Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-12-2011, 22:01   #1
ZeitgeistGlee

Send a message via MSN to ZeitgeistGlee
Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

[Totally subtle plug for subforum request thread]

Given it takes around six weeks or so to get a new subforum either approved or rejected I figured I'd create a new general discussion thread for stuff which doesn't fall under the currently existing three main threads (beta, guilds and CE) so we don't clutter Massively Multiplayer too much with split-off one. I also hope this might generate a bit more active discussion because people may want to discuss stuff but are hesitant to start an entire thread on the topic.

Figure I might as well start off as I'm here:

How have people been finding the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior ACs?

Levelled an Immortal Juggernaut to 19 last weekend and I found outside of having a lot of armour and health it doesn't feel particularly tank-y, couldn't hold threat against a mate's DPS companion (first Agent one) and we seem to have very little in the way of AoE or CC in order to keep control over enemy mobs. Spammed taunt as often as I could, kept her guarded and was obviously in Soresu form but it just felt very half ineffective. Anyone else having a similar problem?
Advertisement
07-12-2011, 22:05   #2
Dcully

Looking forward to release immensely, i really cannot decide what class to roll.
I can a dozen alts to be honest.
07-12-2011, 22:08   #3
ZeitgeistGlee

You and me both mate, I spent the entirety of the first beta weekend playing as many of classes as I could to get a feel for which I liked the most, in the end I just wanted to play all of them.
07-12-2011, 22:31   #4
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeitgeistGlee View Post
How have people been finding the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior ACs?
I was fine for the PvE stuff and enjoyed it a lot. Force Charge is a ridiculously nice mobility manoeuver too. I didn't run into the issues that you came across, threat generation was ok for me.

In PvP though it felt a little gimped. I think this was mainly due to having very little cc at low levels in comparison to the likes of the Sorcerer which has at least 4. Apparently SW does get a decent cc in mid 20's though, so hopefully it'll be slightly more competitive after that.

As above the class choice is definitely tough though. The 'meatiness' of the Juggernaught in PvE is very nice, the IA's story and dialogue choices are the most interesting and as for SI...lightning...'nuff said. That leaves BH as the only one I know definitely wont be my first char.

Last edited by Blowfish; 07-12-2011 at 22:35.
07-12-2011, 22:42   #5
ZeitgeistGlee

Eh Force Charge is a bit of a mixed bag for me. Love the ability but the range is such a pain, really think it should be 4-30 metres rather than 10-30 given the level of DPS and CC ranged classes are able to bring down on us so quickly. I've leaped in on targets only to be repulsed away out of melee range after 2 seconds and then kited to death before I have any real chance to get them in range again.

As I said though, I was only level 19 so here's hoping things improve with time. Really don't agree with BioWare giving the ranged classes significantly more CC and AoE DPS than melee ones but maybe that's just the bitter JK/SW in me talking.

I actually played a BH the weekend before last and loved the story. As a Light-Sider I felt I was very much a man with his own code, rather than some kind of hired thug.
Advertisement
07-12-2011, 22:59   #6
Omphin

Check your emails to be directed to download the new game client. http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207
07-12-2011, 23:05   #7
GarethBah

I started downloading from www.swtor.com/downloads earlier today worked fine <:
08-12-2011, 02:15   #8
Lone Stone

So tell me whats it like in general, is it going to be another warhammer/aion/rift thing where you play it for a month then realise it has no staying power or is it going to be like wowand keep you interested for a few years (do you get that ow just one more level feeling) ?
08-12-2011, 02:17   #9
CyberJuice

They announced that early access will now be on the 13th!! 2 days sooner than previously advertised!!!

if you have added your pre order code into your account,you can now go and download the up to date game client so you will be ready when you recieve your email telling you that your now able to log into your early access

i think that the reason for 2 days earlier is because due to the success of the last 2 weekends betas,the flood of gameplay videos on youtube and people in general talking about the game that bioware has seen an increase in the number of pre orders in the last 2 weeks, and due to this they dont want to give people only 1 day early access and have us feeling ripped off so they will now give people who have recently pre ordered 2 - 4 days access instead and those who pre ordered months ago 7 days so they dont feel left out..

it could also be bcoz of some confusion on their website where it said order now and get up to 5 days early access,this was on their site up untill a few days ago. some people complained that ordering at such a late date completely rules out 5 days access,so the website should have changed this instead of misleading people and trying to push the last few pre order sales..they could have easily said pre order now and get 2 days access or 1 days access but they left it at "up to 5"

Last edited by CyberJuice; 08-12-2011 at 02:19.
Advertisement
08-12-2011, 04:59   #10
Raphael
Moderating is Magic

Send a message via AIM to Raphael Send a message via MSN to Raphael Send a message via Skype™ to Raphael
Street date in Europe is now the 15th, we should be able to pick up boxes by then. US is still 20th. =/

Tomorrow morning, call Game and see if they know this.
08-12-2011, 08:50   #11
Kiith

Hopefully should get the game a day or two before the 15th in that case, with GameStop express delivery. Only pre-ordered it this morning, but will hopefully get a few days extra game time.

Think i might book the 15th and 16th off work...just in case
08-12-2011, 09:59   #12
Raphael
Moderating is Magic

Send a message via AIM to Raphael Send a message via MSN to Raphael Send a message via Skype™ to Raphael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
Street date in Europe is now the 15th, we should be able to pick up boxes by then. US is still 20th. =/

Tomorrow morning, call Game and see if they know this.
They don't. *sigh*
08-12-2011, 11:15   #13
koneko

Hmm, might depend on the store. The one in Liffey Valley are aware of the change (seems they were a few days ago even, as they told me the same then).

They don't know how the headstart works so I gave them a bit of detail on that, but they're selling them on the 15th and telling people the game goes live on the 20th.

Checked my CE preorder was okay too, they only got 3 or 4 for that store
It's too late to order any more CEs according to them.
08-12-2011, 11:38   #14
ZeitgeistGlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
They don't. *sigh*
Didn't figure they would, they didn't hear about the release being pushed back to the 20th for almost a month after it was initially announced and the brick and mortar stores heard about it still after the website changed.

I'll pop into the lads in Cruise's Street today and find out if they know.
08-12-2011, 11:38   #15
jeawan

Talking a a friend of mine he said really till level 20 you can not hold argo much at all as you only really start getting taunt skills at 20+ .

Played a BH powertech too loved the class but it did annoy me i couldn't hold argo , mind you Live i am rolling a Trooper Commando healer/dps and later on i'll roll a tank Consular.

Again this game is one game where i want to play every class as they are enjoyable

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion