Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to Watch 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macraignil wrote: »
    Serge Aurier at 5million could be a less expensive way into having a Spurs starting defender if talk of Trippier going to Madrid is true. Interesting to see who gets the right full back slot in the pre-seaon games.

There’s talk of Aurier leaving too. I saw the name of who Poch wants to replace them with but I can’t remember it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

There’s talk of Aurier leaving too. I saw the name of who Poch wants to replace them with but I can’t remember it now.

Supposedly interested in the two Sessegnons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ravel Morrison to sheff Utd. He was fantasy gold for about 2 weeks in his west ham days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Haller (7.5), West Ham's.new record signing. Something like 20 goals in 40 in Germany, and I heard a German journo raving about him. Home to City in gw1 and Man Utd in gw6, and 4 juicy games in-between. I think he'll be my early punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,020 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Haller (7.5), West Ham's.new record signing. Something like 20 goals in 40 in Germany, and I heard a German journo raving about him. Home to City in gw1 and Man Utd in gw6, and 4 juicy games in-between. I think he'll be my early punt.

Ridiculously expensive for a striker starting in the PL in a shít team.

Arnie was 7.0 FFS, and he's proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Mason Greenwood is going in my team great goal today and hit the crossbar

Lukaku is leaving and this kid is the most natural finisher at the club

He will get plenty of games and looks ready

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ridiculously expensive for a striker starting in the PL in a shít team.

Arnie was 7.0 FFS, and he's proven.
    Bit harsh on WH, good manager and a decent squad, should comfortably be top half. They have lots of attacking talent in midfield so could score plenty of goals. I do agree on Haller though, need to see something from him to justify that price before I'd go near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lundstram 4m listed as a defender for Sheff Utd but has played both preseason games in midfield. Could be great OOP fodder if he keeps his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lundstram 4m listed as a defender for Sheff Utd but has played both preseason games in midfield. Could be great OOP fodder if he keeps his place.

Good shout - could definitely get some game time.
    https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/latest-blades-news/sheffield-united-a-definite-part-to-play-chris-wilder-confirms-midfielder-john-lundstram-is-in-his-plans-for-premier-league-season-following-impressive-pre-season-displays-485003

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Keeping tabs on Barkley(£6.0m). Could be gold if he's first choice with Lampard's attacking style of play and their kind opening fixtures. Keep hearing about this Mason Mount fella though(not added yet to the game). Lampard seems very fond of him. Any Chelsea fans care to give some input?

• Advertisement

Nketiah(£4.5m fwd) bagged a brace for Arsenal tonight against Fiorentina. Played 80 mins. He played 78 mins 4 days previously, getting an assist, as well as another goal in a cameo sub appearance in the game in between. Emery obviously likes him. Definitely one to watch. He has an excellent record in the England youth setup too - 21 goals in 25 games from U18's through to U21's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Joelinton just added for Newcastle United at £6million which is an interesting price. He is reported to be getting the number 9 shirt which in Newcastle tradition means he will be expected to get most of their goals. He is a bit of a gamble with a tough enough run of opening games but think I'll go with him from the start if he gets some time in the team in pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

macraignil wrote: »
    Joelinton just added for Newcastle United at £6million which is an interesting price. He is reported to be getting the number 9 shirt which in Newcastle tradition means he will be expected to get most of their goals. He is a bit of a gamble with a tough enough run of opening games but think I'll go with him from the start if he gets some time in the team in pre-season.

Could possibly be tempting at 5.5 or lower.

I think 6m Benteke has gone under the radar a bit, especially if Zaha leaves and they don't sign another striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

macraignil wrote:

They start against Arsenal. Don't think a big powerful striker could have wished for a better defense to start with.

Any chance he'd be on penalties... could be well worth a punt at that price if he was in the mix for penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

They start against Arsenal. Don't think a big powerful striker could have wished for a better defense to start with.

Any chance he'd be on penalties... could be well worth a punt at that price if he was in the mix for penalties.

It would be hard to take them off richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Keep an eye on Ben Johnson for West ham at 4m. Played away to city last year but pellegrini has decided he doesn't want another left back and has got minutes in both pre season games so far Fulham this weekend and bilbao the week after could tell alot about what he is thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Keep an eye on Ben Johnson for West ham at 4m. Played away to city last year but pellegrini has decided he doesn't want another left back and has got minutes in both pre season games so far Fulham this weekend and bilbao the week after could tell alot about what he is thinking

I was wondering what he was up to since the Olympics..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

He will be ok until he fails a drug test after the first game and you would be just wasting a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

im intrigued by leicester this year. That midfield seems so dynamic. Tellyman, Kante-Lite, Maddison and barnes.

I might try get 2 of them in

Henderson to Sheff Utd on loan. I think he'll be my gk assuming he'll start gw1 *edit* and assuming he'll be 4.5m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    Henderson to Sheff Utd on loan. I think he'll be my gk assuming he'll start gw1 *edit* and assuming he'll be 4.5m

Pity there wasn't room to put him in lower priced on the United team first.

They found their way to promotion through solid defence as opposed to Villa and Norwich who seemed to have a more swashbuckling method. All their new players on the offensive end too. Seem to want to keep their defence intact. I'd prefer him to Ryan as a 4.5m keeper. Brighton could be rock bottom this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »

They found their way to promotion through solid defence as opposed to Villa and Norwich who seemed to have a more swashbuckling method. All their new players on the offensive end too. Seem to want to keep their defence intact. I'd prefer him to Ryan as a 4.5m keeper. Brighton could be rock bottom this time around.

That has solved my problem
    Stick him in goals and duffy or dunk can be my 4tj defender

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Henderson's a great keeper but not liking their opening fixtures myself, regardless of potential save pts!

Would you say Villa are poor defensively? Really like their opening fixtures. Hard to know if Heaton goes straight in as No.1 if he signs. You'd think he'd strengthen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Henderson's a great keeper but not liking their opening fixtures myself, regardless of potential save pts!

Would you say Villa are poor defensively? Really like their opening fixtures. Hard to know if Heaton goes straight in as No.1 if he signs. You'd think he'd strengthen them.

11th best defensive in Championship. I'd be worried. They have a weird anomaly where away from home they were one of the best and at home one of the worse.

Heaton has to improve them though.

Ceballos comes in at 5.5...interesting price. Will wait and see how he settles.

Ceballos comes in at 5.5...interesting price. Will wait and see how he settles.

20 minute debut against Lyon, looks a very tidy player. Quick and carried the ball well and also made of couple of runs into the box. Reminded me of Cazorla, the type of player Arsenal have missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

20 minute debut against Lyon, looks a very tidy player. Quick and carried the ball well and also made of couple of runs into the box. Reminded me of Cazorla, the type of player Arsenal have missed.
    I'm assuming he was playing behind the front man? I know people here have suggested that Ceballos would affect Guendouzi's game time but I think Guendouzi could nail down a place as the most important man in the Arsenal midfield this season. He's just not much of a FF asset unfortunately.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm assuming he was playing behind the front man? I know people here have suggested that Ceballos would affect Guendouzi's game time but I think Guendouzi could nail down a place as the most important man in the Arsenal midfield this season. He's just not much of a FF asset unfortunately.

No he sat in the midfield 3 as the most progressive of the 3 and was always trying to drive forward. They play two more friendlies before the Newcastle game so will watch those and see how he gets on. Hard to know yet if he will more of an assist the assister type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

11th best defensive in Championship. I'd be worried. They have a weird anomaly where away from home they were one of the best and at home one of the worse.

Heaton has to improve them though.

Tough to judge really, we're likely to start the season with only Mings in defense that played last year and he was only there for 6 months at which point we were much improved defensively so I'm not sure what if anything can be taken from last season's stats when so few of the team will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any love for Mason Mount? I feel like there will be one gem in chelsea this year, just about finding the right one.

Advertisement