Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What I paddled today thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

how long was that trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

pmccormack wrote: »
    Here is a short video of what I spent my Eater Sunday doing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48ySk8vsgI&feature=feedwll

Cant beat hanging around in the caves and caverns of our wonderful coastline!!!

Bray to Greystones cliffwalk eat your heart out. Some nice footage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

we went from Tramore harbour to Garrus beach and back in under 2 hours taking it handy going in and out of everything we could.

Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Myself and the beginners from last year hit the Boyne yesterday, water was low but we've the best instructors out there :D nothing is ever boring with these guys ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXCnO3jO6s

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

paddled from st mullins to new ross today some nice scenery there
    and a nice flat water paddle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

footage from the past week in Sligo Kayak Club. mainly testing GoPro camera and my editing. need to get filming chops up for the summer flood season (fingers crossed) :eek:

footage from the past week in Sligo Kayak Club. mainly testing GoPro camera and my editing. need to get filming chops up for the summer flood season (fingers crossed) :eek:

nice video work!

Rathdrum to the meetings yesterday in medium water levels. At least 6 or 7 trees down causing part obstructions but none are river wide, all the rapids are running without obstruction. Observation needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BOOF IT STEVE

yomchi wrote: »
    Rathdrum to the meetings yesterday in medium water levels. At least 6 or 7 trees down causing part obstructions but none are river wide, all the rapids are running without obstruction. Observation needed!

Medium level yesterday??

Yesterday I Paddled From Tramore to Boatstrand about 13km with Shooter who is 3 weeks into her solo Circumnavigation of Ireland, She has had pretty crappy weather for the last 4-5 days with High winds and has been paddling into head winds since day one. You can follow her on her site www.canoearoundireland.com or facebook

Here is a short vid from yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfaPDgDGYuA

Noww im off to Scotland for a few days paddling thanking the rain gods in advance for there cooperation!!!!

Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

• Advertisement

Medium level yesterday??

Medium to low I reckon. We were expecting a few Boney parts but none showed.

Glenmacnass today, the last bit of it into the Avonmore then did a static session at Jacksons. Cracking day out.

Is anyone else getting out these days? Or is Jacksons in low water not worth the hassle?
    I'm prepping for my level 3 assessment at the moments so there's stacks to do on it.

Just home from a 3 day decent of The Spey in Scotland over 70km of Grade 2 & 3 stunning scenery and amazing wild camping spots. Started in the snow caped Cairngorm Mountains and finished in the sea!!!!!!!

Lough Dan to Laragh on Friday, medium water great day out. Doing Level 3 assessment on Sunday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BoatBuddy

Hi Copperhead, would like to do St Mullins to New Ross, how long did it take and where do you get out in New Ross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

BoatBuddy wrote: »
    Hi Copperhead, would like to do St Mullins to New Ross, how long did it take and where do you get out in New Ross?

Have done it before, its a long trip and i was in a racing boat, what boat are you paddling? You can get out near the rowing club before the bridge in New Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BoatBuddy

Have done it before, its a long trip and i was in a racing boat, what boat are you paddling? You can get out near the rowing club before the bridge in New Ross.
    Hi Tony
    Currently using a sea boat, used it a few times on the Barrow but not really suitable for weirs etc but should be perfect from St Mullins to New Ross,comfortable, tracks well, handle a chop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hi Tony
    Currently using a sea boat, used it a few times on the Barrow but not really suitable for weirs etc but should be perfect from St Mullins to New Ross,comfortable, tracks well, handle a chop.

Google earth puts it at 17km, so of you time it right with the tide, it'll prob take 2 hours or so . . .? If you get the tide wrong though it could be a lot longer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

sorry for the late reply
    as thetonynator says tide is crucial, i was paddling a sit on top perception scooter not the fastest and on a fairly big tide it took me about 3 1/2 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Myself and Irishlostboy spent the day having a go on a surf ski that a friend lent to us. Neither of us had ever used one before. It was seriously tippy and hard to steer, but also super fast and fun to play around on. Was nice to try out something new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I don't paddle myself but run alongside the river Ow which flows from Aughavanagh through Ironbridge and onto Aughrim where it meets the Aughrim river. Nice mixture of calm and white water this morning from what I could see on my run through the torrential rain. Never saw anyone paddling it over the years but I daresay someone out there has.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BOOF IT STEVE

I don't paddle myself but run alongside the river Ow which flows from Aughavanagh through Ironbridge and onto Aughrim where it meets the Aughrim river. Nice mixture of calm and white water this morning from what I could see on my run through the torrential rain. Never saw anyone paddling it over the years but I daresay someone out there has.

We ran it last year, great river but full of strainers above the bridge, heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OszQN1h-8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

We ran it last year, great river but full of strainers above the bridge, heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OszQN1h-8

Great vid. In and around that time I think was when Ironbridge got blocked and near washed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimkayak

Hi,
    Myself and a friend go down the Avomore river sometimes from Laragh to rathdrum or rathdrum to the meetings of the waters (near Avoca Co Wicklow)
    We use sit-on-tops http://nativewatercraft.com/boat.cfm?id=26

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Today me & my mate paddled from Fenit pier out around the lighthouse & back again.

well not today but over the past few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Did the Avanmore and Annamoe at the weekend. Must have scraped off of every rock. Levels were pretty low.

Chavways wrote: »
    Did the Avanmore and Annamoe at the weekend. Must have scraped off of every rock. Levels were pretty low.

Where did you get on? Annamoe is a village the Avonmore runs through, did you get on at Annamoe bridge? Figuring out levels for the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

yomchi wrote: »
    Where did you get on? Annamoe is a village the Avonmore runs through, did you get on at Annamoe bridge? Figuring out levels for the weekend :)

Was my first time in Wicklow so to be honest I couldn't tell you. Is it the Avanmore or Annamoe with the gt on in Rathduff?

I think we got on at Annamoe bridge next to the fishery. It was very low.Had to shuffle down a lot of the first section using my hands. Past Trooperstown it was still pretty low.A lot of people destroying boats with the scratches.

Advertisement