Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-07-2010, 20:41   #31
raindog.promo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caught View Post
I dont know how yous could go into these little places and play, knowing everyone could hate you. :O

I'd easily go out if I knew they were people would thought I was good, but playing in front of complete strangers? :O

Like, its not like I've never done anything in front of a crowd. Sure nuff, I've danced in the Helix and wasn't nervous beforehand at all. But knowing that this crowd could be like "oh, I don't like her" and booing me and stuff and like might think I'm awful is terrible to think of!

You never know who might be there either. D:
I don't think people would boo you off as much as just start talking over you.
I've never seen anyone booed off except a stand up who's material consisted purely of telling everyone to f*ck off.
Advertisement
23-08-2010, 13:51   #32

Gents,

I'm a bit late to this but are the gigs below still running and if so, is it for songwriters only?

Cheers,
iago

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
I've just updated the my list of song writer nights in Dublin.

Open mic nights in Dublin

If you know of any others, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

For anyone who's interested, I'm also putting together links to open mic nights in London and Paris:

Open mic nights in London

Open mic nights in Paris
07-03-2011, 17:10   #33

Looking for someone to take over Open Mic Night

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for someone to take over the running of an Open Mic Night in Dublin city Centre. If anyone is interested, reply or pm. Cheers
21-03-2011, 00:34   #34
decohy

Live in the Alley

http://pleroma.bandcamp.com/track/loop-de-loop
03-05-2011, 13:09   #35
antoanto

Send a message via AIM to antoanto Send a message via Yahoo to antoanto
Singer/songwriters @ the Battle of the Axe

;)BattleoftheAxe.com, Ha'Penny Bridge Inn, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. 0868156987
SINGER/SONGWRITERS still very much part of the Battle of the Axe with some of the best still mixing it it the comedians! So if you wanna a couple of songs on the open mic your welcome but must text above or email battleoftheaxe@hotmail.com well in advance. Thanks

May/June Dates 2011
Tuesday May 3rd 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club, Kieran Lawless [Bulmers Comedy Award Winner]. Would you like to tell a joke or sing a song! Contact battleoftheaxe.com for details.
Thursday May 5TH 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club—The Best of Stand-up Comedy with Dublin Comedy Award Winner Gerry McBride as MC and Jarlath Regan[TV3 & The Pannel RTE] + supports.
Tuesday May 10ND 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club – Eleanor Tiernan [The Liffey Laughs & BBC’s One Night Stand]
Thursday May 12TH 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club—The Monahan arises with MC Barry Mac and well respected comedians Kevin Gildea[RTE/BBC/C4/Father Ted/etc!etc!
Tuesday May 17TH 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club, + open mics with MC Matt Sadlier - Ireland's best kept comedy secret/CBC TV +loads of open mic
Thursday May 19TH 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club—The Best of Stand-up Comedy with the amazing Sean Flanagan - MC [hot from the Lotto ads and Foil Hogg and Arms] plus Katie Compa +Ruth Miller[From the USA and only 78years young!!]
Tuesday May 24th 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club – with Rory O Hanlon[ The Edinburgh Fest] as MC[This guy is brilliant/just remember where you seen him first!!]
Thursday May 26TH 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club—with the Best of Stand-up: A great nite for your party
Tuesday May 31st 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club, Aussies loss is Ireland’s best Damo Clarke s MC + open mics. Would you like to tell a joke or sing a song! Contact battleoftheaxe.com for details.
Thursday June 2nd 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club—The Best of Stand-up Comedy + HA PENNY LAUGH IMPROV COMEDY with MC Aidan Halpen! [These guys are amongst Irelands very best [not Dublin’s but Irelands very best I say again!]
Tuesday June 7th 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club: Kieran Lawless MC plus open mics
Thursday June 9th 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club: Colm O Regan Headlining + Barry MAC as MC plus supports & open mic
Tuesday June 14th 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club: Have your party here tonight
Thursday June 16th 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club Guests plus supports: A great party nite out
Tuesday June 21st 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club: Party with music, song ang laughs tonight
Thursday June 23rd 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club Guests plus supports Celebrate your event tonight
Tuesday June 28th 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club: A great night out with your mates
Thursday June 30th 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club Guests plus Maureen Younger from the UK: End of the month, time to break out!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday July 5th 2011 9.30pm: Battle of the Axe Open Mic Comedy & Singer/songwriters Club:
Thursday July 7th 2011 Battle of the Axe Comedy Club Guests plus Maureen Younger from the UK
TUESDAY NIGHTS Battleoftheaxe.com is a club for up and coming acts in the arts field. Every Tuesday night (since 1996 and until the end of time) 9.30pm up-stairs at the Ha’ Penny Bridge Inn, comedians, singer/songwriters, actors, clowns, poets, etc. go to war on the open mic to try and win the Lucky Duck Award at the club, voted by the audience. This is one of the funniest shows in Dublin and will definitely put a smile on your face from ear to ear.
Thursday Nights 'Battle of the Axe Comedy Club every Thursday Nite with Headline Stand-up,Musical, Improv and Sketch Acts. Established 15years - Ha' Penny Inn, Temple Bar'
Time: Doors open 9pm till 11.30
Admission: Tuesdays €9/Students €6.
Thursdays €9/ Students €7
Advertisement
17-10-2011, 22:34   #36
Iconwine

Still going?

Anyone know of any open mic nights or singer songwriter nights that are still going? A lot of the previous links by the poster "Marlowe" are now defunct...? New to the dublin gigging scene so venues like Whelans or the Village would be too big. somewhere that would suit an acoustic sound would be great if anyone knows???
22-10-2011, 09:54   #37
IHOMITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconwine View Post
Anyone know of any open mic nights or singer songwriter nights that are still going? A lot of the previous links by the poster "Marlowe" are now defunct...? New to the dublin gigging scene so venues like Whelans or the Village would be too big. somewhere that would suit an acoustic sound would be great if anyone knows???
Harbour Bar in Bray is a nice intimate acoustic venue, Thursdays 10pm
http://harbourbarbray.com/events/2-u...ng-events.html
16-12-2011, 22:00   #38
mouthforwar93

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOMITY View Post
Harbour Bar in Bray is a nice intimate acoustic venue, Thursdays 10pm
http://harbourbarbray.com/events/2-u...ng-events.html
Is this still going? Very interested in attending and playing at an acoustic gig where people can share their own material!
18-12-2011, 13:36   #39
iMADEtheBBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthforwar93 View Post
Is this still going? Very interested in attending and playing at an acoustic gig where people can share their own material!
They're on Facebook, drop them a note.
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 17:54   #40
decohy

Looking for a bass player and lead guitarist to record this song and others.

http://pleroma.bandcamp.com/track/multiply
13-03-2012, 10:01   #41

Hi guys
Check out the open mic running at the Brian Boru pub in Glasnevin (formerly Hedigan's). Lovely venue and Sheila who runs the session is great! You gotta book a slot in advance, think her email is on the pub's website.

Does anybody have experience with the Bleeding Horse sessions on Camden Street?
Thanks from:
08-04-2012, 12:36   #42
oisinmccole

Open Mic in Cup - cafe on nassau street

There's an open mic starting in Cup, a new cafe on nassau street. It'll be on every Saturday afternoon from 2.30 until 5. It's starting next Saturday (14-4-12) and everyone and anyone is welcome to play a few songs.
28-05-2012, 12:02   #43
khaled71

Hi Marlowe,

Do you know any lyricists who would be interested in writing about world issues, eg, human rights, ploitics, weapon trade...etc.

Thanks
Khaled
30-05-2012, 16:04   #44
iMADEtheBBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie77 View Post
Does anybody have experience with the Bleeding Horse sessions on Camden Street?
Yes. The two lads that run it (Fiach and John) are really cool and there is no clique-y aspect to it. They're on Facebook and I'd recommend artists of any ability/experience to drop down and play.

I've had some great craic there and great feedback/learning at the night.

The trick is not staying all night and not being able to get up on the Monday morning
03-07-2012, 00:39   #45
up'Chuck

http://www.dublinsessions.ie/singersongwriters.html

found this looking for the bleeding horse sessions, just being sound... we're all in this together.

p.s. i played the battle of the axe two years ago. they dont provide an amp, just a plug into the P.A and play situation. but the organizers' were nice if i remember and i met Neil delamere warming up in the fire escape stairs/green room.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion