Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-07-2019, 08:31   #1
beya2009
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 601
Good power shower that is not noisy or low noise?

Hi everyone,


Would you know a good power shower that would be very low on noise? Also how do you check how noisy an appliance is on the spec?


We got the Triton Silent Electric shower which is excellent but for downstairs we need a power shower and the one I got installed is extremely noisy...you can hear that shower in China! lol


I was thinking of this one:
Suprajet SJ100 Power Shower:
http://www.theshowerdoctors.ie/supra...er-shower.html
beya2009 is offline  
Advertisement
16-07-2019, 09:27   #2
Sleeper12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by beya2009
I was thinking of this one: Suprajet SJ100 Power Shower:
I had to double check check the year that you posted this. Supajet went out of business because the quality of their showers were so bad they spent a fortune fixing them under warranty. The shower doctors were the service agents for superjet under warranty so they know how bad a shower they were. I'm surprised at them for selling a shower that they know is a terrible quality and that when it breaks they can't even get parts to repair it. Stay away at all costs.

Almost all power showers make the same noise as the motor is a standard brush motor in them all. The only shower on the market right now that is silent is an electric shower called the Triton T90SR. This has a brushless motor. This is not a power shower.

I'm sending you a PM about a shower you might consider.
Sleeper12 is offline  
16-07-2019, 09:47   #3
Sleeper12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by beya2009
We got the Triton Silent Electric shower which is excellent but for downstairs we need a power shower and the one I got installed is extremely noisy...you can hear that shower in China! lol

Im a deamon for skipping over parts of comments and missing important bits of information. What is the make and model of the power shower you already have installed downstairs? Not every power shower easily replaces another. Some are top entry, bottom entry, rear entry etc. Some have hot on the left & some on the right. Some are even low voltage & may need to be rewired if replacing with a different shower.

If we know the make and model of the existing shower it will be easier to recommend a replacement
Sleeper12 is offline  
16-07-2019, 10:05   #4
beya2009
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Im a deamon for skipping over parts of comments and missing important bits of information. What is the make and model of the power shower you already have installed downstairs? Not every power shower easily replaces another. Some are top entry, bottom entry, rear entry etc. Some have hot on the left & some on the right. Some are even low voltage & may need to be rewired if replacing with a different shower.

If we know the make and model of the existing shower it will be easier to recommend a replacement

Thanks for the help Sleeper12. The one we have now is:
Triton Aspirante Thermostatic Power Shower All Chrome - AS2000XT Aquasensation
and before that we had a Supajet 100 or something.


The new one we have works perfectly but it's noisy, especially if you increase the power.
beya2009 is offline  
16-07-2019, 10:30   #5
Sleeper12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by beya2009
The new one we have works perfectly but it's noisy, especially if you increase the power.

The shower I mentioned in the PM should be a direct replacement for AS2000XT
Sleeper12 is offline  
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 16:28   #6
anheneti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 145
Hi
Triton are launching a silent AS2000 power shower in September
anheneti is offline  
18-07-2019, 16:32   #7
Sleeper12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by anheneti View Post
Hi
Triton are launching a silent AS2000 power shower in September



No one is supposed to publicize that information till the launch in August. It's a secret.
Sleeper12 is offline  
18-07-2019, 20:51   #8
anheneti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
No one is supposed to publicize that information till the launch in August. It's a secret.
Oops😂
anheneti is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet