Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-07-2019, 08:11   #4951
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn View Post
I saw a post in After Hours saying Penney's is stocking coats/boots!(Probably nothing in the men's section for me tough).
Yeah I seen a post last night on Facebook about Autumn/Winter season now in stock.

It begins....
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 12:30   #4952
Postgrad10

When does the BT Christmas shop open?
11-07-2019, 12:40   #4953
freshpopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postgrad10 View Post
When does the BT Christmas shop open?
About the third Thursday in August!
Thanks from:
15-07-2019, 12:43   #4954
leahyl

Currently listening to Christmas tunes on the Christmas fm digital station
(7) thanks from:
15-07-2019, 21:07   #4955
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahyl View Post
Currently listening to Christmas tunes on the Christmas fm digital station
Have the app on the phone, so love that literally with one click i can Christmas tunes 😄 even better you can go out if the app and it keeps playing so have it on in the background while looking at other things
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-07-2019, 08:27   #4956
DvB

As big a fan I am of Christmas I must admit I rarely get any real urge to isten to crimbo tunes in the middle of the year. It just feels weird to me. Come November when the adverts start though I'll start to get into the mood, though I rarely go full on until December.

I must admit though earlier in the year I did get a buzz listening to a christmas playlist when out having to drive the wifes car around for an hour or so in order to recharge the cars battery... when it came on I initially went to change it but decided to leave it... though it was a complete one off, reckon it'll be the most wonderful time of the year & the launch of Christmas FM going live before the tunes come back on for me.
(5) thanks from:
16-07-2019, 10:46   #4957
TRS30

I’d be the same in the main. I think it’s more just knowing it’s there and sometimes if I’m feeling a bit down I like to just listen to a couple of songs to take my mind off things.
(2) thanks from:
16-07-2019, 11:01   #4958
DvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
I’d be the same in the main. I think it’s more just knowing it’s there and sometimes if I’m feeling a bit down I like to just listen to a couple of songs to take my mind off things.
I use the forum here for my 'cheer up' requirements. Love reading through the classic threads such as CHristmas Eve traditions & the old adverts threads, they can really lift the spirits (mine anyway) when I'm under the weather or feeling stressed out with work or suchlike. Had a really hard time of it a few years ago & came in here regularly & genuinely think some of the threads in here saved me, they made me smile & shone some light at a time I felt I was stuck in a very dark place.
16-07-2019, 13:51   #4959
newmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
I use the forum here for my 'cheer up' requirements. Love reading through the classic threads such as CHristmas Eve traditions & the old adverts threads, they can really lift the spirits (mine anyway) when I'm under the weather or feeling stressed out with work or suchlike. Had a really hard time of it a few years ago & came in here regularly & genuinely think some of the threads in here saved me, they made me smile & shone some light at a time I felt I was stuck in a very dark place.

Thoroughly agree with you DVB. I have often visited the site when feeling under the weather and Just reading a few posts on this forum always cheers me up and give us something to look forward to. Thanks everyone for making this such a wonderful Thread.
Advertisement
16-07-2019, 19:44   #4960
Posy
Warm and cosy

I'm glad we could help in some small way, DvB. I hope you're in a better place now.
(7) thanks from:
17-07-2019, 00:18   #4961
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
This is exactly what this place should be. Delighted it helped you through a dark time.

Let the glow of the Christmas lights always guide the way.

Hope you’re feeling better and always know we’re always here for chats and fun.
(7) thanks from:
17-07-2019, 07:55   #4962
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughc View Post
This is exactly what this place should be. Delighted it helped you through a dark time.

Let the glow of the Christmas lights always guide the way.

Hope you’re feeling better and always know we’re always here for chats and fun.
Ever since I first came across this forum (was just viewing and not posting) it always came across as like a big extended family. Joining in has just reaffirmed that belief.
(2) thanks from:
17-07-2019, 09:40   #4963
DvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
I'm glad we could help in some small way, DvB. I hope you're in a better place now.
Ah didnt mean to sound dramatic or anything like that, it was just a time of huge work related stress ( a proper sh*tstorm of a project) coupled with dealing with one of my parents having serious health issues at the time. Throw a pair of young twins into the mix & it was a proper cocktail of having no 'down time' so to speak.

I'm prone to bouts of feeling down in the dumps and looking back I was just trying to do too much and wasn't looking after myself at all, it was nothing more serious than that in reality.

The threads in here were a real good way to spend a half hour or so over lunch or suchlike and really gave me something to look forward to at the time which was a fantastic outlet, I'll never forget that, and the people in here who unknown to them at the time where really reminding me of whats important in life.
Theres alot to be said for the type of people that frequent this christmas forum, everyone is friendly, welcoming, thoughtful & generally quite positive in outlook... all fantastic traits, and I'm delighted to be a part of this great little group.
(5) thanks from:
17-07-2019, 15:50   #4964
leahyl

Totally agree with this place being so welcoming and helping you through a bad patch. I've had a particular family issue that came out of nowhere in the past year and has knocked myself and my parents for six but this forum is so pleasant to come into and brings me back to the days when I really loved Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I still like Christmas but things have changed a bit now that I don't really look forward to it as much as I used to but I still love coming in here and reading all the threads! Ye are such a nice bunch
(6) thanks from:
18-07-2019, 01:52   #4965
freshpopcorn

I just saw on ad on TV and it said 'This Autumn' like it was only a few weeks away and I realised it is!
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion