.
3. I lost track of the number of times I said the same thing to the same person at 10-15 minutes intervals. :/
4. My eyesight today is shot.
5. At one stage, as I was about to get out of a parking spot, I had to think long and hard about what side of the road I was supposed to be on.
6. I forgot what else I was going to say, but I know I had something else to add.

For the time being, I'm going to blame chronic sleep deprivation. :/ If I catch up on some lost sleep tonight and I'm better tomorrow, grand, otherwise I think a visit to the doctor might be in order.
(4) thanks from:
13-12-2018, 19:30   #74
BBFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Home View Post
Today was a day that made me feel like I was in my mid-90s, and not quite right in the head.

1. I kept mixing up my words (Spooner would have been proud), and I couldn't remember the word "glaucoma" so I had to ask the internet.
2. I was supposed to go to the post office and then to a specific shop in the next town to get some presents for Christmas, and before leaving the house I had to be reminded to go to the shops, because the thought had gone right out of my head.
3. I lost track of the number of times I said the same thing to the same person at 10-15 minutes intervals. :/
4. My eyesight today is shot.
5. At one stage, as I was about to get out of a parking spot, I had to think long and hard about what side of the road I was supposed to be on.
6. I forgot what else I was going to say, but I know I had something else to add.

For the time being, I'm going to blame chronic sleep deprivation. :/ If I catch up on some lost sleep tonight and I'm better tomorrow, grand, otherwise I think a visit to the doctor might be in order.
Are you sure you're not in your mid 90's
13-12-2018, 19:31   #75
New Home

Uhh.... I forgot...

(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size