Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-04-2007, 08:54   #1
trout
Pastor of Muppets

The wit & wisdom of pa trout

Brothers ... today is the 18th anniversary of the passing of my old man, pa trout.

I would ask you to raise a virtual glass, for he was truly one of us ... (6 foot 2, 18 stone, massive girth, spear bald since the age of 21, could fart the intro's to many of the top 70's love songs ... you get the picture)

To give you a measure of the man, I would like to share some of the following memories

#1 ... pa trout, to junior trout on his rugby debut "remember son, prop's don't have to get there first, just get there the most".

#2 ... ma trout announcing she was going back to college, to study politics and feminist studies; "we're gonna sweep the country" she says ... pa trout replies "you can start with the kitchen"

#3 ... wedding anniversary card from pa trout to ma trout "10 years married today ... it's well for ya"

#4 ... on hearing about Guinness Lite pa trout announced " ah... it will be good for the hairdressers to have their own beer, and leave the Harp to the wimmin"

pa trout ... we hardly knew ye
Advertisement
02-04-2007, 10:39   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout
#2 ... ma trout announcing she was going back to college, to study politics and feminist studies; "we're gonna sweep the country" she says ... pa trout replies "you can start with the kitchen"

*Raises glass*
"Hail to the 'ould Trout !"
02-04-2007, 13:23   #3
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Truly a Trout among men, if he was still with us he would be our village elder.
02-04-2007, 13:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaph
Truly a Trout among men, if he was still with us he would be our village elder.
Perhaps a village ancestor, a symbolic representative through the aeons who has come to embody what BGRH is all about?
03-04-2007, 00:34   #5
trout
Pastor of Muppets

one more from the archives

#5 ... pa trout to anxious trout at the onset of puberty "don't you be worried about yer genitals son ... they'll stand up for themselves"

Last edited by trout; 04-04-2007 at 08:38.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-04-2007, 08:10   #6
Mahatma coat
Banned

Brilliant, ya know we should have a proper 'words of wisdom' thread so that esential pieces of advice are chronicled for future generations.

Oh and in yer Da's honour I will deffinitley be spreading some of his wisdom around the barbeque tonight
03-04-2007, 10:47   #7
Mr Magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma coat
Brilliant, ya know we should have a proper 'words of wisdom' thread so that esential pieces of advice are chronicled for future generations.

Oh and in yer Da's honour I will deffinitley be spreading some of his wisdom around the barbeque tonight
Secondededed

5 stars

/tilts glass of Jemmy.
04-04-2007, 08:38   #8
trout
Pastor of Muppets

#6 ... pa trout to motorist who fails to respond to green traffic light ... "are you waitin' for a colour you like ?"

#7 .... pa trout to startled motorist who fails to respond to green traffic light, and then cuts out in front of the troutmobile ... "did you get yer licence in a lucky bag ?"

#8 ... pa trout to startled motorist who has now completely flooded their engine "gerrout and milk the fuppin' thing!"

#9 ... pa trout on arriving home with a thirst "I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotomy"

Last edited by trout; 04-04-2007 at 21:37.
10-04-2007, 13:15   #9
trout
Pastor of Muppets

# 10 ... pa trout to trout junior who has just stopped a penalty kick with his junior trout nads, and is furiously trying to rub the eye watering pain away "never mind massagin' them son, count them!"
Advertisement
10-04-2007, 13:19   #10
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Possibly the wisest words ever spoken. When will the book of Pa Troutisms be available Brother Trout?
10-04-2007, 16:31   #11
MarkR

Quote:
Brothers ... today is the 18th anniversary of the passing of my old man, pa trout.

I would ask you to raise a virtual glass, for he was truly one of us ... (6 foot 2, 18 stone, massive girth, spear bald since the age of 21, could fart the intro's to many of the top 70's love songs ... you get the picture)

To give you a measure of the man, I would like to share some of the following memories

#1 ... pa trout, to junior trout on his rugby debut "remember son, prop's don't have to get there first, just get there the most".

#3 ... wedding anniversary card from pa trout to ma trout "10 years married today ... it's well for ya"

#4 ... on hearing about Guinness Lite pa trout announced " ah... it will be good for the hairdressers to have their own beer, and leave the Harp to the wimmin"

Excellent stuff. Didn't think guiness lite *spit* was out for 18 years? Or perhaps the beer has fuddled the source.

*raises glass*

To Pa Trout - All things to all bald fat men.
11-04-2007, 09:18   #12
trout
Pastor of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR
Didn't think guiness lite *spit* was out for 18 years?
Must be 20 years now ... that guinness lite one is from the mists of time.

this are a trip down memory lane. (or membry lane, as pa trout would have said)
11-04-2007, 10:00   #13
Banned

Hmmm Pa Trout seems to have been a wise old Doob???

Did he ever say when an uncle gave you money"Aaah jaysus,you have a heart as big as a tea chest/church??"
11-04-2007, 10:18   #14
trout
Pastor of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterinBantam
Did he ever say when an uncle gave you money"Aaah jaysus,you have a heart as big as a tea chest/church??"
i have one uncle, and he is an awful stingy miser altogether ... pa trout would say of him "he's that mean, if he was a ghost he wouldn't give you a fright".
(4) thanks from:
11-04-2007, 20:58   #15

Quote:
i have one uncle, and he is an awful stingy miser altogether ... pa trout would say of him "he's that mean, if he was a ghost he wouldn't give you a fright".
That's fantastic. pa trout for president!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion