Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy Towns

• 23-04-2010 2:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Tidy Towns events bring people together to better the appearance of their communities. It is a strong building block for community spirit in a lot of areas. If you have anything you want to add please do.

Tidy Towns in you area
    Tidy Towns Volunteers stories
    Volunteering Ireland on the Tidy Towns competition. It has a handy list of towns.
    Examples of the efforts: Skerries Ballincollig

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

2010 winners
    Ireland's Tidiest Small Town - Lismore, Co. Waterford with 306 marks
    Ireland's Tidiest Large Town - Killarney, Co. Kerry with 307 marks
    Ireland's Tidiest Large Urban Centre - Kilkenny with 306 marks
    Ireland's Tidiest Village - Tallanstown, Co. Louth with 308 marks
    The Tallanstown score meant they were the overall winners. It sounds like a strong volunteer effort to keep streets clean, colourful and welcoming. Anyone out there involved in their local tidy towns effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The Tidy Towns website has crashed so the 2017 adjudicator reports can't be checked.
    I can't see any online info about the current situation.
    From what I can see of the website I notice it has been redesigned since the last time I checked it so maybe this has not helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

The report are there, just cant be accessed direct.

Try this workaround
    use last years url for your relevant report

http://www.tidytowns.ie/reports/

http://www.tidytowns.ie/u_reports/2016/2016%20County%20Limerick%20Annacotty%201955.pdf

and substitute the two 2016 for 2017

http://www.tidytowns.ie/u_reports/2017/2017%20County%20Limerick%20Annacotty%201955.pdf

Thanks theblackstuff that works fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

This is an important effort from communities. Thanks to all involved, it hopefully makes it easier to get tourists and businesses into communities and makes it worthwhile for all to encourage!

• Advertisement

A bit quiet here!

It's our time of the year to renew our Public Liability insurance and find it has gone up to more than €800

Any advice out there like insurance companies offering better quotes.

I heard a story that some Tidy Towns had a big claim against them as result of a grass cutting accident and it has affected insurance premiums all round.

Advertisement