Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-11-2011, 16:34   #1
Iang87

Keeper league

Story with the keeper league lads
Advertisement
24-11-2011, 18:12   #2

Can you just clarify what the keeper league is?all I know is I want in on a fantasy league.
24-11-2011, 21:00   #3
Coeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucial Youth View Post
Can you just clarify what the keeper league is?all I know is I want in on a fantasy league.
The keeper league is the continuation of the league we played last year. We will keep some of our roster and then release the rest and redraft.
24-11-2011, 21:02   #4

Can people jump in on it?
24-11-2011, 21:09   #5
Coeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucial Youth View Post
Can people jump in on it?
If someone wants to drop out, Im sure they can. One of the players dropped out during the season and the GM got someone new to take over the team. We played on Yahoo last year and that wont be open again until mid Feb...
Advertisement
25-11-2011, 00:54   #6
Iang87

if someone drops out of the keeper league then i've no bother with someone stepping in.

We could also set up a new league too to see if theres renewed interest in it this year.

For anyone who loves fantasy sports then they'll love it. Fantasy Baseball is king

By we can set up a new league. I'll put it to the guy who ran the one last year. The dude had it nailed down from start to finish and done everything he could to help with the league with any question he was asked. Well done Mr I cant remember your boards name
25-11-2011, 09:13   #7

That's cool man. If theres room in there I'd love to jump in,no worries if its a hassle.
15-12-2011, 11:55   #8
8-10

I'm still in for 2012 and looking forward to it - Judean People's Front
16-12-2011, 16:53   #9
smackbunnybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iang87 View Post
if someone drops out of the keeper league then i've no bother with someone stepping in.

We could also set up a new league too to see if theres renewed interest in it this year.

For anyone who loves fantasy sports then they'll love it. Fantasy Baseball is king

By we can set up a new league. I'll put it to the guy who ran the one last year. The dude had it nailed down from start to finish and done everything he could to help with the league with any question he was asked. Well done Mr I cant remember your boards name
was it Boccy23?

did a fantastic job.

I'm up for it anyway!
Advertisement
16-12-2011, 17:09   #10
Coeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackbunnybaby View Post
was it Boccy23?

did a fantastic job.

I'm up for it anyway!
Yea that was him.

I'm up for a new league aswell as the keeper league.
18-12-2011, 14:03   #11
UCD AFC

Just dropping in to say I'd love to be involved in a fantasy league next year with fellow Irishmen, new or keeper whatever.
20-12-2011, 15:22   #12
boccy23

Cheers all for the kind words.

What I was i ntending to do was send an e-mail to all the previous members of the Keeper League, see if they were still on board and reassess the situation then.

If we have 1 or 2 spots and can easily replace these, then fine.

If everyone is up for it again, and we have enough additional interest, then we could set up a second standard league.
20-12-2011, 23:49   #13
brilliantboy

I'm in - Seattle Seamonkeys

The draft will have to be earlier this season because the Mariners and A's are playing in Japan at the end of March
21-12-2011, 14:09   #14
8-10

I think during the playoffs I released a couple of my star pitchers and other drafted players in order to maximise starters in my final week, I take it they'll be FA's now and I won't get the chance to keep them?

Actually I have no idea how a keeper league works. Do you pick who you keep? is it based on your ending roster? I hope not....
21-12-2011, 15:03   #15
Coeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
I think during the playoffs I released a couple of my star pitchers and other drafted players in order to maximise starters in my final week, I take it they'll be FA's now and I won't get the chance to keep them?

Actually I have no idea how a keeper league works. Do you pick who you keep? is it based on your ending roster? I hope not....
They will be FAs if they weren't picked up. I picked up Mauer and Ethier in the final week as potential keepers for bench players I wasn't going to keep. In doing that I was assuming that the keeper picks will be based on the final roster. I also remember Wainwright been picked up in the final week aswell as I may have picked him up had I spotted him

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion