Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

• 08-07-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi can my 21 year daughter who just got full licence get insured on her own car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, but it may be expensive at the start.
    You may want to consider something like https://www.aviva.ie/insurance/car-insurance/ignition/

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

biko wrote: »
    Yes, but it may be expensive at the start.
    You may want to consider something like https://www.aviva.ie/insurance/car-insurance/ignition/

Thanks for reply.. i was onto broker today and he said no compant quotes when he puts information in. Is the police u mention not very expensive with peneltys if she goes outside the terms even slightly

I am not sure what you're asking. Can you spell-check or rephrase the question?

I am not sure what you're asking. Can you spell-check or rephrase the question?

Sorry biko. I am getting mixed up with insurance where they fit something to engin to monotor driving. I rang around this morning and was quoted 2400 which serms the cheapest on a 08 one litte

Ring Aviva and ask about the Ignition course I linked to above.
    Ring Allianz and ask about their Safe Driver App
    Ring BoxyMo.ie

• Advertisement

Ring Aviva and ask about the Ignition course I linked to above.
    Ring Allianz and ask about their Safe Driver App
    Ring BoxyMo.ie

Thanks for all the help. Will make few calls later

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭treascon

Ignition course no good to her as she has passed her test! €2400 not too bad for someone just starting out in current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

treascon wrote: »
    Ignition course no good to her as she has passed her test! €2400 not too bad for someone just starting out in current climate

Try axa With drive save app she can save 20percent .
    Cost me 1800 when I started 5 yrs ago.

treascon wrote: »
    Sorry, yeah, it's only available for full licence UK or EU drivers.
    Irish permit holders only

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ignition course is for people that want a lower premium on their insurance and they are willing to show a Ignition tester they are good drivers.
    The course can be take by full licence drivers, I have done it myself.

Today's learn.

Doesn't reflect well on the official driving test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement