Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bit of a row in Denver

https://www.mlb.com/video/tempers-flare-at-coors-field/c-1927870483

The pitcher throwing his glove is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Bit of a row in Denver

https://www.mlb.com/video/tempers-flare-at-coors-field/c-1927870483

The pitcher throwing his glove is funny.

And three players tossed from the Yankees Red Sox game. Benches cleared twice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ShyMets wrote: »
    Nido called up. Stats decent for a catcher albeit not at the major league level. We'll see what happens. On a side note, watching the Royals and Mariners and thinking that its great watching a ball game on a Wednesday evening
    Probably take a couple days before we hear what'll happen with D'Arnaud.

Plawecki likely day-to-day - got hit on the hand, looked really bad on the replay but at least it's not his throwing hand.

And Wheeler pitched really well. But they're going to need a catcher, maybe that guy Lobaton (not on the 40 man roster) gets a callup.

Lots of injuries early, starting to get nervous about this. D'Arnaud, Vargas, Swarzak (who is 'not close' to returning)... Time, as always, will tell.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Probably take a couple days before we hear what'll happen with D'Arnaud.

Plawecki likely day-to-day - got hit on the hand, looked really bad on the replay but at least it's not his throwing hand.

And Wheeler pitched really well. But they're going to need a catcher, maybe that guy Lobaton (not on the 40 man roster) gets a callup.

Lots of injuries early, starting to get nervous about this. D'Arnaud, Vargas, Swarzak (who is 'not close' to returning)... Time, as always, will tell.

From what I've heard Vargas and Swarzak are expected back soon. Reckon D'Arnaud is gone for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

[font=Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Expect the Yankees to drill someone on the Sox today.[/font]

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

notobtuse wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Expect the Yankees to drill someone on the Sox today.[/font]

Hanley took a bad one to the wrist but was accidental. Porcello looks to have been lights out last night.

What a start from the Sox!! 10-2 :D

Hand fractured. Out 2-3 weeks. So Nido the only catcher on the roster at the moment. Looks like they’ll have to move TDA to the 60 day and add Loboton or look elsewhere.

Hand fractured. Out 2-3 weeks. So Nido the only catcher on the roster at the moment. Looks like they’ll have to move TDA to the 60 day and add Loboton or look elsewhere.

Apparently they've had 'talks' with the Marlins about Realmuto. Price probably too high for a team that's pretty thin on prospects.

Apparently they've had 'talks' with the Marlins about Realmuto. Price probably too high for a team that's pretty thin on prospects.

D'Arnaud out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

That's a real shame. He was a highly touted prospect in the Toronto system. He's been bedevilled by injuries. :(

• Advertisement

Good thing Syndegaard was in that trade!

D'Arnaud maybe should think about a new position, he's too darn brittle to play catcher.

11-1 though, will take that kind of start any time! Best start in team history exceeded by 3 wins so far. Lobaton tripled last night in his Mets debut. Cool, he'll be the starting catcher for awhile till Plawecki's back. I don't think the rookie (Nido) will see a ton of games. Hopefully the new catchers don't put the pitchers off their games, too...

Hopefully the new catchers don't put the pitchers off their games, too...

From what I’ve read, they’re both better defensive catchers than TDA/KP but aren’t great with the bat. So it might work out better for the pitchers. We’ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yankees/Tigers and Twins/White Sox are off. Good chance the Twins/White Sox game will be called tomorrow too, which means the entire series will be wiped out.

Some comeback by the Cubs today. 10-3 down after 6, 10-5 after 7 but up 14-10 after 8...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Yankees/Tigers and Twins/White Sox are off. Good chance the Twins/White Sox game will be called tomorrow too, which means the entire series will be wiped out.

Blue Jays/Indians off too, rescheduled for May 3 I believe. Tomorrow not looking good either.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Blue Jays/Indians off too, rescheduled for May 3 I believe. Tomorrow not looking good either.

This year feels like the worst year for games being called off in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Boy this mariners offense is hot right now,Vogelbach hit a bomb last night! ,8-4 record nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

This year feels like the worst year for games being called off in April.
    Yes, never remember it been this bad...another 4 games already called off today!

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes, never remember it been this bad...another 4 games already called off today!

It's a bad sign when the storms in the US are being named starting with an X... Winter storm Xanto, 28" snow, nailing the upper midwest. And it's Income Tax day ffs.

Six games off now and one in delay.

• Advertisement

Seriously though, I was looking forward to watching Ohtani pitch this evening. Probably one of the few times he’ll be pitching at a reasonable hour for us.

Colon was perfect into the 8th against the Astros. Unbelievable!

Colon was perfect into the 8th against the Astros. Unbelievable!

It really is. He's great to watch, especially as he's not throwing 90mph fastballs.

It really is. He's great to watch, especially as he's not throwing 90mph fastballs.

He's my favourite aged 40 or over player. I include Ichiro in that.

He's my favourite aged 40 or over player. I include Ichiro in that.

Pity we don’t get to see him bat anymore.

Six games off now and one in delay.

This is getting bizarre. Even indoor games not certain to go ahead.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1528704

• Dodgers on a 2 game winning streak. It's all looking rosey now :D

Boy this mariners offense is hot right now,Vogelbach hit a bomb last night! ,8-4 record nothing wrong with that.

That was some belt alright - never thought I'd see a home run hit to that part of the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTns16im7as

Bats went quiet the last couple of games but they still beat Keuchel last night. Diaz is now 7 for 7 in saves and has yet to give up a hit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement