Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2019, 12:15   #1
Cannon_fodder

Dab - antenna and stations in Meath

Hi all, I have an amp with Dab radio but the supplied internal antenna picks up nothing.

I'm thinking of fitting a dedicated outdoor DAB antenna but only if it's worth it.

What stations can I pick up in the Navan area? Can I pick up ant Northern Ireland DAB Stations?
Advertisement
17-07-2019, 21:52   #2
SATNAV

DAB Coverage

Hi

I don't think a outdoor antenna will be of any help ( might be wrong ) But DAB is officially on trial in Dublin area , also DAB is not like MW /FM with coverage fading and sound fading etc , With DAB once coverage goes below a level it completely drops.
Best of luck if you get an antenna .

B
Thanks from:
17-07-2019, 22:59   #3
Cannon_fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATNAV View Post
Hi

I don't think a outdoor antenna will be of any help ( might be wrong ) But DAB is officially on trial in Dublin area , also DAB is not like MW /FM with coverage fading and sound fading etc , With DAB once coverage goes below a level it completely drops.
Best of luck if you get an antenna .

B
Thanks for the reply. Probably wasting my time on it.
19-07-2019, 10:49   #4
turbocab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_fodder View Post
Thanks for the reply. Probably wasting my time on it.
if you want the irish channels rte gold about the best ,point your outdoor antenna towards three rock mountain south Dublin ,you should pick it up no problem
19-07-2019, 20:22   #5
castle2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_fodder View Post
Hi all, I have an amp with Dab radio but the supplied internal antenna picks up nothing.

I'm thinking of fitting a dedicated outdoor DAB antenna but only if it's worth it.

What stations can I pick up in the Navan area? Can I pick up ant Northern Ireland DAB Stations?
Hi I have a DAB radio I'm my car and can pick up DAB from northern Ireland in my car .so it should be possible.however I seems like an expensive option to erect an Ariel when all the DAB ni stations are available online
Advertisement
27-07-2019, 22:01   #6
crosshair1

Only seen this this thread now while looking for possible dab issues,

I'm in west offaly and have dab reception with a dipole antenna in the attic (have it set up 3 years with no issue until this evening).

Cant see you having any issues in Meath if you dont have and obstacles in your way.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion