Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What she blind as a bat....not to see a 4x7m command centre. If you have it off side somewhere nice then happy days. ;)

:pac::pac:
    She can see it alright,
    But she only sees a big metal box, where as I'm seeing Batmans cave crossed with the Bada Bing Club :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FORGETTABOUTIT!

Last week I covered the bike in ACF50 after a brief wash.....this week the bike is a hell of alot cleaner and looks alot better too. And that is after getting caught in all sorts of sh1t weather.

Really is great stuff, can use it everywhere except the brake discs etc. Even the plastics come up super (but dont let it creep)

Well worth the outlay IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

JPXVd4x.gif

ebXR0q4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

blade1 wrote: »
    Decided to bite the bullet and give my bikes a proper home.

photo_zps8f65e127.jpg

Dude that is savage, fair play. Nice to have the space I'd love something like that one day.

Today I got told that there were complaints about my ground anchor installation in the underground carpark - that it's a possible trip hazard and I have to remove it. fukkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Zascar wrote: »
    Dude that is savage, fair play. Nice to have the space I'd love something like that one day.

Today I got told that there were complaints about my ground anchor installation in the underground carpark - that it's a possible trip hazard and I have to remove it. fukkers.

Can you not sink it into the floor so that it lies flat when not in use? Or sink it and put a lid on it so that it's a flat finish

It's a good size but the costs are adding up from what I oringinally thought.
    I still have to dig a trench about 10m long for cables, buy sockets, lights and switches and also a concrete ramp and outside light.

It's not a trip hazard, people are just arseholes and have to have something to complain about.

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's not a trip hazard, people are just arseholes and have to have something to complain about.

Ahh ffs thats very unfair Cienciano....What about people with big feet they have to live there too ya know. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

What about people with big feet they have to live there too ya know. :D
    :pac::pac::pac:

I parked near a fire hose in an underground car park and someone told me not to park there as it's a fire issue. You'd think it was a van I had parked up against it.
    Some people just love to complain.

Shed getting nearer completion
    photo1_zps791b2dfc.jpg

photo2_zpse8d9fc49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Soooo much space!!

aaakev wrote: »
    Soooo much space!!

It's a bit bare at the moment,
    I'm making a long bench for it next week and there'll be a few more bikes added to it at some stage.
    I want to get a decent bike bench aswell.

aaakev wrote: »
    Soooo much space!!
    photo_zps60fcf5a5.jpg
    I'm a right f*ckin Shed Head:pac:
    I had a bike up for sale last summer and some guy rang me up, no interest in the bike.
    He wanted to know do I sell sheds?:pac::pac:

photo_zps60fcf5a5.jpg
    I'm a right f*ckin Shed Head:pac:
    I had a bike up for sale last summer and some guy rang me up, no interest in the bike.
    He wanted to know do I sell sheds?:pac::pac:

You know what you need between the metal shed and the wooden shed?
    A shed

You know what you need between the metal shed and the wooden shed?
    A shed

Hmm, you could have a point...:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I came down today to see the cover taken off my bike. Was kinda worried, then I saw someone had written a note and placed it under the lock. Said I'm blocking a walkway and I should be considerate to others - and the lock is a rick for people falling over it. Signed "A concerned neighbour"

Some people deserve a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭prunudo

I came down today to see the cover taken off my bike. Was kinda worried, then I saw someone had written a note and placed it under the lock. Said I'm blocking a walkway and I should be considerate to others - and the lock is a rick for people falling over it. Signed "A concerned neighbour"

The worst thing about that is that 'the concerned neighbour' is too much of a coward to talk to you face to face and explain their grievances, maybe they're afraid your a 7ft tall 25st angry biker who's going to attack them. Pity because at least if they talked to you about it you'd have the chance of explaining why you are putting the anchor in in the first place.

Also your fellow neighbours weren't very considerate when they failed to notice any suspicious lads robbing your bike :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

ah man ya will always get ass holes like that and it could even be someone who is jealous of your bike! Got a pic of the note??!

is it parked in your parking space?

Do you know what...I would seriously think about leaving that place and look for somewhere else. Life is too short for this bollocks, its hard enough to get a nights sleep with a bike outside without some cowardly **** with nothing else to worry about handing out envelopes. I would squeeze his neck for pulling back the cover leaving every little ****er to see the bike :mad::mad:

Sounds like the dickhead where I lived. Like there's no way around your bike :rolleyes:. Obviously I don't know your carpark layout, but I'll put money on it you're not making life impossible for anyone.
    And as jvan said, they're not very concerned about the theft of your bike.
    I'd leave it where it is till someone said something so you could ask them exactly how it's blocking a walkway

Who does yer man think he is anyway,head of health and safety?

Who does yer man think he is anyway,head of health and safety?

Some retired grandad or wanna be head of HR in some management company. Id be pulling him up a bit lively.

jvan wrote: »
    The worst thing about that is that 'the concerned neighbour' is too much of a coward to talk to you face to face and explain their grievances

RzmR43B.jpg

Lads does anyone know where I can get the MotoGP highlights? Hoping to be able to record them as I'm rarely home to watch it..

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

As far as i know its been shown on itv4 tonight mate

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    As far as i know its been shown on itv4 tonight mate

Yep, ITV4 have the rights (if you can call it that lol) to show the race 24hrs after the live event. Better then nothing I suppose.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Yep, ITV4 have the rights (if you can call it that lol) to show the race 24hrs after the live event. Better then nothing I suppose.....;)

Yup Wonda is correct, and it was a good opener I have to say. Worth the watch.:cool:

Advertisement