Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animation shorts on Bosco

Options
  • 19-07-2006 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭

There was the McSpuds (brilliant), Flaherty's Garden (basically a rip-off of The Magic Roundabout - acidtastic), Gregory Grainneog (all characters made out of plasticine - genius!), those two play-dough guys who talked gibberish, were able to change their own shapes and constantly beat the **** out of each other. What I'm vague about is the one that was set on a beach. I think it was about a girl who lived on the seashore and was mates with sea creatures and the shells (:confused:) and stuff. Anyone who can shed more light on it? What was it called again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I can't remember the beach one!! Which is weird because I loooved Bosco so much. The McSpuds were the best though - they're the ones I remember most vividly. Those and the Tongue Twisters or whatever they were called :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yes indeed. Stupid of me not to mention the Tongue Twisters. They ruled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

you cant beat the magic door

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi1je3kWFUU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think the guys who beat the crap out of each other were called the Plungsters or something like that and the one about the girl who lived by the seashore was called Twizzle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Magic door was pretty cool, most of the time led to Dublin Zoo.:p

Twizzle! Had no idea. Anyone with any more info on it, please share.
    Wasn't it just the best EVER when it showed Bosco in his room?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dudess wrote:
    Twizzle! Had no idea. Anyone with any more info on it, please share.
    Wasn't it just the best EVER when it showed Bosco in his room?!

I remember that also I thought the Bosco car was pretty cool, even though the cardboard tires went flat once. :(

"Knock knock, any more" - totally meaningless, but fab!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The painted on milk bottles lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I loved Flaherty's Garden;

ruff", said flaherty,
    "caaw", said cornelius

found an earlier thread about Bosco;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-91535.html

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Oh I loved the McSpuds with their crazy supermarket adventures, you just never knew what they were gonna get up to next! Mad fools of potatoes. I have to say Flaherty's Garden freaked me out a bit. It was so dark and forlorn. I remember I kept expecting Cornelius to turn out to be evil and start killing people with his beak or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Shiela McSpud rocked the gaff ;)
    Yeah, can remember the one on the seashore but not for the life of me can I recall the name. Have my older bro with a photographic memory trying to recall it so Big Brother will get back to you as it were ;)

Naw, tell your big brother someone ID'd it - Twizzle. Never would have remembered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Pretty much all the Bosco shorts were sinister. The McSpud family was really creepy, as were the tonguetwisters. And don't even get me started on how evil Cornelius the Crow was!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I can't remember the beach one!! Which is weird because I loooved Bosco so much. The McSpuds were the best though - they're the ones I remember most vividly. Those and the Tongue Twisters or whatever they were called :)

The touge twister creatures were called plonskters and the thing with the beach was 'times the tide'

I loved when bosco sang the painting song and the xmas specials. Hated Corneluis the crow but loved faherty. Savers supermarket rocked as did charlie crown, bring back Bosco!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Bit on Bosco from 9:02 with some brief footage of Gregory Grainneog, I've been looking for years for footage of GG, there's nothing out there. Unfortunately it has Fiona Looney talking over it for its entirety. I remember that song about the tree as well that's just before it, looks like a quite early Bosco clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I loved when the magic door led to a factory

Well feck me heres an uploaded episode of Bosco I missed. It has Gregory Grainneog. Unusual through the magic door bit too. Early episode from 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Plonksters

• Advertisement

Then there were these creepy feckers, I used to them them really unsettling.

Advertisement