Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #10 Freshpopcorn

Options
  • 24-06-2019 5:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's Rudolph Eve, and almost the half way point of the year. What better way to celebrate this than to ask a few questions of our resident count-down champion, Freshpopcorn! :)

-Who is your favourite author?
    -What's your favourite book?
    -Favourite colour?
    -Take away: Chinese, Indian, Thai, chipper, pizza or other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    It's Rudolph Eve, and almost the half way point of the year. What better way to celebrate this than to ask a few questions of our resident count-down champion, Freshpopcorn! :)

-Who is your favourite author?
    -What's your favourite book?
    -Favourite colour?
    -Take away: Chinese, Indian, Thai, chipper, pizza or other?

I had had a speech impediment as a child and I struggled with reading. I read the popular books at school. Harry Potter/etc.
    In secondary school we had to do a book report a week and I had to read all these oldie books and it turned me off it. I eventually figured out I could make these reports up.
    I got turned off reading tough. I like reading the paper or a magazine about cars.
    I enjoy books which would have a good murder mystery or mystery or something similar to a soap. Not into violent stuff tough when I say a murder.
    I'd have ago at any Christmas book tough. My mother had one by Patricia Scanlan a few years ago and it was alright.
    So in a very long winded answer I find it hard to pick an book/Author.

I'd probably say blue but I also like grey.

My favorite take-away would be pizza. Favorite topping would be ham. Also like pineapple, pepperoni, Mushroom, peppers, smoked salmon(Had it a few times). I don't like onions/olives on Pizza tough.
    I'm open to almost any take away tough but I'm not gone on curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Caranica wrote: »
    Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Hugh Grant if he was a tad shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be when you grew up? Jobwise. and how close did you come to achieving it?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

Top 5 desert island discs?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be when you grew up? Jobwise. and how close did you come to achieving it?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

Top 5 desert island discs?

When I was small I wanted to drive Machinery and then a Chef.
    I ended up doing hotel management in college and worked for a bit in hotels and may do it again. i also work on the family family.
    I also think I wanted to be a Garda at some stage.

A pint bottle of Bulmers Apple with ice would be number one.
    Spirts would be Jack Daniels or Captain Morgans.
    I'd drink various beers.
    Don't do the wine thing at all.

East 17 Stay Another Day
    Mika Happy Ending.
    Cold Play A Sky Full of Stars.
    U2 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
    ABBA The Winner Takes it All.

This is off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

On this fine day, mid-Christmas day and Rudolph day, I am struggling to think of non Christmas questions.

You mentioned you liked car magazines, so what is the dream car, as in if you did have the cash which one would you buy and drive in Ireland?

If you could change one thing about Christmas, what would it be?

Jude13 wrote: »
    On this fine day, mid-Christmas day and Rudolph day, I am struggling to think of non Christmas questions.

You mentioned you liked car magazines, so what is the dream car, as in if you did have the cash which one would you buy and drive in Ireland?

If you could change one thing about Christmas, what would it be?

Whilst I like cars I like them to piratical. I like going out and buying something and being able to put down the seats to bring it home. (Not a big fan of saloons) I'd probably go with a Range Rover Evoque dark blue in colour with cream leather.

The second one is a hard one.
    I dislike the shock and outrage when Brown Thomas opens there Christmas shop.(It was fine to be surprised before but it's not getting early every year).
    I'd like to stop people working up massive debts off money lenders, high interest loans, etc.So, if I could change that I would. As a kid I was always told Santa had to buy toys for everybody and he can't buy you everything and I accepted and was happy. Some years I got more than others. I don't really buy into here's the Smyth's Catalogue and just tick off what you want.Now some people may have to get a small loan/etc and I understand this or if they had a rough year they might go for a little mad but spending thousands on toys isn't good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Favourite film?

Favourite Dessert?

Tea or Coffee person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Also, how do you remember every day about the countdown? You never fail to do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

4 people dead or alive to have dinner with and why?

Favourite holiday destination?

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Favourite film?

Favourite Dessert?

Tea or Coffee person?

Christmas would be Love Actually.
    Non Christmas would be Ted.

Dessert would be some sort of pavova or a fresh cream a swiss roll.

I'd prefer coffee more than tea but I would only have it out and would order a mocha.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Also, how do you remember every day about the countdown? You never fail to do it :D

It just becomes a habit. I have some of them prepared in advance. If there's a storm due. I'd be thinking I better have access to picture on my phone to the countdown encase there's issues with the Wifi

It just becomes a habit. I have some of them prepared in advance. If there's a storm due. I'd be thinking I better have access to picture on my phone to the countdown encase there's issues with the Wifi

That is serious dedication. I like your commitment to the cause :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    4 people dead or alive to have dinner with and why?

Peter Kay because I think he'd be good crack.

Theresa May because I think she dissevers a good night out.

Dáithí O Sé mainly just to see what I'd make of him.

Sam Atwell he's a script consultant with Fair City and I have some ideas for him.

I was never overly pushed about celebrities/famous people tough.

TRS30 wrote: »

Even tough I haven't being there I'd like to Cornwall for some reason.
    I'd also like driving around looking at light houses.

I'd also like driving around looking at light houses.

We got my folks a voucher for a company where you can staying in unusual renovated buildings. One was a lighthouse! They stayed in an old mill up North in the end however the lighthouse looked really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What would your ideal day be if you had twenty four hours to do as you wished ?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What would your ideal day be if you had twenty four hours to do as you wished ?

The weather would go from a frosty morning to a dry crisp day.
    I'd like it to be the 23rd of December and have a full Irish Breakfast in the morning.
    Then I'd like to visit various shopping centers in Dublin(Which I'd rarely get to go to). They would be people about but they'd be all in a good mood.
    They'd also be no traffic.
    I'd like to drive around and visit the be decorated houses in Ireland.
    Then have a meal with people I like.
    Then come home and watch Christmas movies with everything ready for Christmas Eve in a decorated house.
    Also if I could buy the winning lotto ticket. I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Freshpopcorn !
    Here my questions :
    - Which are your favourite hobbies ?
    - Which is your favourite way of travel ?
    - What is your ideal number of people for a perfect party ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Do you like Butter, Salted or Caramel.

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Freshpopcorn !
    Here my questions :
    - Which are your favourite hobbies ?
    - Which is your favourite way of travel ?
    - What is your ideal number of people for a perfect party ?

Favorite hobbies
    I like cars but I wouldn't be picky or pushy compared to a lot of enthusiasts.
    I like drama's, soaps, comedies,a bit of reality TV etc.(Not into violent things,etc)
    I like walking/maybe a light jog but by myself.
    I like shopping around Christmas.
    Boards/Internet in general.
    I'd dip in and out of things such as cooking, gardening.
    Favorite way to travel
    By car. I like the comfort, being able to control the heating, music, smell,etc by myself. I don't find sitting on a bus/train reading relaxing.
    Ideal Number of people for a perfect part.
    I'd say around six. I like talking and I feel six is a good amount. No music blaring either. When I go out with people I want to talk to them.

Do you like Butter, Salted or Caramel.

I like all of them in that order!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What is your favourite TV show?

First concert you went to?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    What is your favourite TV show?

I like the soaps.
    Scott and Bailey, Criminal Minds, Great British Bake Off, Dancing with the Stars, The Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner, Fawtly Towers, Older comdies, Would I lie to you. (I find it hard to pick one)

I don't like wars/battles or anything very oldies worldly.

First concert you went to?

I went to a few when I was younger that I can't remember but the first one's I went to was Six!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks a million to Freshpopcorn for the Q&A. The Know Your Elves series continues here although there's no time limit, and I'm sure FP will answer any stragglers. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Thanks a million to Freshpopcorn for the Q&A. The Know Your Elves series continues here although there's no time limit, and I'm sure FP will answer any stragglers. :)

Thanks, ask anything ye want!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sorry I missed your ama freshpopcorn! Enjoyed your answers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

First music single you ever bought?

If you could make a selection box of 5 items of chocolate/sweets what would you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 59,551 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Hi Freshpopcorn:

As a child, can you remember any particular act by someone (a parent or relative or community member) or event which you experienced which made Christmas 'extra special/ extra real/ extra magical'?
    If you were The Weather God, would Christmas Day be [a] definitely white in your area; (b) crisp and snow-free; [c] some other variant of your choice?
    Are you planning on participating in the proposed Christmas panto podcast if we can get it over the line? :D
    Have you a least favourite part/ aspect of the 'official' Christmas period?
    Do you carve the turkey or is it done by another person?
    Can you tell us a corny Christmas cracker joke?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    First music single you ever bought?

If you could make a selection box of 5 items of chocolate/sweets what would you pick?

First single was probably something by Dustin the Turkey or Bob the Builder "Can we fix it"
    First singing thing would have being Six "There's a whole lot of loving".
    Selection box.
    Maltessers. Regular but I love the Dealz white chocolate one's.
    Some chocolate with Salted Carmel. Chocolate not to dark.
    White Chocolate buttons.
    Milky teeth penny sweets.
    Milk chocolate Lindt.

Advertisement